According to Hank Goldberg

Advertisement
I wouldn't be surprised if golden got dorito more money when he renegotiated that contract.

If this is true, why would golden listen to a legend in JJ. After all golden is the smartest guy in the room.

I always wondered if Golden had it in his contract that he had final say on his own staff.

Probably nothing official, but you let the HC make his staff decisions. Let the HC choose his staff and you grade him, not his assistants.

Wouldn't look good to potential HCs if our AD is meddling in his coaching personnel decisions.

I wouldn't be surprised if golden got dorito more money when he renegotiated that contract.

If this is true, why would golden listen to a legend in JJ. After all golden is the smartest guy in the room.

Dorito probably got a pay increase after Cristobal left for Bama and Dorito got the additional title of Assistant Head Coach.

Advertisement

Dorito probably got a pay increase after Cristobal left for Bama and Dorito got the additional title of Assistant Head Coach.

i wouldnt be shocked Cristobal ended up the next HC

I always wondered if Golden had it in his contract that he had final say on his own staff.

Probably nothing official, but you let the HC make his staff decisions. Let the HC choose his staff and you grade him, not his assistants.

Wouldn't look good to potential HCs if our AD is meddling in his coaching personnel decisions.

Potential HCs are bound to see how poor the defense has been managed. It's pretty clear to almost everyone in the room (and to potential HCs) that the situation ought to have been corrected by golden by now. It sure doesn't look like it has. We know the coaching staff does not adjust well.

There ought not to be a need for the AD to get involved in staffing decisions. A good potential HC would know this.

Here's where you need a lawyer. Assume Golden's contract says he gets to pick his coordinators. Does it also provide for how much the coordinators chosen by golden get paid? If not, as the AD I'd tell golden you can keep D'Nofrio but he'll be making 25k next year. You want to quit? That's your call, but the crappy defense gets changed now.

Advertisement

If we had a shot at him I'd be willing to pay him $2 an hour over minimum wage.

It was on the radio today 560 I'm sure yu can get the replay on their site. He did say JJ he said a very well respected former UM head coach, so I put two and two together.

It was on the radio today 560 I'm sure yu can get the replay on their site. He did say JJ he said a very well respected former UM head coach, so I put two and two together.

So, it could have been Schnellenberger, JJ, Butch, Dennis, or Fat Hank could have made it up. I think I'll just keep my eyes open, ears sharp for word on the street, and read between the lines.

Advertisement

Best we can probably hope for: has head coach experience, good recruiter, would probably keep coley and make him run the Saban playbook.

Questioning your ability to put two and two together....

Best we can probably hope for: has head coach experience, good recruiter, would probably keep coley and make him run the Saban playbook.

27-47. That was his record at FIU. You've gotta be kidding. Last thing we need is another project.

Advertisement

So, it could have been Schnellenberger, JJ, Butch, Dennis, or Fat Hank could have made it up. I think I'll just keep my eyes open, ears sharp for word on the street, and read between the lines.

Nah, I say it would be narrowed down to JJ or Schnellenberger. I highly doubt people see Butch or Dennis has highly respected former coaches. With that said, OP should have said that in his initial post.

Had a friend who is an Illinois fan and they suffered through the Ron Zook Years. Struck gold once by upsetting the Buckeyes which sent them to be slaughtered by USC in the Rose Bowl. After it was just average results and and again. The SD even made Zook hire a new OC and DC with orders not to intefere. They put up meh results and managed to beat Baylor and RGIII in a bowl game. But after losing six straight after winning six straight and getting to another piddly bowl, he was canned before the bowl game. The Illini fans were happy just to get rid of Zook so they didn't complain much. After seeing the new coach, they want Zook back. LOL This could be the path we Canes fans will be made to endure. If that happens, the Canes fans will have a decidedly different response me thinks.

While this may be true, at some point you need to move forward. We can stay with same ****** results that we know are going to happen for 6 more years or roll the dice and take a chance on someone new. Maybe we still suck under the new guy for the next 4 years (which was going to happen anyways with Golden) or maybe we find a stud coach or at the very least, someone semi respectable. I'll take my chances on new coaches.

I wouldnt be either

Advertisement
Back