Acc and Coastal

Not trying to bytch or be a bytch

This year because the Atlantic is so strong we won't be at a "Coastal" disadvantage. Call it what you want, but bc Fsu has been significantly better than us the past 6 years we pretty much knew we were 0-1 in the ACC and ****** Tech and Unc might get cake walks! This year they dont, they get Ville and Clemson . . . not both:)

Whatever else it means, it certianly means we aren't a game behind them from the jump . . . so to speak.

I actually think anything less than the Coastal division win and playing for AccT is a disappointment . . . not absolutely, but most likely.

Miami should be in the ACCCG every year.

Advertisement
FSU, ND, UNC, VTech, Pitt and GTech are the only teams I even think it's possible for us to lose to this season.
Even out of those teams I'd say we are the clear favorites in all but the FSU game.

Our schedule looks amazingly easy for us. After FSU we have an easy noncon game, Duke, and a bye weeks to reset, which will be needed whether we win or lose. If we lose, obviously in the past it has led to us playing ****ty the weeks following. having those next 3 weeks be pretty easy for us is a great thing. Also, if/when we do beat FSU, it will be the first time in 7 yrs, so the players will probably get too high, and its good to still have those 3 weeks to kinda calm everything down, especially from the media.

But yeah, the VTech, UNC, ND stretch is definitely going to determine how our season turns out.

Again, Our schedule is basically perfecct for us. We just have to perform to expectations.

Toledo isn't as easy as you think. Sure we'll be relatively large favorites heading into the matchup but they have enough offensive firepower to cause damage, especially if we're sleepwalking through the 1st half after an emotionally draining game against FSU. Good thing their defense is abysmal so the offense should be able to put up a lot of points.

Last edited:
FSU, ND, UNC, VTech, Pitt and GTech are the only teams I even think it's possible for us to lose to this season.
Even out of those teams I'd say we are the clear favorites in all but the FSU game.

Our schedule looks amazingly easy for us. After FSU we have an easy noncon game, Duke, and a bye weeks to reset, which will be needed whether we win or lose. If we lose, obviously in the past it has led to us playing ****ty the weeks following. having those next 3 weeks be pretty easy for us is a great thing. Also, if/when we do beat FSU, it will be the first time in 7 yrs, so the players will probably get too high, and its good to still have those 3 weeks to kinda calm everything down, especially from the media.

But yeah, the VTech, UNC, ND stretch is definitely going to determine how our season turns out.

Again, Our schedule is basically perfecct for us. We just have to perform to expectations.

Toledo isn't as easy as you think. Sure we'll be relatively large favorites heading into the matchup but they have enough offensive firepower to cause damage, especially if we're sleepwalking through the 1st half after an emotionally draining game against FSU. Good thing their defense is abysmal so the offense should be able to put up a lot of points.

Check the App State game last year. They put up huge offensive numbers against everybody on their schedule but laid an egg against Miami.

This year because the Atlantic is so strong we won't be at a "Coastal" disadvantage. Call it what you want, but bc Fsu has been significantly better than us the past 6 years we pretty much knew we were 0-1 in the ACC and ****** Tech and Unc might get cake walks! This year they dont, they get Ville and Clemson . . . not both:)

Whatever else it means, it certianly means we aren't a game behind them from the jump . . . so to speak.

I actually think anything less than the Coastal division win and playing for AccT is a disappointment . . . not absolutely, but most likely.

Good post and everything is correct except for the last sentence.

It is absolute. There is zero excuse for not winning the Coastal this year. It doesn't matter if Mickey Mouse lines up as our quarterback. With our defense and returning players combined with the relative weakness of our schedule there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't win double digit regular season games and win the Coastal.

Period. The time for excuses is in the rear view mirror.

Good post and everything is correct except for the last sentence.

It is absolute. There is zero excuse for not winning the Coastal this year. It doesn't matter if Mickey Mouse lines up as our quarterback. With our defense and returning players combined with the relative weakness of our schedule there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't win double digit regular season games and win the Coastal.

Period. The time for excuses is in the rear view mirror.

What if another coastal team goes undefeated and wins the ACC championship and plays in the CFB playoff, and our ONLY loss of the season is to them?

Will that happen? Not likely at all. But [MENTION=170]imurcane[/MENTION] was correct. not winning the coastal would be a dissapointment, but not absolutely.

You, having Jedi in your name should know that only a sith deals in absolutes.

Advertisement

lol. No.
Toledo is exactly as easy as I think.
If we struggle with Toledo, the seasons over.

It's pretty hard to even speculate considering we don't know exactly what we have at QB yet....at all.

I have yet to figure out why everyone is so worried about Pitt and GT. Both teams are garbage.

