Redshirt Freshman
Pool A: #1 Wake Forest, #8 Notre Dame, #12 Pitt
Pool B: #2 Virginia, #7 North Carolina, #11 Georgia Tech
Pool C: #3 Clemson, #6 Boston College, #10 Virginia Tech
Pool D: #4 Miami, #5 Duke, #9 NC State

Did not qualify: #13 Louisville, #14 Florida State

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pure speculation on my part: NC State and UNC get 3 and 7pm on Tuesday, we open with NC State Wednesday at 7pm, and UNC-Virginia is either Thursday or Friday at 7pm depending on the day off preferences of the top seeds. They tend to fill in the schedule from there.

Advertisement
I think a national seed is within reach. I’ve got it like this right now.
  1. Wake
  2. UF
  3. Stanford
  4. LSU
  5. Arkansas
  6. Clemson
  7. Virginia
  8. Coastal
  9. Vandy
  10. Miami
  11. West Virginia
  12. Oregon St
  13. Kentucky
  14. UConn
  15. South Carolina
  16. East Carolina
8-14 is pretty **** tight. Giving Coastal the edge over Vandy even though the Commodores just took the series from the Razorbacks. Vandy has been hot and cold at times and got swept by UF the week prior. Miami right there with those two, with WVU (getting swept knocks them out of a national seed for now imo), Oregon St, Kentucky (lost series vs. UF) and UConn.

Winning the ACC tourney would definitely get us a national seed. SEC tourney (I’ll be in attendance) is going to be murderer’s row for just about anyone, and teams like Vandy, Tennessee, SCar and Kentucky could play there way in or out of certain positions. Super volatile.

I think we’re in a pretty decent spot right now. Definitely have to win our pool to keep that outside shot at a national seed going. I think we pretty much clinch a regional host with a win, if we haven’t done so already.

Other teams hanging around host consideration include Texas, Dallas Baptist, Ok St, Campbell, Indiana St, Tennessee, and BC.

Last edited:
Pure speculation on my part: NC State and UNC get 3 and 7pm on Tuesday, we open with NC State Wednesday at 7pm, and UNC-Virginia is either Thursday or Friday at 7pm depending on the day off preferences of the top seeds. They tend to fill in the schedule from there.
Real challenge for the league is gonna be choosing which late games our pool gets. They could very well have to choose between UVA/UNC and Duke/Miami both playing for semi final spots. If everything is fair, whoever gets the late Tuesday game, gets the 3pm Wednesday/Thursday game. Or maybe off days work out and every big game gets the late slot.

Attendance history leads me to believe UVA/UNC gets the 7pm spot Thursday. That’ll be the most attended game all weekend, barring a miracle UNC/State final. I think we get Duke Wednesday at 7 and State Thursday at 3.

Last edited:
I think a national seed is within reach. I’ve got it like this right now.
  1. Wake
  2. UF
  3. Stanford
  4. LSU
  5. Arkansas
  6. Clemson
  7. Virginia
  8. Coastal
  9. Vandy
  10. Miami
  11. West Virginia
  12. Oregon St
  13. Kentucky
  14. UConn
  15. South Carolina
  16. East Carolina
8-14 is pretty **** tight. Giving Coastal the edge over Vandy even though the Commodores just took the series from the Razorbacks. Vandy has been hot and cold at times and got swept by UF the week prior. Miami right there with those two, with WVU (getting swept knocks them out of a national seed for now imo), Oregon St, Kentucky (lost series vs. UF) and UConn.

Winning the ACC tourney would definitely get us a national seed. SEC tourney (I’ll be in attendance) is going to be murderer’s row for just about anyone, and teams like Vandy, Tennessee, SCar and Kentucky could play there way in or out of certain positions. Super volatile.

I think we’re in a pretty decent spot right now. Definitely have to win our pool to keep that outside shot at a national seed going. I think we pretty much clinch a regional host with a win, if we haven’t done so already.

Other teams hanging around host consideration include Texas, Dallas Baptist, Ok St, Campbell, Indiana St, Tennessee, and BC.
Those top 7 are all locks, and our metrics just don’t hold up to take #8, likely even IF we were to win the tourney.

That ship has sailed unfortunately.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think it’s fine for us but yeah, Duke plays Tuesday and then Friday? What?
From a rest perspective it’s great for Miami, but for fans it’s a joke. Having the perceived 3 biggest games at 11, 3 and 3 is so stupid. The only top seeded game that gets prime time is Wake/ND? And it’s the Friday spot!! The game fans would flock to, but instead it’s those two lmao. What a waste. And then you have the 3 and 7 games on Friday, playing the early game on Saturday?

I can unequivocally say UVA fans travel better than anybody to Durham outside of State and UNC. Not having UNC/UVA at 7, is criminal. Such a disservice to fans. This conference makes being a fan so hard, for no reason.

The league needs a State win over Duke, a VT win over BC and offer everyone an explanation or this is a fireable offense.

Advertisement
Back