Aaron Hernandez Verified with CTE

The thing I don't get about CTE is why is it exclusive to football? Why haven't other sports such as boxing, MMA, ect. also been found to have CTE? Can someone explain that to me?

Regardless football is not going to go away. Even with more CTE data, the most that will happen is that there will be more education and understanding of risk associated with careers that could lead it. There will be laws written into contracts to provide education to athletes. And the public sector will be charged with coming up with solutions to treat or diagnose.

You're joking right? Google Boxer CTE before typing next time.

Lots of hysteria about shutting down MMA? Those gyms seem to be popping up in every ****ty stripmall across this country. Where's the hysteria about girls soccer and concussions too? The laziness of the media in only warring on football hurts the overall argument here because they know including every sport in the concussion talk wouldn't fly or be as ****.

MMA and girls soccer are small fish, don't be stupid. Nobody would be give a **** about girls soccer but they've got every amateur scientist in football sounding off. Why would the media waste their time on a stip mall MMA gym that will close their doors and start a new LLC. Think before you speak.

Advertisement
As a parent I decided not to let my son play football anymore because of the potential risk of CTE. He doesn't miss football now that he is so involved in BASE jumping, sky diving, and free style rock climbing.

This is the only escape some people have from an even worse outcome. As long as there are people willing to risk their bodies to make a livelihood for their family, the game will go on

It's a means of survival for a lot of these kids, and some people fail to realize that without it, some wouldn't be here today

So is selling drugs (a means of survival) and you don't see a lot of people endorsing that. Football was barred before, it can be barred again. And...with the drip, drip, drip of (admittedly inconclusive) information I can't say that i will always support football.

ALRIGHTY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH GOTDAMMITTTTT... IF THEY END FB IN THE COUNTRY I WILL KILL MY **** SELF!!!
NOT SURE IF YOUR POST ON FOOTBALL'S END IS CTE INDUCING ENOUGH TO CAUSE/LEAD TO YOUR SELF TERMINATION, BUT IT SURE LOCKS MY CAPS BUTTON.

I don't think playing football vs selling drugs is a legitimate comparison of means of survival. One is deleterious towards the user and their families (Football), while the other is responsible for mass murders and incarcerations across the world. Apples vs. oranges. My point being, who are we to take away the opportunity of a disadvantaged child to provide for their family, while doing no harm to anyone else? Would we rather them be on the streets selling drugs, corrupting those he sells the drugs to, and ultimately destroying not only their lives, but also the lives of all of those around them?

I understand that CTE is a debilitating disease that can ultimately take over someone's mind and ruin their ability to be themselves and function, however, these same people could have also died at the age of 14 on the corner of their street. Not sure about you, but I'd rather live an additional 50 years and then go insane than be killed at the age of 14 and leave my family with nothing except grief.

So there are only two options: sell drugs or play football?

Advertisement
So is selling drugs (a means of survival) and you don't see a lot of people endorsing that. Football was barred before, it can be barred again. And...with the drip, drip, drip of (admittedly inconclusive) information I can't say that i will always support football.

ALRIGHTY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH GOTDAMMITTTTT... IF THEY END FB IN THE COUNTRY I WILL KILL MY **** SELF!!!
NOT SURE IF YOUR POST ON FOOTBALL'S END IS CTE INDUCING ENOUGH TO CAUSE/LEAD TO YOUR SELF TERMINATION, BUT IT SURE LOCKS MY CAPS BUTTON.

I don't think playing football vs selling drugs is a legitimate comparison of means of survival. One is deleterious towards the user and their families (Football), while the other is responsible for mass murders and incarcerations across the world. Apples vs. oranges. My point being, who are we to take away the opportunity of a disadvantaged child to provide for their family, while doing no harm to anyone else? Would we rather them be on the streets selling drugs, corrupting those he sells the drugs to, and ultimately destroying not only their lives, but also the lives of all of those around them?

I understand that CTE is a debilitating disease that can ultimately take over someone's mind and ruin their ability to be themselves and function, however, these same people could have also died at the age of 14 on the corner of their street. Not sure about you, but I'd rather live an additional 50 years and then go insane than be killed at the age of 14 and leave my family with nothing except grief.

Exactly!

More kids from the same neighborhoods and elementary/middle/high schools as "disadvantaged" NFL players have made successful, productive lives doing almost everything else than playing football. Lawyers, doctors, entrepreneurs, scientists, teachers, police officers, generals and executives have come from these same neighborhoods and were confronted with those same choices and many never played any sports at all.

In fact, sports MAY be the biggest inhibitor of economic/intellectual potential in "those" neighborhoods.

Also, the reason why there are mine/factory safety rules and "no" sweatshops in the US is because regardless of whether someone was willing to do a dangerous job for money the citizenry felt that owners still have a responsibility to provide a safe work environment. People are still suing for black lung and asbestos inhalation. And when you consider how many fewer playgrounds there are today than 40 years ago, it appears they felt the same way about play.