Pitt was a good team last year but think they will drop off without their best RB since Tony Dorsett. I think going to Pittsburgh has been overrated; we've played better at their place than when they visit Miami.

GT will always make me pay attention because of that bull**** 1950's offense. You just never know. Luckily, Richt is 14-2 against them and we have a bye to prepare while being at home.

For everyone that considers GTech a legit threat or a potential Loss for us, I'm curious to know why?

Not even being combative, I'm just wondering what makes y'all think they can compete with us?

Richt never loses to GTech like ever, in 16 years of preparing for them it's extremely rare for them to ever get the best of him.

They do nothing special that our Defense can't stop & their Defense simply doesn't have the capability to keep up with our firepower.

We play them at Hard Rock, so they don't even have the idea of Home field advantage to be confident about...

I'm honestly just asking y'all to enlighten me about something that maybe I just don't see about GTech that makes them a threat that so many of you think we could lose to them?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have yet to figure out why everyone is so worried about Pitt and GT. Both teams are garbage.

We're used to worrying about ****** teams because we've been crappy for so long that guys can't let themselves expect to beat **** teams that we should beat.

For everyone that considers GTech a legit threat or a potential Loss for us, I'm curious to know why?

Not even being combative, I'm just wondering what makes y'all think they can compete with us?

Richt never loses to GTech like ever, in 16 years of preparing for them it's extremely rare for them to ever get the best of him.

They do nothing special that our Defense can't stop & their Defense simply doesn't have the capability to keep up with our firepower.

We play them at Hard Rock, so they don't even have the idea of Home field advantage to be confident about...

I'm honestly just asking y'all to enlighten me about something that maybe I just don't see about GTech that makes them a threat that so many of you think we could lose to them?

Thomas ran that offense better than anyone they've had there too. And he's gone. Expect the new guy to put it on the floor a bunch against us.

Advertisement

We're used to worrying about ****** teams because we've been crappy for so long that guys can't let themselves expect to beat **** teams that we should beat.

I know that feeling but yo we str8 workin GT and Pitt no question..... e z work

I'm not one of those scared guys. I think we should work everyone on our schedule. Only tossup game to me is FSU.

Our potential L's are the same every year...

FSU, UNC & Va Tech... The Pitts, GTechs, Dukes etc are not talented enough to keep up when we have a legit coach.

With Richt, he rarely if ever loses the gimme games that are layups, it's the bigger matchups that have been somewhat shaky for him.

Listen, I understand it's Football & any given Saturday(Thursday) any team can lose, I'm just saying I genuinely don't think those lesser ACC teams ever really stand a chance against us with the overall talent we have.

Last edited:

Thomas ran that offense better than anyone they've had there too. And he's gone. Expect the new guy to put it on the floor a bunch against us.
Exactly... GTech's Offense only works with an experienced veteran QB.

A young guy running that Trip Option against our Defense late on Thursday night when Hard Rock is loud & on fire is going to **** bricks facing that heavy pressure El Jefe will put on them.

Advertisement

That offense is the reason. I've seen GTech beat teams it has no business beating simply by taking the air out of the ball and keeping the ball for 40 mins. I agree, it's not probable, but it makes my ears perk up. It's just not an offense you see all the time. I think we win big this year, though. Just in general, this is always what gets my attention

That offense is the reason. I've seen GTech beat teams it has no business beating simply by taking the air out of the ball and keeping the ball for 40 mins. I agree, it's not probable, but it makes my ears perk up. It's just not an offense you see all the time. I think we win big this year, though. Just in general, this is always what gets my attention
I can see where you're coming from.

I think the difference is our team is more than prepared for GTech, especially this year we'll have 12 days to prep for them, plus we have the neutralizer to that Trip Option which is an exceptional LB Corp.

They can't throw the ball on us with a new QB & while they'll almost always get their yards in the run game, the thing they can't counteract is our propensity to push them back & get TFL's.

That Offense works because it keeps them with short easy 3rd down conversion yardage.

If you're facing 3rd & 5/4/3's all game, then yeah they can take the air out of the ball & keep your Defense on the field for long drives.

But, if your Defense is stopping them & getting TFL's on 1st & 2nd down, they have no counterpunch to 3rd & long.

I'm not one of those scared guys. I think we should work everyone on our schedule. Only tossup game to me is FSU.

I'm with you [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION], I see a big year for the Canes this year. As for GT, we handled them nicely last year with their best QB at the helm. This year it will be a feast for the D.

agree with this the only thing if we lose to fsu which is highly likely people will be down i nthe dumps but we can run the rest of the schedule

Advertisement
Back