2024 Adarius Hayes LB Largo OV this weekend

respectfully disagree with you on this. The internet shrunk the entire world and every region of the country was much less nationalized in the 90s than today. Game tape was on vhs and sent by mail and if you read any content on recruiting it was in a magazine or the newspaper delivered to your house. Now a freshman interning for ohio state is sitting behind a computer compiling dossiers on every kid in south florida who has any potential before ryan day or hartline ever even leaves campus for their first recruiting trip of a cycle. Those butch/jimmy staffs were 100% elite at recruiting but it's a simple fact that they faced a much different level of competition for recruiting market share in locally.
For Butch to do what he did (especially from 96-98) during all that turmoil (when Sanctions were hit the hardest) is akin to anything anyone could do today. To have that thrown in your Lap in 95...and bring in the 96-99 classes that later proved to be Historical, Trumps anything anyone has done since, especially doing it without a Brinks Truck at your disposal.

Advertisement
He's going to bounce from Colorado in the next 2 years. I thinks he's keeping his son at QB another year to boost his resume despite being pegged as the 4th QB in the 2024 draft. He wants to do enough time get out before the house of cards fall down.

If he had just an average QB, Colorado may have only won 1 game last year. These wholesale changes he's doing via the portal aren't going to work plus he's ******** kids that transfer in and don't perform to his liking. He's really treating college football like unlimited NFL free agency.

I think he's a bit of a narcissist. In his mind, he's the greatest coach. All the problems are someone else's fault.
I still laugh when I think about him demoting Sean Lewis.

The greatest recruit of all time is Jessie Armstead. The greatest CFB team, and staff, of all time is the 1991 Miami Hurricanes.
Nah...Armstead was HUGE, but Lester Williams was even more impactful. Only coach on the 91 staff that I'd put over Butch's staff was Sonny Lubick, who ironically is my favorite UM coordinator of all time. Also, the cream of the 91 team was JJ recruits, who Butch closed on in 1987-88.

No one cares about you old farts crootment stories & coaches! Focus!

We are HERE

Yall still talkin bout THERE.

Chappelles Show GIF

Lol

Advertisement
Bama and others will just pay in the portal to get the top DL or whatever position they missed in recruiting. Things are changing some but it will take years for ppl to catch up.
I agree, Bama is not going anywhere. However, they are not getting 1st dibs on every single recruit and stashing them away anymore.
IMO There is a lot more parity in recruiting now.

This kid is an ELITE prospect. Only reason he isn’t a 5-star, top 30 player is he isn’t college ready right this second like almost all those kids are. But he’s got the frame to easily add 25 lbs and keep the explosiveness. Everything else is 10/10. Heat seeking missile with instincts, athleticism, loves to hit and can really run. If this kid was 230+ now, like he will be in a year, he’d be a Top 30 recruit. Would be a MASSIVE flip.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid is an ELITE prospect. Only reason he isn’t a 5-star, top 30 player is he isn’t college ready right this second like almost all those kids are. But he’s got the frame to easily add 25 lbs and keep the explosiveness. Everything else is 10/10. Heat seeking missile with instincts, athleticism, loves to hit and can really run. If this kid was 230+ now, like he will be in a year, he’d be a Top 30 recruit. Would be a MASSIVE flip.
Yeah, I think the biggest thing working against him is that he maybe a tweener. Athletically he looks like a monster. A better version of Malik?

Advertisement
Back