Coaching Adam Schefter: Joe Brady likely to stay in the NFL

The problem is nobody on this board has any idea who Miami is thinking about. It’s useless speculation by posters here who know nothing and should stay away from the subject.🥱
Was it speculation when I posted two days ago negotiations were breaking down with Brady, then it’s dropped today he’s staying in the nfl?

Advertisement
Nope this post is so stupid that it boggles my mind. Your point that no one was born an OC and everyone had to get there first chance at some point is not nearly as good as you think it is…

Greater than 50 percent of first time OCs and DCs produce average to below average results.

Statistically speaking, Ken could be an elite OC, but chances are he won’t be.

Instead of gambling on Ken, who could be a good OC but who could also be a bad OC, why don’t we hire an elite OC with a proven track record like Briles, Grimes, etc.?

It’s like an owner of a business deciding between hiring an elite employee versus an employee who’s never done the job before. In the days when we didn’t have $$, we had no choice but to take risks, but there’s no need to now. Way less risk with a proven commodity.
I think we are missing each other here. My post and point is about candidacy. He could totally flame out, and I think that comes down to risk tolerance. But this guy is going to be an NFL OC candidate very soon without play calling experience . He can definitely be a serious candidate here with the same resume. I don’t think it’s going to be a pre-requisite for the job and it usually isn’t in the league.

There’s Head coaches who’s never been coordinators before loll. Hc’s that’s never called a play.

People are poo poo’ing Ken because he’s a former cane. The only reason he’d even look at Miami is because of his love for the program. This job is beneath him by his resume. Only fans here would crap on an nfl lifer who’s had a huge impact on qb’s and their best seasons.

If somebody doesn’t think he’s he an unreal hire they’re just uneducated about him as a teacher. He’s one of the smarter qb guys around football.

We’d be lucky to have him, I’m just not sure if he’d want to come down to this level.
There are guys that get OC or HC jobs just because they were on someone’s staff. Is he the best fit? Idk. But he’s definitely qualified to be a candidate lol

This whole thing about Dorsey not being a good candidate because he’s never been an OC is so misguided and stupid it boggles my mind. There is a great chance that your favorite NFL offensive head coach or coordinator didn’t have prior experience as a play caller. In fact, the top two NFL offenses have OC that’s had a total of 3 years COMBINED of… wait for it…QB coach experience before they were given NFL offenses to run. Klint Kubiac didn’t have more experience than Dorsey when he got named OC. McVay, Shannahan, LeFleur, Art Smith… go look up their backgrounds. I’d prefer Brady or Briles, but these reductive arguments drive me nuts
so what makes Dorsey better than any other passing game coordinator in the NFL?

Advertisement
The Qbs under Dorsey have flourished. Newton MVP, Allen is a baller! My only concern will be does he want to recruit. That might be the toughest part of college coaching.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
My top 3 in order:

Briles > Herman > Dorsey

Those are my top 3 if Brady is out. And, Dorsey is distant third with others possibly taking his place.

Lmao @ people reacting to this without full consideration this looks like Brady’s agent drumming up leverage (not necessarily with Miami).
I have hard time seeing him come back to college. I think of three jobs that will be open with young QB's in the NFL. Giants, Bears and Jags should all have OC opening.

Lmao @ people reacting to this without full consideration this looks like Brady’s agent drumming up leverage (not necessarily with Miami).
Let's not forget, we are not the only high-profile college program looking for for an OC. Clemson and LSU.

Advertisement
Back