According to sources: Mario Cristobal will be the next Head Coach at Miami

Advertisement
Reading the tea leaves here, heres a more detailed timeline of what I think happened:

1. Mario does not sign extension with Oregon, offer gets pulled.
2. Mario agrees in principle with Miami.
3. Knight hears about it and throws a Hail Mary.
4. Miami hears about it and possible concern arises.
5. Miami finds out details of the offer and calm their **** down.

I will grab some lunch now. Yall should drink a coffee or two.
That's plausible.

I will grab some lunch too, but I have a feeling I need alcohol to go through this day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
That's the risk when the leaders of our program put all of their eggs in one basket. If they think keeping a lame duck Diaz with some 5th rate staff is a sound backup plan they're even more delusional than us fans. If Mario spurns them last minute and Diaz stays it'll set this program back another 5 years at minimum.
How do you figure ? They either win this year or fire manny and conduct a proper search. That’s a one year set back.

Advertisement
That's the risk when the leaders of our program put all of their eggs in one basket. If they think keeping a lame duck Diaz with some 5th rate staff is a sound backup plan they're even more delusional than us fans. If Mario spurns them last minute and Diaz stays it'll set this program back another 5 years at minimum.
We can't forget that Frenk has been a part of the horrible leadership that the program has suffered under. He has no idea how to conduct this thing properly, and it's the reason our AD search and one coach "coaching search" have appeared to be a circus.

Advertisement
Back