Acc and Coastal

imurcane

Banned
Banned
Not trying to bytch or be a bytch

This year because the Atlantic is so strong we won't be at a "Coastal" disadvantage. Call it what you want, but bc Fsu has been significantly better than us the past 6 years we pretty much knew we were 0-1 in the ACC and ****** Tech and Unc might get cake walks! This year they dont, they get Ville and Clemson . . . not both:)

Whatever else it means, it certianly means we aren't a game behind them from the jump . . . so to speak.

I actually think anything less than the Coastal division win and playing for AccT is a disappointment . . . not absolutely, but most likely.

Advertisement
Not trying to bytch or be a bytch

This year because the Atlantic is so strong we won't be at a "Coastal" disadvantage. Call it what you want, but bc Fsu has been significantly better than us the past 6 years we pretty much knew we were 0-1 in the ACC and ****** Tech and Unc might get cake walks! This year they dont, they get Ville and Clemson . . . not both:)

Whatever else it means, it certianly means we aren't a game behind them from the jump . . . so to speak.

I actually think anything less than the Coastal division win and playing for AccT is a disappointment . . . not absolutely, but most likely.

True

We're going to win the costal then win the Acc ship then we have 2 more games to add #6 ..then in 2018 come in with everybody on our ****

Advertisement
Pitt lost their #1 WR and playmaker, Conner, and QB...who was an upgrade over Brad to add. PITT doesn't have the horses to hang with UM unless we lay an egg. They have a few good defensive players but no real depth.

pitt probably has the most favorable ACC matchups.

they are going to be tough

Pitt defense is turrible and their offense just lost their OC who was only there last year and had the #10 offense in the country aftering being like 60th in 2015 plus they lost their starting QB, RB, #1 and #2 WRs. They won't be good.

UNC, VT, GT are the only remote threat. VT because of their defense.. UNC because of their offensive system.. GT because they run the option so QBs are replaceable and when their are big questions around other coastal teams GT seems to usually win those years.

Last edited:
Pitt lost their #1 WR and playmaker, Conner, and QB...who was an upgrade over Brad to add. PITT doesn't have the horses to hang with UM unless we lay an egg. They have a few good defensive players but no real depth.

Wasn't jester weah their number 1 receiver? He's back

Advertisement
Regardless of our QB situation, if there has been any year that the coastal has been up for the taking, it is this year. Absolutely zero excuses not to win it this year with what we have coming back.

We should win this **** division every year. And if we don't win it, it better be because a team had a once in a decade type of team and just caught fire. We out recruit everyone we play in the Coastal by a wide margin.

Shouldn't somebody be in here frothing at the mouth about how REAL Canes don't even think about other teams because it doesn't matter and you're a pssy if you do? Seriously, I didn't think we were still allowed to talk about strength of schedule and what other teams are doing.

GT - 12 days off after a 2 game home stand against NC and PITT. We have 13 days off after playing at Duke; the Duke game is only 6 days after Toledo on a Friday night.
UNC - A week after VT away, 'heels play us in Chapel Hill; We have Syracuse home*.
VT - Play us away after 2 home games against UNC and Duke, respectively; we're at UNC the week before.
Duke - Northwestern and Baylor home and UNC "away" (they're down the street); we have Toledo the week before.
Pitt - has UNC home then VT away before shortweeking it to play us on a Friday; we have UVA the week before.

* I would say watch out for Syracuse but they play LSU then NCST then Pitt then Clemson right before us. No way they upset us without me contributing to flying a banner over games.
**the team I won't name should 3 losses in by the time we play at Hard Rock

This is a no excuses schedule and opportunity and that's even if our so called rivals are having decent seasons. There is no reason why we should not be prepared for all of these games; they set up perfectly not only for us but against our "rivals". This schedule and our defensive ALONE should win us the Coastal by default; again, anything less than 11-1 is a failure, imo. If the offensive is as good as I think they can be we win 2x against FSU. If the offense is slightly less than I think they will be, then we may not win ACC. But there's no 'IF' with me when it comes to winning the Coastal.

Advertisement
GT - 12 days off after a 2 game home stand against NC and PITT. We have 13 days off after playing at Duke; the Duke game is only 6 days after Toledo on a Friday night.
UNC - A week after VT away, 'heels play us in Chapel Hill; We have Syracuse home*.
VT - Play us away after 2 home games against UNC and Duke, respectively; we're at UNC the week before.
Duke - Northwestern and Baylor home and UNC "away" (they're down the street); we have Toledo the week before.
Pitt - has UNC home then VT away before shortweeking it to play us on a Friday; we have UVA the week before.

* I would say watch out for Syracuse but they play LSU then NCST then Pitt then Clemson right before us. No way they upset us without me contributing to flying a banner over games.

This is a no excuses schedule and opportunity and that's even if our so called rivals are having decent seasons. There is no reason why we should not be prepared for all of these games; they set up perfectly not only for us but against our "rivals". This schedule and our defensive ALONE should win us the Coastal by default; again, anything less than 11-1 is a failure, imo. If the offensive is as good as I think they can be we win 2x against FSU. If the offense is slightly less than I think they will be, then we may not win ACC. But there's no 'IF' with me when it comes to winning the Coastal.
This makes me think, outside of the obvious FSU game, the UNC/VT stretch is where our season will be decided.

This makes me think, outside of the obvious FSU game, the UNC/VT stretch is where our season will be decided.

I think Pitt or GT will pose a bigger threat than UNC. I don't even know if UNC will have a winning record this year. The coastal will come down to not having a really bad loss and beating VT. They play Clemson this year, so build in an ACC loss for them. They got UNC, Duke, at Miami at GT and Pitt before wrapping up at UVA. That's a much harder stretch than we have. Gotta think 4-2 in those final 6 and a loss to Clemson is 5-3. If we have 3 conference losses, we need to just pack it in

Advertisement
FSU, ND, UNC, VTech, Pitt and GTech are the only teams I even think it's possible for us to lose to this season.
Even out of those teams I'd say we are the clear favorites in all but the FSU game.

Our schedule looks amazingly easy for us. After FSU we have an easy noncon game, Duke, and a bye weeks to reset, which will be needed whether we win or lose. If we lose, obviously in the past it has led to us playing ****** the weeks following. having those next 3 weeks be pretty easy for us is a great thing. Also, if/when we do beat FSU, it will be the first time in 7 yrs, so the players will probably get too high, and its good to still have those 3 weeks to kinda calm everything down, especially from the media.

But yeah, the VTech, UNC, ND stretch is definitely going to determine how our season turns out.

Again, Our schedule is basically perfecct for us. We just have to perform to expectations.

Advertisement
Back