ACC Tournament

Advertisement
Don’t think so
Pretty sure I’ve seen GT in the 7-10 range. They finished a game better than us in the regular season - but if we beat them on Sunday we’re 3-1 head to head.

Hard to believe a 40 win acc champ that’s won something like 18 out of the last 20 isn’t one of the 8 best teams in the country.

Just my orange-green tinted .02

Wake blew a three run lead in the 9th. NC State is through to the semifinals.

Bad news from the Big 12 with West Virginia into the semifinals and their RPI up to 11th.

Advertisement
Pretty sure I’ve seen GT in the 7-10 range. They finished a game better than us in the regular season - but if we beat them on Sunday we’re 3-1 head to head.

Hard to believe a 40 win acc champ that’s won something like 18 out of the last 20 isn’t one of the 8 best teams in the country.

Just my orange-green tinted .02
I don’t think we have the RPI left points to get much higher than 10 even if we win the title. GT is 17-10 vs the RPI top 50 while we’re just 13-13. We’d add two more at best by winning the tournament. I hope you’re right but I don’t see it.

Bad news from the Big 12 with West Virginia into the semifinals and their RPI up to 11th.

Looking like tomorrow is for a host spot. If we lose it doesn’t look good. With WVU and LSU having a chance to beat some highly ranked teams the ACC might get left with 3 spots, 4 at the very most

Advertisement
If we won the ACC tourney do we have any shot at hosting a Super?

I'd say no, and you can thank FSU for that. Last year they got hot late, won the ACC tournament, and the selection committee overreacted and made them the #7 national seed, when they didn't deserve it. They wound up not even winning a game in their regional, eliminated with an 0-2 record.

I don't think the selection committee will soon forget that, precluding us or NC State from getting a Top 8 seed even if either of us win the conference tournament.

I'd say no, and you can thank FSU for that. Last year they got hot late, won the ACC tournament, and the selection committee overreacted and made them the #7 national seed, when they didn't deserve it. They wound up not even winning a game in their regional, eliminated with an 0-2 record.

I don't think the selection committee will soon forget that, precluding us or NC State from getting a Top 8 seed even if either of us win the conference tournament.

In fairness, FSU was projected as the #9 seed going in, so it's not as though they jumped half a dozen teams. They were in the national seed discussion even before the ACCT.

I don’t think we have the RPI left points to get much higher than 10 even if we win the title. GT is 17-10 vs the RPI top 50 while we’re just 13-13. We’d add two more at best by winning the tournament. I hope you’re right but I don’t see it.

but those couple extra games could be enough. but first things first. we need to take care of business with UNC today.

the bigger question:

does FSU get shut out of the regional??

Advertisement
This is a surprise:
Miami will start right-hander Evan McKendry against UNC right-hander Austin Bergner.

I wonder if McMahon is first out of the pen in an all out attempt to win this game? I have to believe Evan is on a pitch count limit again.

In fairness, FSU was projected as the #9 seed going in, so it's not as though they jumped half a dozen teams. They were in the national seed discussion even before the ACCT.

they key is, if we host a regional, are we a high enough seed where we could sneak in as a host if a couple teams ahead of us stumble?

This was disappointing in so many ways.
1. A Wake Forest win would've given them a better chance to push out FSU for a tourney bid
2. An NC State loss would've weakened their chances of hosting
3. An NC State loss would've made them more motivated to beat FSU tonight

Advertisement
I wonder if McMahon is first out of the pen in an all out attempt to win this game? I have to believe Evan is on a pitch count limit again.

I say no. I think Gino wants McMahon tomorrow...again lining up the rotation for next weekend.

Probably Keysor. We’ll have to hope Evan is as efficient as Chris was last Saturday.

We need to beat UNC and Boston College and hope that Florida dosen't end up in our regional if they get in.

Why? Florida isn't good and their pitching has fallen apart. Them and Auburn are who we should want.

Seriously getting the worst pitching staff in the sec would be a gift

Advertisement
Back