Acc and Coastal

VT and Syracuse will be our biggest challenges aside from fsu imo.

VT - Fuente can coach his team to a win as he did at Memphis with significantly inferior talent. Never underestimate VT from that perspective.

Syracuse's offense will be a challenge to fully stop. Their coach (I forget his name) is a very good offensive coach. Depending on how our qb and Oline situations are I think this game could be more challenging than we think.

Agree that we should win the coastal though, and it would be a disappointment if we don't

Last edited:
Advertisement
Considering both how weak UNC and VT are this year and their cross-division opponent's this year, there's no excuse for us not winning the coastal. But I do think this year will be a contest of who's the tallest midget. I doubt we see a 10 win coastal team considering our probable QB struggles and how ****tty the division will be. So long as we beat 2 of UNC, GT, and VT we'll be in good position in the event of a tie breaker.

there will be some team out of nowhere, probably GT or Pitt who have a **** schedule and will be the game we need to win

Our game against Pitt could very well be for the coastal crown.

people dont wanna admit this, but it'll probably be true.

they beat clemson & Penn st last year. they arent elite, but they arent as terrible as everyone just assumes either.

when you look at the ACC crossover games for us, vt, gt, and pitt. its fairly obvious that pitt is the most likely to be there in the race with us at the end

there will be some team out of nowhere, probably GT or Pitt who have a **** schedule and will be the game we need to win

they beat clemson & Penn st last year. they arent elite, but they arent as terrible as everyone just assumes either.

when you look at the ACC crossover games for us, vt, gt, and pitt. its fairly obvious that pitt is the most likely to be there in the race with us at the end
i think the fact that they lost their OC is the biggest reason they aren't that big of a concern. That guy was good, I doubt they replace him with someone as good

i think the fact that they lost their OC is the biggest reason they aren't that big of a concern. That guy was good, I doubt they replace him with someone as good

I'd give Pitt more credence if Matt Canada was coming back. He took an offense that was near the bottom of P5 teams and made them legit. Even with a journeyman transfer quarterback. This year, Canada and that quarterback are both gone, along with their top back and a majority of their top receivers. Pat Narduzzi is a defensive guy but he's going to have to learn how to stop a team that can throw because their pass defense was hot garbage even though their rush defense and sacks were among the leaders in the NCAA. I don't know but I really don't see Pitt being more than a 6 or 7 win team. I think Georgia Tech is a better squad than them. I guess it all comes down to how well the new offensive coordinator adapts.

Advertisement

VT - Fuente can coach his team to a win as he did at Memphis with significantly inferior talent. Never underestimate VT from that perspective.

Syracuse's offense will be a challenge to fully stop. Their coach (I forget his name) is a very good offensive coach. Depending on how our qb and Oline situations are I think this game could be more challenging than we think.

Agree that we should win the coastal though, and it would be a disappointment if we don't
Agree with you on Va Tech.

But on Cuse... Noooooo lol

They gave up 62 to Louisville, 45 to USF, 50 to ND, 28 to WAKE FOREST (you know the team who was giving their playbook to opponents), 54 to Clemson, 35 to NC St, 45 to FSU & (prepare yourself for this one) 76 to Pitt... 76!

We play Cuse at Hard Rock, we could spot them 28 points in the first half & only play our 3rd stringers in the 2nd half & still beat'em by 3TD's.

Their Coach is Dino Babers who was coaching at Bowling Green before he got the Cuse job, he is a good Offensive Coach, but they simply don't have enough players to even make it a competitive match.

What if another coastal team goes undefeated and wins the ACC championship and plays in the CFB playoff, and our ONLY loss of the season is to them?

Will that happen? Not likely at all. But [MENTION=170]imurcane[/MENTION] was correct. not winning the coastal would be a dissapointment, but not absolutely.

You, having Jedi in your name should know that only a sith deals in absolutes.

Then it's a failure. There isn't one Coastal team that should touch us this year. We shouldn't have lost to any Coastal teams LAST year either...but let's forget about the 4 game abomination and move on to a new year.

Bottom line. The path is clear this year. There is no probation. There is no lack of talent. It's Richts second year and homeboy is making A LOT of money. 10 wins and a Coastal title are the baseline upon which Richt should be measure this year. We flat out gave away some games we shouldn't have lost last year so it's time for him to make up for some of those.

