ACCCG Not Headed Back to Charlotte

Advertisement
What exactly are "civil rights" and how do they differ from "constitutional rights"?

tia

These people are arguing the government literally can't treat people differently. It's insane. So if the government creates an engineering position, and wants to hire someone for it, by their logic it can't discriminate between college graduates and high school graduates. Engineer majors and non-engineer majors. Because that would involves discrimination, and therefore, violate some right you have to not be discriminated against. Or something.

I'm just going to leave this here to be reconciled

This Marine served USA proudly.
hqdefault (1).jpg

Wish I could see the reactions when this person has to use the ladies room in North Carolina.
2[1].jpg

What exactly are "civil rights" and how do they differ from "constitutional rights"?

tia

These people are arguing the government literally can't treat people differently. It's insane. So if the government creates an engineering position, and wants to hire someone for it, by their logic it can't discriminate between college graduates and high school graduates. Engineer majors and non-engineer majors. Because that would involves discrimination, and therefore, violate some right you have to not be discriminated against. Or something.

This is incredibly stupid.

The common sense conservative solution here guys is that children should be able to get concealed weapons permits to protect themselves in bathroom against people who aren't even interested them. Frankly i think they should also be able carry in ball pits, fischer price pedal cars, sandboxes and nurseries. Were all safer if we give our children their rights to protect themselves. The more guns the better i say.

Advertisement
Holy ****!! This threads still going?!?!?!?! The last 7 pages hasn't had a **** thing to do with the original post!! This has turned into a (has been) a political forum!.... With ZERO winners!! Sure...there's been some valid issues thrown out..been a few solid posts...even a few tacticly spoken thoughts from outside the box..and last but certainly not least..some absolute idiots!! I'm not here to discuss the ins and outs of this topic....or the innies, and outies, to be more politically correct,.. Just reminding us folks this is a sports forum!! OK...I'm over it now..you can continue on with how moving this game, which will have our canes playing the ACCCG, to possibly orlando, will be the **** ( had to throw that in there) for us cane fans!!!!!

All for anything that keeps the All Carolina Conference less so, but look at the stupidity:

- Yes, without bathroom attendants exercising full body searches, HB2 is not really enforceable...But it's just an unenforceable as schools that put up "Gun Free Zone" signs with no guards or supporting search equipment in place.

- The issue is the smugness or even arrogance these outside of North Carolina organizations act to try and effect change. As the election proved, it's fifty individual states (a state in the classic sense of the word, a sovereign territory; that's why our STATE Department deals with foreign countries) which elect a President, not a system of majority popular vote. I dare say North Carolina may be making money with people who detest this high handedness and make it a point to vacation there...Remember how well the whole Chick-fil-A boycott went? It's also hypocritical to not take your money out of the Bank of America, HQ'd in Charlotte, because the bank made "satisfactory" anti-HB2 statements, yet North Carolina host universities (who have made the similar statements) are punished.

Selective outrage by Emmert and Swofford just shows how much more of a wet noodle they are (and more than Dorsey's arm ever was)...

tia

I agree. That was the point of my post. The logic that is being used by the people arguing this is "discrimination" is incredibly stupid.

Advertisement

tia

I agree. That was the point of my post. The logic that is being used by the people arguing this is "discrimination" is incredibly stupid.

It is legislation inviting companies or whoever to discrimate against individuals based on their sexual preferences. This is easy to understand. And for most of this thread youve been saying its only about bathrooms.

Either way what is the problem with the NCAA or ACC not wishing students/athletes or students attending the games to be discriminated against. And it is discrimination. The state government has prejudice against people because of their sexual preference.

It is legislation inviting companies or whoever to discrimate against individuals based on their sexual preferences. This is easy to understand. And for most of this thread youve been saying its only about bathrooms.

Either way what is the problem with the NCAA or ACC not wishing students/athletes or students attending the games to be discriminated against. And it is discrimination. The state government has prejudice against people because of their sexual preference.

