2024 Adarius Hayes LB Largo OV this weekend

I go back to Bobby Bowden when he said Butch Davis was the best recruiter he’s ever seen.

Look at what Butch did at UNC the talent he acquired.

Lou Saban wasn’t too bad either he brought in Lester Williams and Smokey Roan from Carol City-Williams was considered the # 1 in the nation at the time I was living in Miramar at the time and channel 10 interviewed Lester Williams at the time he committed to UM it was their biggest recruit ever at the time.

Advertisement
Yes, definitely possible. And no 7-on-7 or offseason circuit. The street agent plague hadn’t proliferated yet, either.
So, yes, definitely. Also 7-on-7 and offseason circuit are a go too. And street agent plague has began to rapidly increase. Got it.

I'm willing to argue this one out a bit. I certainly understand that historical staffs recruiting efforts led to incredible success and led to a multitude of NFL selections and first round picks.

However, that was in a time where SFL was less nationalized in terms of recruiting, with less ability to scout and communicate with players outside of their geographical region. In today's environment recruiting has to be more challenging than in the 80's/90's/00's.

This staff's ability to mobilize funding and booster support also is also greater than any former staffs, which has a direct correlation to recruiting performance (especially with NIL).

We will see what this staff can materialize in terms of on-field success and NFL selections but this is all-time what they are doing with this sample size. Recruiting rankings also support this position (even if they're bullshyt).

I'm going with Mario's staff as best ever, but agree that past staffs were also elite.
Hope you are right and this team turns out better than some of the players of the Butch era teams. Would be great and would be the best college team of all time. Dan Morgan, James Jackson, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Frank Gore, Edergan James, Willis McGahee,Clinton Portis, DJ Williams, Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Jeremy Shockey, Johnathan Vilma,Bryant McKinnie,Vince Wilfork. 17 first round picks, 43 trips to the Pro Bowl just off the 2001 team. That 2000 team was stacked.

DL is one of the least blue chip positions available in the portal. Bama is not going to stay on top. They don't even have an RB committed which is why they're going all in on Riley. They're still recruiting well, but not as many kids are lining up like they did just a few years ago.

Every dynasty comes to an end. Saban is likely done after this year if he wins a natty. He's tied with Bear Bryant for national championships at Alabama. If he wins one this year, he may ride off into the sunset. When he retires its all over. I don't think he will stick around to watch the program slowly decay.

Bama will likely hire Dabo (a former player), but he doesn't have the cache' that Saban does. His own program is on the downswing which might put him out of the running.

Alabama will come after Mario, but Mario isn't leaving the school he loves and is building into a national champion. It's easy to see that Mario wants his own legacy. Why would he go to another school to make them a champion? This is the reason he left Oregon in the first place.

We are already seeing new faces in the CFP. With the 12 team playoff, new teams such as Miami and Texas will emerge.
Coach Prime is Bama silent coach in waiting

I go back to Bobby Bowden when he said Butch Davis was the best recruiter he’s ever seen.

Look at what Butch did at UNC the talent he acquired.

Lou Saban wasn’t too bad either he brought in Lester Williams and Smokey Roan from Carol City-Williams was considered the # 1 in the nation at the time I was living in Miramar at the time and channel 10 interviewed Lester Williams at the time he committed to UM it was their biggest recruit ever at the time.
At the time though, right?

Advertisement
South FL wasn't less Nationalized in the 90s....and the staff I not only think was the best in UM History locked up more kids nationally than in Dade and Broward.
respectfully disagree with you on this. The internet shrunk the entire world and every region of the country was much less nationalized in the 90s than today. Game tape was on vhs and sent by mail and if you read any content on recruiting it was in a magazine or the newspaper delivered to your house. Now a freshman interning for ohio state is sitting behind a computer compiling dossiers on every kid in south florida who has any potential before ryan day or hartline ever even leaves campus for their first recruiting trip of a cycle. Those butch/jimmy staffs were 100% elite at recruiting but it's a simple fact that they faced a much different level of competition for recruiting market share in locally.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The greatest recruit of all time is Jessie Armstead. The greatest CFB team, and staff, of all time is the 1991 Miami Hurricanes.
DJ Williams and Willie Williams say hello.

A shame Willie didn’t succeed here, for a myriad of reasons.

respectfully disagree with you on this. The internet shrunk the entire world and every region of the country was much less nationalized in the 90s than today. Game tape was on vhs and sent by mail and if you read any content on recruiting it was in a magazine or the newspaper delivered to your house. Now a freshman interning for ohio state is sitting behind a computer compiling dossiers on every kid in south florida who has any potential before ryan day or hartline ever even leaves campus for their first recruiting trip of a cycle. Those butch/jimmy staffs were 100% elite at recruiting but it's a simple fact that they faced a much different level of competition for recruiting market share in locally.
Fax

Times change and this is what killed us I said this for years

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jessie was the nation‘s #1 defensive recruit, IIRC. But so was DJ.

Heck, so was Jammi German, no?

Some all-time top recruits.
Jessie was #1 overall recruit. He had offers from everyone.

I never thought German was any good, but no need to pile on decades later.

Coach Prime is Bama silent coach in waiting
He's going to bounce from Colorado in the next 2 years. I thinks he's keeping his son at QB another year to boost his resume despite being pegged as the 4th QB in the 2024 draft. He wants to do enough time get out before the house of cards fall down.

If he had just an average QB, Colorado may have only won 1 game last year. These wholesale changes he's doing via the portal aren't going to work plus he's ******** kids that transfer in and don't perform to his liking. He's really treating college football like unlimited NFL free agency.

I think he's a bit of a narcissist. In his mind, he's the greatest coach. All the problems are someone else's fault.

Advertisement
Back