ACC Tournament

RPI is the only way they would be better, which is not nothing. Our SOS is more than twice as good as theirs, we beat them head to head 2-1 LAST WEEK, and finished higher in the league. We actually had the most wins in the league, but finished third because of absurdity with VT and the stupid divisions.

It would take an extraordinary ***** job for ND to vault Miami AND the school they finished below in their division over a tournament.

Bottom line is that losing today makes it too close for comfort for us. Whenever you leave stuff in the hands of people with opinions, there's always a chance it doesn't go your way. Win and seal it up.

Advertisement
Which would leave us at 7, and the lowest.

We are not dropping out
You didn’t fully read what I said previously. I said if USM, Texas, and ND all win their tourneys we are left out. Also A&M winning enough this weekend to hold onto their spot. If any of them do not, we are in. He is saying ND slides to 8 if USM loses. That backs up my point about ND winning and getting in.

I do believe that. But as far as “jumping” Miami, that would depend on USM and Texas winning their tourneys. If they both fail to win this weekend, ND winning would slide them in the 7-8 slot and the ACC will get us, VT and ND as top 8. Of all three win, we’ll finish 9th IMO.
Agree. I’d peg the chances of all this happening at low single digits at the moment, but not zero, so please win.

You didn’t fully read what I said previously. I said if USM, Texas, and ND all win their tourneys we are left out. Also A&M winning enough this weekend to hold onto their spot. If any of them do not, we are in. He is saying ND slides to 8 if USM loses. That backs up my point about ND winning and getting in.
I did read it, and I still doubt it.

Honestly I would watch at how our game is managed today. Those coaches know what is up.

We'll be top 8. ND isn't getting a higher seed than us simply based on conference tournament play. The entirety of the season actually means something,

I did read it, and I still doubt it.

Honestly I would watch at how our game is managed today. Those coaches know what is up.

We'll be top 8. ND isn't getting a higher seed than us simply based on conference tournament play. The entirety of the season actually means something,
I would refer back to 2019 and the UNC/Miami fighting for a host spot and us losing out bc they won the tourney. The only difference is they beat us 2 of 3 during the season, but we finished ahead of them in conference standings. Winning your conference tourney matters when it comes to getting a higher seed.

Advertisement
I would refer back to 2019 and the UNC/Miami fighting for a host spot and us losing out bc they won the tourney. The only difference is they beat us 2 of 3 during the season, but we finished ahead of them in conference standings. Winning your conference tourney matters when it comes to getting a higher seed.
Same 2019 season, look at Louisville...they were literally in the same position as we are right now. How did their ACC tourney go?

Same 2019 season, look at Louisville...they were literally in the same position as we are right now. How did their ACC tourney go?
You can find examples of it going both ways. I mentioned Miami/UNC bc I’m showing tournament matters when it comes down to two teams. In this scenario Miami/ND

I think this ends with 2 ACC, 2 SEC, 2 PAC 12, 1 Big 12, 1 Big 10 unless Oklahoma or Texas Tech wins the Big 12 Tournament.

Tomorrow’s first ACC semifinal feels critical. ND loses it and we should hang on, if they win it, but lose the final we’re in a lot of trouble but may squeak in on the combo of conference record and head to head, and if they win the tournament I think we’re probably done.

Advertisement
The kicker is going to be how bad this loss looked. Lose a close game by a run or two? It happens. We got drilled today. Wake put up 2 TDs. That’s gonna linger in the minds of a lot of people.

I think this ends with 2 ACC, 2 SEC, 2 PAC 12, 1 Big 12, 1 Big 10 unless Oklahoma or Texas Tech wins the Big 12 Tournament.

Tomorrow’s first ACC semifinal feels critical. ND loses it and we should hang on, if they win it, but lose the final we’re in a lot of trouble but may squeak in on the combo of conference record and head to head, and if they win the tournament I think we’re probably done.

Agree with all this, ND is the big threat that I can see too.

Let’s hope VT stays hot, wins tonight and then takes out ND too.

I think that will keep us safe.

Agree with all this, ND is the big threat that I can see too.

Let’s hope VT stays hot, wins tonight and then takes out ND too.

I think that will keep us safe.
Shame Hackenberg decided to pick up where our pitchers left off

Advertisement
I’m a homer as much as anyone but plain and simply, we do not deserve a super spot. Love the Canes but after watching a pretty solid sample size of teams, 0% chance we should have it. If the shoe were on the other foot and uF was tanking at the end and hosting we would all scream bloody murder.

So, you don't think So MS gets the 8th spot if they win their tourney? I know their tournament is at their park, but their RPI would be comparable to Texas or OK ST.

Advertisement
Oklahoma State currently up 6-0 on Texas. T3

Bama tied up UF in the 1st

Last edited:
So, you don't think So MS gets the 8th spot if they win their tourney? I know their tournament is at their park, but their RPI would be comparable to Texas or OK ST.
I suspect the Power 4 school gets the benefit of the doubt there

Advertisement
Back