***ACC Tournament: Miami v. GT @ 3pm***

I don't think Thompson is the main issue, but....somebody please post our records with and without him.

Just an estimation, we are about .500 with him and 25-1 without.

Advertisement
Get Thompson off of first

A-freaking-men. Someone needs to remind me what that dude brings to the table right now. He killed us today at first and will continue to do so.

Let Thompson DH and put Collins at 1st.

Although, I don't necessarily put all of the blame on Thompson.

Our middle infielders are absolutely KILLING ME with these throws to 1st base.

Lopez committed about 2 throwing errors which almost cost us that extra inning game against UNC.

Hernandez gets a little too excited sometimes and doesn't make a solid throw to 1st on what should be an easy play.

Advertisement
Glad to see the majority decided to lose their **** over one game. Jesus H. get a grip. If they drop tomorrow's game then there might be something to worry about.

Glad to see the majority decided to lose their **** over one game. Jesus H. get a grip. If they drop tomorrow's game then there might be something to worry about.

RPI is now at #14. While we're losing "just one game" (again), other national seed contenders are winning.

I'd bet a national seed is out of the picture barring the extreme slim chance of everything working out perfectly and every game associated with us going our way.

Gonna have to beat someone on the road to get to Omaha.

It's pool play and we are the top seed - win the next two and we still have a good chance at playing in the championship game. If we do, we can still be a national seed. Suarez needs a little of B-Rad's mental toughness with two outs and men on. He certainly has the stuff. Collins is going to need to catch the rest of the way so we can get another bat in the lineup.

Advertisement
some of the post are comical...we just won the conference with an incredible run and now we are not elite? We may not be, but let this thing play out. These kids have shown that they can be, losing one game in a conference tourny is not the end of the world. Good thing we have pitchers all over the place. As for the Thompson thing, where was the negative discussions when in his first game back he accounted for both of the runs we scored. There maybe something there, I just like to sit back, before I start to opine on things after ONE game!!!

some of the post are comical...we just won the conference with an incredible run and now we are not elite? We may not be, but let this thing play out. These kids have shown that they can be, losing one game in a conference tourny is not the end of the world. Good thing we have pitchers all over the place. As for the Thompson thing, where was the negative discussions when in his first game back he accounted for both of the runs we scored. There maybe something there, I just like to sit back, before I start to opine on things after ONE game!!!

This is however a game thread.......primarily disgusted with.....one game. It turned into a discussion of the larger picture, but the game was frustrating to watch.

This is however a game thread.......primarily disgusted with.....one game. It turned into a discussion of the larger picture, but the game was frustrating to watch.

Yep, gotcha and I love the discussions...frustrating games that happens, but to hear folks talk about how the kid, I just don't understand.

Advertisement
Hey AntwanJ306, tell us about your baseball career. As an expert, you must have been an amazing player. Probably never hit into a double play, always pitched perfect games, and never made an error. Anxious to hear all about it.

Hey AntwanJ306, tell us about your baseball career. As an expert, you must have been an amazing player. Probably never hit into a double play, always pitched perfect games, and never made an error. Anxious to hear all about it.

No, I was not the perfect player. Therefore, I shouldn't expect the University of Miami to compete for baseball championships. Makes sense. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Yep, gotcha and I love the discussions...frustrating games that happens, but to hear folks talk about how the kid, I just don't understand.

I'm with you on Thompson. He made some nice digs, which is what frustrated me more on the two he missed. His stick is so solid, it is hard to leave it out of the lineup, and while those two plays were not easy, he mistimed his stretch on both of them -- almost stretching when stretching was not the play.

Advertisement
It's so interesting how some "fans" expect perfection every at bat, pitch, and play. It's even more interesting when supposedly ex players are so quick to criticize from their nice, comfortable know-it-all armchair.

It's so interesting how some "fans" expect perfection every at bat, pitch, and play. It's even more interesting when supposedly ex players are so quick to criticize from their nice, comfortable know-it-all armchair.

I haven't seen a single person expect perfection on every play. Our actual expectations include: regional host nearly every year, occasional national seed, occasional trip to Omaha, run at a national title a few times in a decade. Don't make stuff up.

As for criticism from my armchair, how about this: I'll take 1/4th of Morris' salary and still produce the garbage that we've seen beginning in 2009. That way we can save the university some money and you guys can defend me against everyone when we end the season in late May.

It sounds like you are looking for a game cast or box score rather than commentary or discussion about the game.

The fans have every right to be upset. After that incredible run to get to where they are and then to drop a game like that NOW? Yeah, we're ticked off. And what's this forum for if we can't blow off a little steam from the frustration here? It's either this or kick the cat.

Advertisement
Back