AD change

Advertisement
The program first needs to fire Blake James and show financial commitment by hiring an experienced, well-connected successful AD, or possible assistant AD. Otherwise, the HC candidates list will be the same retreads like Mario, Schiano, or past assistant coaches with no interest like Pagano or Chudzinski.

If manny fails here they’re both gone. It’ll be a two for one special

That's a win-win right there. Still have hope we can win out, but at least I know our bozo AD won't be making the next hire if not.

Advertisement
You need to have a new AD in place for a full season to avoid a rush to replace your HC. Just keep in mind, Blake is not why we had Coker, Shannon, or Golden.

We’ll that’s comforting but at minimum I was hoping we’d at least scapegoat Blake if this season isn’t 10+ wins

any names your hearing (or want to hear) for the AD job

Every season we have the same conversation.... wokeness mafia have taken over Hecht.

CG is woke ... Woke = underachieve and virtue signal on social issues

AD is just a puppet.. who are the puppet masters?
Change them and there will be a difference.... but that will not be happening in CG

Advertisement
jonstewart.gif

Listen the school doesn't care about a winning football team. The school cares about the income stream from having a nationally branded college football team. So we can scream FIRE MANNY, FIRE BLAKE all we want. And maybe it happens? But what about the past twenty years makes you think the next HC won't be another CokerShannonGoldenRichtDiaz amalgamation? The University of Miami football program is the drunk guy at the bar trying to sooth the pain of the fact that his greatest days are behind him. I am just happy I was born in 70's and witnessed it all! I would hate to be a millennial who's only way to witness it is through YouTube videos.

This is definitely better than the alternative of Flake not being fired. However, assuming Manny isn’t being canned after this season (because he won’t be unless something disastrous like a 6-6 Year 3 comes to fruition), I feel like firing James first after this season puts the pressure on Manny in Year 4 that says no one can protect you now. can point to all three major sports teams underperforming, assuming we don’t rattle off 9-10 wins or something…but still leaves basketball and baseball as glaringly underwhelming programs. Baseball and DiMare is whole other issue filled with the stench of politics, but yeah.

Advertisement
That's a win-win right there. Still have hope we can win out, but at least I know our bozo AD won't be making the next hire if not.
It depends, if Manny wins 9-10 games, extended contract is inevitable. They’ll both be here for another 3-4 years.

Every season we have the same conversation.... wokeness mafia have taken over Hecht.

CG is woke ... Woke = underachieve and virtue signal on social issues

AD is just a puppet.. who are the puppet masters?
Change them and there will be a difference.... but that will not be happening in CG
Keep your moronic politics out of it. Social issues and political views have nothing to do with the incompetence of the AD.

Advertisement
So this sounds good, but my main concern is whether they are able to coordinate that in a logical manner. They can’t axe them at the same time. If this season goes to ****, they need to can BJ by October and get his replacement in place in time to hire a coach by December. It’s really not an ideal situation logistically or time wise. I’m not even sure that the powers that be have a list of AD candidates to target, but whoever that would be needs to hit the ground running and nail the culture side quickly. This is not even accounting for Julio Frenk’s status being entirely up in the air. Based on all history, there is a 0% chance they can successfully do all of this.

Only took 8 years for the guy clearly over his head since day one to lose his job. That’s how we do it at UM baby!!

Can’t wait for the joke of a hire that comes in after him so the cycle continues for another 15 years.

You need to have a new AD in place for a full season to avoid a rush to replace your HC. Just keep in mind, Blake is not why we had Coker, Shannon, or Golden.
Manny likely isn't getting fired for 3 losses, but BJ just might to set the stage for next season.

Advertisement
Back