The biggest thing Richt has going for him right now is that prized recruiting class. Fail to win the Coastal this year and we'll all be holding our breath on just how many of those prized recruits we end up keeping. Winning 10 games and the Coastal isn't just about this year...it's about the future. Kids and parents need to see results or else the biggest accomplishment Richt has done to this point will evaporate with a quickness.

Well this just proves how unreal your expectations are.
I gave you a crazy improbable but not completely impossible scenario. And instead of just taking away your Absolute Failure line, you doubled down on it. Think you need to reevaluate where we are as a program.

And this just proves you're a Don Bailey Jr disciple with built in excuses and Goldenized expectations . You should consider rooting for another program if you don't believe 10 wins and the Coastal is the baseline for this program this year

LOL at this exchange.

The guy posits the most absurd scenario in the history of everdom and says you (Jedi) have unreal expectations?

Jesus

Exactly, Its is absurd. But it is possible. Yet, according to this guy, if that scenario played out and we beat FSU this year and go 11-1, and play in a big time bowl, It would still be a failure of a season because we didn't win the Coastal.
To me it seems like a lot of you hope we don't meet these goals. Plus its just ridiculous that No matter what if one small thing doesn't happen, you're going to have this extremely negative view of the season.
****, if we win 11 games including beating FSU, IDGAF if we are playing in the ACC championship or not, because I view the season as a major success. If we get an Orange Bowl invite and win, but missed the ACC championship, yall would still say the season was a failure. And thats just a dumb mentality to have.

Then it's a failure. There isn't one Coastal team that should touch us this year. We shouldn't have lost to any Coastal teams LAST year either...but let's forget about the 4 game abomination and move on to a new year.

Bottom line. The path is clear this year. There is no probation. There is no lack of talent. It's Richts second year and homeboy is making A LOT of money. 10 wins and a Coastal title are the baseline upon which Richt should be measure this year. We flat out gave away some games we shouldn't have lost last year so it's time for him to make up for some of those.

The biggest thing Richt has going for him right now is that prized recruiting class. Fail to win the Coastal this year and we'll all be holding our breath on just how many of those prized recruits we end up keeping. Winning 10 games and the Coastal isn't just about this year...it's about the future. Kids and parents need to see results or else the biggest accomplishment Richt has done to this point will evaporate with a quickness.

I gave you a crazy improbable but not completely impossible scenario. And instead of just taking away your Absolute Failure line, you doubled down on it. Think you need to reevaluate where we are as a program.

And this just proves you're a Don Bailey Jr disciple with built in excuses and Goldenized expectations . You should consider rooting for another program if you don't believe 10 wins and the Coastal is the baseline for this program this year

LOL at this exchange.

The guy posits the most absurd scenario in the history of everdom and says you (Jedi) have unreal expectations?

Jesus

Exactly, Its is absurd. But it is possible. Yet, according to this guy, if that scenario played out and we beat FSU this year and go 11-1, and play in a big time bowl, It would still be a failure of a season because we didn't win the Coastal.
To me it seems like a lot of you hope we don't meet these goals. Plus its just ridiculous that No matter what if one small thing doesn't happen, you're going to have this extremely negative view of the season.
****, if we win 11 games including beating FSU, IDGAF if we are playing in the ACC championship or not, because I view the season as a major success. If we get an Orange Bowl invite and win, but missed the ACC championship, yall would still say the season was a failure. And thats just a dumb mentality to have.
Turn your computer off and go take a lap.

Your position is dumb as ****.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Just win 10 games for the first time in 14 seasons please. kthxbye

Advertisement

Agree with you on Va Tech.

But on Cuse... Noooooo lol

They gave up 62 to Louisville, 45 to USF, 50 to ND, 28 to WAKE FOREST (you know the team who was giving their playbook to opponents), 54 to Clemson, 35 to NC St, 45 to FSU & (prepare yourself for this one) 76 to Pitt... 76!

We play Cuse at Hard Rock, we could spot them 28 points in the first half & only play our 3rd stringers in the 2nd half & still beat'em by 3TD's.

Their Coach is Dino Babers who was coaching at Bowling Green before he got the Cuse job, he is a good Offensive Coach, but they simply don't have enough players to even make it a competitive match.
Well ****, those number are ugly. Lol. I stand corrected.

:fistbump:

It's pretty hard to even speculate considering we don't know exactly what we have at QB yet....at all.

