ACC Tournament

Advertisement
Absolutely nothing wrong with going balls out, albeit remaining smart, in an effort to win the conference title. That makes your season a championship success even if you don't win the whole **** thing because only one team wins the Natty.

I'm not saying don't play for a Natty, I'm saying rest could be just a bit overvalued at this point. Win at all cost.

Hard to win the ACC tourney "regularly". Once in a while would be nice. Hosting regionals and being a National seed is what matters.

Hate to say it, but I could care less if we are hosting and back to playing ball like we are capable.

Nice for the trophy case I guess.

UM

Advertisement
Hard to win the ACC tourney "regularly". Once in a while would be nice. Hosting regionals and being a National seed is what matters.

Agree. The tournament matters for us this year obviously, but if we have a team like we did in 2015/16 then it's basically irrelevant. When you're a national seed type team all that matters is staying healthy setting your rotation up.

Louisville went 0-2, and has never won the ACCT. I doubt they care.

Winning the ACC regular season, hosting regionals/supers, making Omaha, and winning #5 are the goals IMO

Much better chance to make it to Omaha when you host Regionals than Super Regionals.

Didn't know that....I would still rather host both I think. Maybe you meant then versus than? I was only referring to an ACC tourney title.

UM

Agree. The tournament matters for us this year obviously, but if we have a team like we did in 2015/16 then it's basically irrelevant. When you're a national seed type team all that matters is staying healthy setting your rotation up.

Winning the ACC regular season, hosting regionals/supers, making Omaha, and winning #5 are the goals IMO

What's your point about the 15/16 teams? I don't understand.

Advertisement

Winning the tourney matters for the players. Louisville does not win it all they have squat. You win a conference title or a big tournament it stays with the players forever. It means something. I sort of speak from experience on this one.

Wake up 3-0 on NC State. A win would likely get wake inside the last couple in bubble. Also would likely get them ahead of FSU in the pecking order
Amazing how college kids just throw the ball around the yard. It is sloppy but I like it. The pro game, they just don’t make those mistakes. Hence, the “pro” game. College kids swing out of their shoes, Fire the ball around trying to get hay for the donkey.

Florida State won it in 2015, 2016 and 2018. I would say winning it every two to three years is a reasonable goal for the program.

Advertisement
Winning the tourney matters for the players. Louisville does not win it all they have squat. You win a conference title or a big tournament it stays with the players forever. It means something. I sort of speak from experience on this one.

I'm not saying the players should throw it. Of course you want to win and hopefully we do start winning it regularly.

But the NCAA tournament is the ultimate goal. Win the ACCT and go 0-2 in Regionals and it's a disappointing year. Go 0-2 in the ACCT and make Omaha and its a successful year.

Also, Louisville won the Regular Season title, so they've definitely accomplished somethinhg

Advertisement
I'm not saying the players should throw it. Of course you want to win and hopefully we do start winning it regularly.

But the NCAA tournament is the ultimate goal. Win the ACCT and go 0-2 in Regionals and it's a disappointing year. Go 0-2 in the ACCT and make Omaha and its a successful year.

Also, Louisville won the Regular Season title, so they've definitely accomplished somethinhg
I’m with you bud. Two and the Q in the ACC and then going to Omaha on a run works for me as well. How about we agree to be greedy and win both?

Amazing how college kids just throw the ball around the yard. It is sloppy but I like it. The pro game, they just don’t make those mistakes. Hence, the “pro” game. College kids swing out of their shoes, Fire the ball around trying to get hay for the donkey.

Same with all college sports. It’s why they are the best to watch. Unpredictability at its finest

Advertisement
Back