Active night ahead per Ivins

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, I think he'd just give the coaches a silent and they would respect it.

There are 2 schools of thought on the whole "break the internet" hype.

1. This is a SoFla "change of direction" guy who is leaning or committed to an SEC team, and thus the choice of Miami would be shocking (Jason Marshall, Tyreak Sapp, Corey Collier, Terrence Lewis, etc.).
2. A "big name" out-of-state guy who, while uncommitted or looking to flip, is still seen as being unlikely to come to Miami (Jake Garcia, Maason Smith, Tristan Leigh, etc.).

It just doesn't seem like Taylor or Davis or any of the SoFla Smiths would "break the internet" since it seems like they are Miami-bound.

Purely guessing, though.
Who said break the internet hype? He said look out for a busy night and when we got the 2022 commit he said there would be another.

Advertisement
Just to add to what Cribby said.

Even if we did pull ahead they would make sure not to leak it at all. Saban puts a lot of value in Corners. He’s got no problem making him an offer they would have a really, really hard time refusing.

The DE/LB from Georgia two cycles ago (can't recall the name) that Jess Simpson was on is what's got me concerned. If y'all recall there was serious smoke about him choosing UM over Bama, Saban makes a call to his bag man and two days later he committed to Bama and shut things down

Hoping we don't see this play out again with Marshall

Advertisement
The DE/LB from Georgia two cycles ago (can't recall the name) that Jess Simpson was on is what's got me concerned. If y'all recall there was serious smoke about him choosing UM over Bama, Saban makes a call to his bag man and two days later he committed to Bama and shut things down

Hoping we don't see this play out again with Marshall
Yea, his name is Kevin Harris. Pretty talented kid.

On the break the internet tweet- imagine a video with Taylor, Brashard and Marshall committing all at once, and Collins in the Video with them shutting it down. That my friends, would break the internet .
Collins says he isn't talking to the staff, so no.

On the break the internet tweet- imagine a video with Taylor, Brashard and Marshall committing all at once, and Collins in the Video with them shutting it down. That my friends, would break the internet .
I think the guy who made the “break the internet” comment was just speaking figuratively. I don’t think he actually knew anything that was break the internet worthy, just saying “there’s potential for it” that’s how I read it anyway.

Advertisement

Even if we did pull ahead they would make sure not to leak it at all. Saban puts a lot of value in Corners. He’s got no problem making him an offer they would have a really, really hard time refusing.

What?! Are you implying that Saban offers players more than his sparkling personality?

You aren't the anonymous coach that said this, are you?

"If you had the No. 1 recruiting class in the country every year [you'd win like Nick Saban]," an anonymous coach told Chip Patterson of CBSSports.com. "He shows up at every single game with a better roster than the teams he's playing." If you count cheating and getting the best players in the country as part of running a program, he's the best in the country," the coach added. "It's like saying an NFL coach is the best coach in the league if he gets 25 first-round picks every year."

Smith & Taylor to Miami 💯

I think you are partly right. Since JW made his surprise announcement and Taylor to Miami looks solid, doesn't make sense for Taylor to wait. He would probably want to give Marshall (or other top player) another reason to look at Miami. Still though, I don't think that "breaks 247."

I think what would rise to that level is Smith, Taylor, Lewis, Sapp, and Davis all committing at once. Maybe throw in a surprise QB as the cherry on top. IMO, if all those dudes pop for Miami the only possible thing that could get this 2021 class from an A++ to an A+++ is a 5 star OT.

I think the guy who made the “break the internet” comment was just speaking figuratively. I don’t think he actually knew anything that was break the internet worthy, just saying “there’s potential for it” that’s how I read it anyway.

OK, that may be true. I have no idea if it was someone(s) close to Ivins who also "knew".

Advertisement
James Williams commitment already broke the internet. We got fans from UGA, UF, and FSU in an uproar with that one. **** I watched a video that some inbreed UGA fan made talking about he dropped to his knees and puked when he heard the news. I often find myself thinking that I take this recruiting stuff too seriously. But then I see **** like that and realize I'm doing just fine.

yes. Remember Fred Davis last cycle.....

Advertisement
Well with Taylor it still would have been secret but he himself isn’t hiding it.. he doesn’t really care. He wants it to be over on his own timeline. People know how much he likes Miami cause he isn’t quiet about it
@SouthParkCane capatain obvious. Typical troll trying to act like an inside

@RVACane come on how much longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back