According to Hank Goldberg

Saltycane

Sophomore
Premium
JJ wrote Golden after last season and told him he needs to fire his defensive coordinator, but Golden obviously but it was due to not having the money to get a top notch coordinator.

The school needs to pay up if they want to be competitive.

Advertisement
JJ wrote Golden after last season and told him he needs to fire his defensive coordinator, but Golden obviously but it was due to not having the money to get a top notch coordinator.

Is there a link to be had on this piece of info?

Advertisement
Assistant contracts are #renewed annually. Dorito gets paid plenty. This falls straight on Golden's shoulders if true.

Advertisement
The problem isn't the DC, it's Golden. It's Golden's defensive philosophy. D'Onofrio is out of Butch's coaching tree by virtue of having coached under Schiano.

Right or wrong. Golden was not firing D'Onofrio without giving him 1 year with better talent/depth than the last 3 **** years.

Was.Not.Happening.

Likely cost Golden his job.

Advertisement
It aint the money

No, it isn't if what was rumored to be his salary....750k. Should that be true, that's possibly the craziest thing about this program right now.

Grantham at Louisville would be the highest paid in the ACC. As of '12, Clemson had the highest paid DC and that was followed by Bud Foster at 550k. You read that right, 200k less than Golden's guy. Insanity and it'd probably put him in the top 10 nationality for highest paid DC's.

Again, if true, the word that we can't pay for quality assistants is bull****. We just aren't hiring the right people anywhere.

Had a friend who is an Illinois fan and they suffered through the Ron Zook Years. Struck gold once by upsetting the Buckeyes which sent them to be slaughtered by USC in the Rose Bowl. After it was just average results and and again. The SD even made Zook hire a new OC and DC with orders not to intefere. They put up meh results and managed to beat Baylor and RGIII in a bowl game. But after losing six straight after winning six straight and getting to another piddly bowl, he was canned before the bowl game. The Illini fans were happy just to get rid of Zook so they didn't complain much. After seeing the new coach, they want Zook back. LOL This could be the path we Canes fans will be made to endure. If that happens, the Canes fans will have a decidedly different response me thinks.

Advertisement
Donofrio does not me 750K

No way...I believe 400k

Remember it took 500k to lure Coley away from FSU

That entire story sounds like B.S., and it wouldn't surprise me considering the source (Goldberg, not the OP).

There are good coaches that can be had for decent salary.

Advertisement
Back