ACC Tournament

If Texas, SO MS and Maryland all lose, do you think they put three ACC teams in the top 8?
OK State would be just as good an option from the Big 12. Our only road feels like ND losing this afternoon while we still have some aggregate conference record advantage, and hoping a couple results fall for us to slide up a few spots in the RPI. It’s not inconceivable we could end up 17th with the wrong order of events today.

Advertisement
Unpopular opinion but I’m pulling for ND today and UF this weekend. If Carolina wins today they’ll likely get a host spot. If they lose and UF wins out, that should open up another one and UF should get it. Don’t care about top 8. I care more about keeping UF out of our regional. If you can make it to Omaha as an 8, you can make it there as a 9 or 10. I’m worried about making it out of the regional.

Unpopular opinion but I’m pulling for ND today and UF this weekend. If Carolina wins today they’ll likely get a host spot. If they lose and UF wins out, that should open up another one and UF should get it. Don’t care about top 8. I care more about keeping UF out of our regional. If you can make it to Omaha as an 8, you can make it there as a 9 or 10. I’m worried about making it out of the regional.
At this point, we should all be in favor of any black magic outcomes that make our regional easier. Making it to a Super, home or away, is so far from reality that it’s a bonus. Even if we have to travel.

That being said I cannot in good conscience root for either of those teams. I salute you.

Making it to a super is a successful season In my eyes. I know that’s sad to say as a canes baseball fan but it’s reality. I dislike Gino as much as anyone and don’t think he’s man for job but making it to super is step in right direction going into next year. Next year becomes a massive year for Gino if we do make it out of regional. If we don’t get out of regional all bets are off and Gino’s *** should be on fire

I agree get UF out of our regional please

At this point, we should all be in favor of any black magic outcomes that make our regional easier. Making it to a Super, home or away, is so far from reality that it’s a bonus. Even if we have to travel.

That being said I cannot in good conscience root for either of those teams. I salute you.
I could root for Iraq against Carolina so this game isn’t tough. I will not watch any UF games, so I can say I’ll just check after and hope they won

Advertisement
UNC leads 1-0 but has wasted a lot of base runners through their first two trips to the plate

Is this format too favorable to the lower seeds with the first game under their belts? In the five years of this format, the top seed is just 7 for 20 advancing to the semifinals.

Is this format too favorable to the lower seeds with the first game under their belts? In the five years of this format, the top seed is just 7 for 20 advancing to the semifinals.
I asked Gino and he said yes for sure totes unfair

Advertisement
It’s always been a stupid format for a tournament. The 2 low seeds play, don’t throw their 1’s because they play on Tuesday and the winner just has to win 1 game against the top seed with their #1 starter and they are the home team.

That doesn’t excuse the atrocities we saw this week, but it’s a terrible tournament setup.

Advertisement
yanno I had his number ll year just didn’t think to give him a call until 16-3
giphy.gif

So many stranded base runners. The only run scoring has been on a home run and botched inning ending DP.

Advertisement
Great point. I think the timing of the games matter. The teams that win game 1 and play the next day have the biggest advantage. However, having the tiebreaker is huge. It's just strange it hasn't worked out for top seeds. Perhaps it's because the lower seeds are more desperate needing wins to make the postseason.

Great point. I think the timing of the games matter. The teams that win game 1 and play the next day have the biggest advantage. However, having the tiebreaker is huge. It's just strange it hasn't worked out for top seeds. Perhaps it's because the lower seeds are more desperate needing wins to make the postseason.
If I were devising a format with no care for tickets and television, the lower seeds would play single elimination and then the winner would have to beat the higher seed twice. There are probably three or four reasons this will never happen.

Last edited:
Temple is done with two on and no out in the 5th. Let’s see how these runners get stranded.

Advertisement
Back