***ACC Tournament: Miami v. GT @ 3pm***

The fans have every right to be upset. After that incredible run to get to where they are and then to drop a game like that NOW? Yeah, we're ticked off. And what's this forum for if we can't blow off a little steam from the frustration here? It's either this or kick the cat.
Yep. And I have 3 cats, so I'm not gonna kick them.

And I said in another thread last week that my main concerns were:

Thompson defensively, and even offensively disrupting the chemistry of the lineup. Check.

Garcia flirting with disaster in most outings. No check...he was never called on.

Our defense stubbing their toes and/or our offense going cold against a decent bullpen. Check/double-check .

Now is crunch time. Maybe complaining about an early season loss is a lil over the top. Complaining about a bad loss now is perfectly in line and sane when they're all urgent, and the wrong loss to a bad team can change the season's outlook.

I want things to go our way, and for us to handle our business as a prospective Top 8 seed should...and I will be rooting for it to happen. But now, we have to root for us and get help from other teams...instead of just taking care of business like we should have to begin with. Its a sh1tty place to be in, and one you shouldn't find yourself in IF you're an elite ballclub. Plain & simple.

Advertisement
UVA lost too. Its baseball. The best teams still get beat 15-20 times by the time the year is over. GT is down 4-0 to Duke. Lets just win the next two and get to the ACCCG.

If you are looking for perfection, life is going to be pretty disappointing.

UVA lost too. Its baseball. The best teams still get beat 15-20 times by the time the year is over. GT is down 4-0 to Duke. Lets just win the next two and get to the ACCCG.

Not looking for perfection. I'm looking for us to be good enough to beat teams like GT in one-off games like we will see in the postseason. We weren't yesterday. Baseball is a game of failure...but you can be better and more consistent than others, which is what the better teams do. We didn't do it.

Regardless of pool play, we need to beat Clemson and Duke both soundly to show off for the committee. After the loss to GT, we are in a group of 3-4 teams vying for the last 2 national seeds. Style points will matter.

Why do people have to come out with the "life isn't perfect" posts when some of us get upset about a loss. God almighty. Of course we're gonna be upset that the Canes lost a very very important game to a team they should have beaten. Let us vent for crying out loud.

UVA can go 0-3 and they will still be a national seed. They have breathing room and this week means nothing. Not true for us.

And I'm disappointed that you're following the other guy with the "perfection" line. You're better than that. There are games that you win if you're going to show that you deserve a national seed. Yesterday was one of those.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back