You are extremely confused about what a "transgender" individual is. Which isn't surprising based on your posts in this thread. But it's still kinda surprising that a person doesn't know the difference between sexual identity and sexual preference. And then claims this is "easy to understand," when you literally, not figuratively, but literally, don't understand what a transgender person is.

You are extremely confused about what a "transgender" individual is. Which isn't surprising based on your posts in this thread. But it's still kinda surprising that a person doesn't know the difference between sexual identity and sexual preference. And then claims this is "easy to understand," when you literally, not figuratively, but literally, don't understand what a transgender person is.

Lol. Youre too much dude. Guess youre back to spewing bs about the hb2 is solely against transgender people. It is a plain fact this laws main purpose is to make it harder for the ENTIRE lgbt community to get any anti-discrimination laws. Im done responding to you. Go google hb2 or some ****, you will find out this is as much or more about the work force and preventing discrimination lawsuits than the bathroom aspect. Thats the public "face" of the law that they use to gain support from hateful people.

A waste of text is this thread. Lets offend 95 percent of America so the 0.001 percent of the population that are trans isnt offended. Brilliant. You have college students absolutely abandoning all reality by saying your *** is what you "identify" as. Next you will have a guy arrested because he was sniffing women's crotches and no charges were pressed because he identified as a Golden Retriever.

Advertisement

View attachment 43750

Wish I could see the reactions when this person has to use the ladies room in North Carolina.
View attachment 43749

Except of course North Carolina law explicitly allows "him" to use the males restroom. If you have transitioned, you can use the restroom that corresponds to the bathroom you transitioned to.

Lol. Youre too much dude. Guess youre back to spewing bs about the hb2 is solely against transgender people. It is a plain fact this laws main purpose is to make it harder for the ENTIRE lgbt community to get any anti-discrimination laws. Im done responding to you. Go google hb2 or some ****, you will find out this is as much or more about the work force and preventing discrimination lawsuits than the bathroom aspect. Thats the public "face" of the law that they use to gain support from hateful people.

No, darlin'. I said the part the NCAA is worried about, which is the SAFETY of those in attendance of their games, is purely about transgender people. The idea that by making a transgender person use the bathroom they transitioned away from, they will now face physical violence. That's clearly what the NCAA statement above is in reference to.
"Sexual preference" is not a protected class in North Carolina. HB2 has NOTHING to do with it. It wasn't a protected class before HB2, and so wouldn't be a protected class without HB2. The NCAA isn't up in arms about employers being allowed to discriminate against **** at NCAA events, because that was the law of North Carolina BEFORE HB2. You can discriminate against **** in private employment, it's illegal to do it in public employment. That was the state of the law before HB2, and the state of the law after HB2. The NCAA started protesting after HB2. So what could they possibly be protesting about the passing of HB2???? Hmmmmm...

Advertisement
I gotta simpleminded solution....as I'm identifying my personal preferences as LBGT..(lets be getting together)...and I'm not sure what HBDA is...although it sounds like a nice acronym for "how bout dat ***?"....I'm down with HB (hot babes)..and HB2..(that's the sequel to hot babes 1)!!

Forgive me Father for I have created a thread that was destined to derail. My geographic selfishness overcame my greater post creating sensibilities. I have sinned.

That said, let's just rotate the location of this game throughout Florida and keep the hoops tourney in the northeast. Then like every 4th year flip them and play the hoops tourney in Florida and the football tilt in DC or New York or Boston etc. Stay out of Atlanta as there's no need to compete in SEC land and maybe start tossing Charlotte a bone again every once in a while once things become politically palatable- which, right or wrong, will eventually happen.

View attachment 43750

View attachment 43749

Except of course North Carolina law explicitly allows "him" to use the males restroom. If you have transitioned, you can use the restroom that corresponds to the bathroom you transitioned to.

As a resident of NC you are completly wrong. FFS look up the law, they must go to the bathroom that is on their birth certificate.

Transgender people who have not taken surgical and legal steps to change the gender noted on their birth certificates have no legal right under state law to use public restrooms of the gender with which they identify

The bathroom part is what gets the news because of Paypal, NCAA, and others but there is much more to it.

Advertisement
Back