2024 Adarius Hayes LB Largo OV this weekend

He is a great player and would be a great addition but the game has changed a bunch. LBs aren’t as important as back in the day. You still need good ones like every position but it’s not a priority. Maybe the kid ends up as a pass rusher which changes everything, and he may just end up that.
I wouldn't say that aren't as important. I just think the pool of guys who can do everything that's required of an elite LB these days has shrunk.

They aren't judged/asked to finish with 100 + tackles a year. But a guy that can shed a block, fill a gap, get after the QB and drop into zone or man coverage Is still very impactful. It takes away a lot of the presnap personnel reads/advantages an OC is looking to exploit.

Advertisement
I wouldn't say that aren't as important. I just think the pool of guys who can do everything that's required of an elite LB these days has shrunk.

They aren't judged/asked to finish with 100 + tackles a year. But a guy that can shed a block, fill a gap, get after the QB and drop into zone or man coverage Is still very impactful. It takes away a lot of the presnap personnel reads/advantages an OC is looking to exploit.
They are without a doubt less important but as I stated originally doesn’t mean you don’t want good ones. In a situation of limited resources, in today’s game which position would you have lower than a LB?

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 1.47.39 PM.png

I think even the UF writer is losing hope in Billy. Instead of taking Billys staffs word that they still feel like they could hold on he inserted his opinion and became a mope :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Massively. I’ve been against Sanders as a coach ever since he pulled that stunt with Mark Pope. But the guy knows how to build up talent and can sell dreams.
Same, that **** with Mark was BS. Disgusting.

At the same time I gotta give credit. Not only can sell water to a whale, but he continues to get commits without people knowing they’re even on radar, it’s actually masterful.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hayes said he is going to talk with his parents and his coach about the two schools- Miami and UF. It's down to those two.

He is announcing at 1 pm on Wednesday.

“It’s going to be a tough decision for me,”
Would have liked to see him flip already. Why make the trip down again… doesn’t sound promising.

Advertisement
Back