AD Blake James Response to the , Banner

Per ESPN: ATTENDANCE: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]43,953[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't ever recall seeing a stadium look that empty for a Canes game before, and Ive been going to games since 1977.

/only saw it on TV but it looked BAD.

[/FONT]

That's ticket sells, not actual attendance. Pre-season ticket sells were up this year because a lot of people thought this would be a better team.

Obviously that's not the case.

Advertisement
Why is everyone so rustled about the banner?

Don't remember anyone being rustled when the banner flew over for Shannon to be fired.

honestly, you are being biased and selective in your memory. There were a ton of people on various boards upset about that one as well.

you are entitled to your opinion but not your own facts.

Per ESPN: ATTENDANCE: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]43,953[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't ever recall seeing a stadium look that empty for a Canes game before, and Ive been going to games since 1977.

/only saw it on TV but it looked BAD.

[/FONT]

That's ticket sells, not actual attendance. Pre-season ticket sells were up this year because a lot of people thought this would be a better team.

Obviously that's not the case.

wasn't the 43k announced but it def wasn't the 5k that ppl r saying it looked like. it was unbearable yesterday and a ton of ppl were in the concourses sitting at the tables. those canopies will help keep ppl in their seats

Bama fired Shula for going 6-6 after 10-2 plus winning cotton bowl. If you recall, their starting QB was injured in that 6-6 season.
Auburn fired chizik year after he won title.
Other fans don't have to endure what we have to, so I'm proud our fans pick up the slack for this sht Athletic Department.

Yep. Thank god there's some real UM fans left.

Bama fired Shula for going 6-6 after 10-2 plus winning cotton bowl. If you recall, their starting QB was injured in that 6-6 season.
Auburn fired chizik year after he won title.
Other fans don't have to endure what we have to, so I'm proud our fans pick up the slack for this sht Athletic Department.

Some say we have the worst fan base, I agree with that in regard to actually understanding the game and accepting mediocrity.

Other fan bases don't have too wait for 2-3 years after the fact to know if a staff is the correct choice or not. As stated above, most know within 2 years. Our fan base yells for at least 4 years every time.

We went through this with Coker, then Shannon, and now Golden...

Advertisement
We been dealing with this shot for a decade. Get us some competent coaching and win some games and there will be more fans in the stands.

Miami Fans are the worst in America .... and not just the Canes but the Marlins and the Heat as well
--- When the fish won their first world series you could walk up and buy tickets in the first and second round
---- I was a season ticket holder for the heat and the minute they moved to the new arena, fans only showed up for the "big game" ... and usually in the 2nd quarter

The small showing has more to do with the weak loyalty of Miami fans to their teams

PS Dont want an AD to respond to a stupid banner..... he needs to can Al for what he sees on the not based on some flag over it

Advertisement
This must have been the first hot weather game at UM. That explains it. There were 30k huddled up in igloos in the concourse and only the insane 5k, who didn't know it was going to be hot at an October noon game braved the elements.

It's amazing the lengths the UM shills will go to to try to excuse away the worst actual attendance I've ever seen at a D1 game.

Every punt as it goes off into the air, you just see swaths of empty seats at Sun Life. Anyone can list attendance figures - and I see this in boxing all the time - but there's a huge difference between tickets sold( or given out) and the actual number of people that use that tickets. Just eye-balling the crowd yesterday, I can't imagine that gathering being more than 15,000( and I'm being awfully generous)

Anyway you want to rationalize it, it's embarrassing for a program of this ilk....

Every punt as it goes off into the air, you just see swaths of empty seats at Sun Life. Anyone can list attendance figures - and I see this in boxing all the time - but there's a huge difference between tickets sold( or given out) and the actual number of people that use that tickets. Just eye-balling the crowd yesterday, I can't imagine that gathering being more than 15,000( and I'm being awfully generous)

Anyway you want to rationalize it, it's embarrassing for a program of this ilk....

I actually froze the frames and counted the people in the stands. Didn't take long. I got 5,376.

I was at the game. It was hot as ****, and there were a lot of people in the concourses. But there was no where near 45,000 inside and outside. I would say the figure of 15k is about right, maybe 18k.

Advertisement
Why is everyone so rustled about the banner?

Don't remember anyone being rustled when the banner flew over for Shannon to be fired.

That's because Shannon is black,.and UM and anyone still supporting Folden is a racist

Well...actually...it's because GuRlden speaks well and is clean cut. C'mon now, no one is racist anymore. After all, we have a liberal woman running the university. Those types of people can't be racist.

Good to know that poor attendance doesn't affect recruiting. Does it? I mean that's what all the "real" fans tell us when people say they aren't going to games anymore. They'll say that poor attendance will be used to negatively recruit us. But then, we've had the greatest team in cfb history and according to those same "real" fans, our attendance back then was no different.

He's limping around cuz Shalala's got her arm up his *** elbow deep.

He's nothing more than a goofy puppet. A yes man. A world class bltch.

An errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect the bill.

How very Brando... Unfortunately the apocalypse of the now is the U's football program, and the chances of CIA sending a SpecOps "fixer" is rather remote...

Perhaps Manny could assume the role of "American Photojournalist."

Advertisement
Kirby Hocutt, Shawn Eichorst, & Blake James is possibly the worst run of AD's imaginable.

The only good thing to come out of this pathetic group is Jim Larranaga.

Only because Larranaga begged for the job. Otherwise we'd have another Perry Clark

And let's not forget the latest Morris extension just prior to tanking the post season again

I was told by a student fundraiser yesterday that the Ratt was remodeled and there are flat screens in the booths at new cafeteria?

The Ratt was fine. No buyout money is utter BS.

Give be Panda Express, Sabarros, along w Butch Davis

used to be my go to on campus.

Advertisement
Back