CMR knew he had no QB's when he took the job. If he has done nothing to rectify this in year two, is it honest to think he will do it in year 3 or 4?
Done nothing ? He landed Nkosi Perry his top target in the '17 class regardless of position. I said what I said because we haven't seen Perry play yet . CMR is not to blame the situation is what it is .

I'm just curious what all these guys predicting 1 loss and a title run are seeing at the QB position that the coaches havent

LOL at this exchange.

Jesus

LMFAO

He was referring to you!

You Don Bailey Jr's kid? brother? second cousin twice removed?

Advertisement

LOL at this exchange.

Jesus

LMFAO

He was referring to you!

Bruh, I know exactly who he was talking to. I was saying hes right, the scenario is absurd. But again, It is possible. Yet you cant seem to understand that not making the ACC championship wouldn't absolutely make the season a failure without consideration of anything else that happens during the season. Its pretty simple. You apparently can't understand that.
I'm not saying my expectations aren't the same as yours. I'm saying your mentality is ******, and only going to be used at the end of the season to talk **** about our team/coaches at the end of the year.

LOL at this exchange.

Jesus

LMFAO

He was referring to you!

Bruh, I know exactly who he was talking to. I was saying hes right, the scenario is absurd. But again, It is possible. Yet you cant seem to understand that not making the ACC championship wouldn't absolutely make the season a failure without consideration of anything else that happens during the season. Its pretty simple. You apparently can't understand that.
I'm not saying my expectations aren't the same as yours. I'm saying your mentality is ******, and only going to be used at the end of the season to talk **** about our team/coaches at the end of the year.

Pretty sure everyone would be happy with 11-1, a win over FSU and a big time bowl this year. You're making up absurd scenarios just to argue. That's chickish.

LOL at this exchange.

Jesus

LMFAO

He was referring to you!

I'm not saying my expectations aren't the same as yours. I'm saying your mentality is ****ty, and only going to be used at the end of the season to talk **** about our team/coaches at the end of the year.
No it is not ******* possible.

Stop typing.

NOW

Advertisement
We fight in tally and come out with a close win. Beat the **** out of every other team on our schedule. Walk into charlotte, curb stomp whoever we play. Then sit back and get ready to watch us play on New Years in a playoff game. I'm speaking this s*** into existence.

LOL at this exchange.

Jesus

LMFAO

He was referring to you!

Pretty sure everyone would be happy with 11-1, a win over FSU and a big time bowl this year. You're making up absurd scenarios just to argue. That's chickish.

Dude said that would be a failure solely because we didn't make the ACC Championship game.
I'm not doing it just to argue. I'm prove a point that some people here will never be happy, and only like to complain about everthing. Richts been on the job for 1.6 years. We could win the ACC this year and go to the CFB playoff and lose, and theyd be here complaining about how he's not a good coach and needs to be fired. Thats all this dude does, complain about how Richt needs to step down as OC and how he hasn't been recruiting well...oh and calling people Don Bailey. Thats the entirety of this dudes posts the last like 2 years. Talking about how Richt has been a failure.

LMFAO

He was referring to you!

I'm not saying my expectations aren't the same as yours. I'm saying your mentality is ****ty, and only going to be used at the end of the season to talk **** about our team/coaches at the end of the year.

Dude said that would be a failure solely because we didn't make the ACC Championship game.
I'm not doing it just to argue. I'm prove a point that some people here will never be happy, and only like to complain about everthing. Richts been on the job for 1.6 years. We could win the ACC this year and go to the CFB playoff and lose, and theyd be here complaining about how he's not a good coach and needs to be fired. Thats all this dude does, complain about how Richt needs to step down as OC and how he hasn't been recruiting well...oh and calling people Don Bailey. Thats the entirety of this dudes posts the last like 2 years. Talking about how Richt has been a failure.
Lets keep regugitating idiocy.

Looking at the schedule anything but an appearance in the ACCCG and 10 or 11 wins (we should have 11) is a failure.

The soft bigotry of low expectations is epitomized by this **** sandwich.

LMFAO

He was referring to you!

Lets keep regugitating idiocy.

Looking at the schedule anything but an appearance in the ACCCG and 10 or 11 wins (we should have 11) is a failure.

The soft bigotry of low expectations is epitomized by this **** sandwich.

Yeah I'm going to choose to watch the season before I label anything as a failure.

Advertisement
Back