Exactly!

More kids from the same neighborhoods and elementary/middle/high schools as "disadvantaged" NFL players have made successful, productive lives doing almost everything else than playing football. Lawyers, doctors, entrepreneurs, scientists, teachers, police officers, generals and executives have come from these same neighborhoods and were confronted with those same choices and many never played any sports at all.

In fact, sports MAY be the biggest inhibitor of economic/intellectual potential in "those" neighborhoods.

Also, the reason why there are mine/factory safety rules and "no" sweatshops in the US is because regardless of whether someone was willing to do a dangerous job for money the citizenry felt that owners still have a responsibility to provide a safe work environment. People are still suing for black lung and asbestos inhalation. And when you consider how many fewer playgrounds there are today than 40 years ago, it appears they felt the same way about play.

My goodness, how dense can one be. Not everyone has the intellectual capacity to become a lawyer, doctor, entrepreneur, or scientist. And no, sports and drugs aren’t the only two options, but going into any of the aforementioned professions isn’t exactly something anyone can do over the weekend. You have once again failed to realize the point by applying a sweeping generalization that some of these kids have worlds of opportunity to do other things if they don’t play football. When in reality, this MIGHT be their only way out.

But what do I know ?

Sharrif Floyd: "Football Saved My Life"

Last edited:
great another thread where [MENTION=88]hcanes100[/MENTION] can tell us how it doesnt matter to him because he doesnt watch the NFL and hasnt in a while and has other productive things to do on Sunday afternoon

The thing I don't get about CTE is why is it exclusive to football? Why haven't other sports such as boxing, MMA, ect. also been found to have CTE? Can someone explain that to me?

Regardless football is not going to go away. Even with more CTE data, the most that will happen is that there will be more education and understanding of risk associated with careers that could lead it. There will be laws written into contracts to provide education to athletes. And the public sector will be charged with coming up with solutions to treat or diagnose.

Lots of hysteria about shutting down MMA? Those gyms seem to be popping up in every ****ty stripmall across this country. Where's the hysteria about girls soccer and concussions too? The laziness of the media in only warring on football hurts the overall argument here because they know including every sport in the concussion talk wouldn't fly or be as ****.

MMA and girls soccer are small fish, don't be stupid. Nobody would be give a **** about girls soccer but they've got every amateur scientist in football sounding off. Why would the media waste their time on a stip mall MMA gym that will close their doors and start a new LLC. Think before you speak.

"Small fish" and "Nobody would give a **** about <insert another sport here>".

So you've basically just admitted that this is as much about what garners attention (clicks/ratings) as it is about some noble scientific pursuit. Think before you reflexively buy into and defend a media narrative as they're doing a real disservice to the actual real scientific pursuits and varied opinions on this.

Last edited:
Advertisement

It's in all sports except maybe golf!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...nhardt-jr-will-donate-brain-science/82342096/

It's in all sports except maybe golf!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...nhardt-jr-will-donate-brain-science/82342096/

Outside the Lines is going to have a special report on Sunday about how it's even in eSports now too. The career Madden players have something like a 90% chance of showing some signs of CTE by their 18th birthdays- per some former pro wrestler speaking on behalf of Boston University.

Last edited:

"Small fish" and "Nobody would give a **** about <insert another sport here>".

So you've basically just admitted that this is as much about what garners attention (clicks/ratings) as it is about some noble scientific pursuit. Think before you reflexively buy into and defend a media narrative as they're doing a real disservice to the actual real scientific pursuits and varied opinions on this.

Don't be dense. Football has exponentially more available data for scientist to study vs girls soccer and the results will have maximum impact.
Step off your Erin Brokovich pedastool.

Advertisement
As a dolphins/canes fan.. Hernandez was a murder, a GAYturd, and a NE Patriots.. that 3 strikes for me.. you can miss me with all this crap.

Thank God someone on fuqin TV kept it funky about him being a dik before this CTE BS, stephen a kept it real funky. So every player right now is playing with CTE and are functioning normally, fuqin excuse generation where u can make a excuse about any **** thing u did......take some fuqin responsibility for once i hate this unreal generation with mumble dress wearin nursery singing rappers and fuqin weird mofos and excuse makers and complaining about everything *** ni99az

Advertisement
great another thread where [MENTION=88]hcanes100[/MENTION] can tell us how it doesnt matter to him because he doesnt watch the NFL and hasnt in a while and has other productive things to do on Sunday afternoon
Haven't been on CIS mentioned anything about this or anything like it, you mixing up the WEZ and CIS. Keep it straight. Either way, CTE and what I was talking over there have nothing to do with it each other. Have no idea where you coming from, but GO CANES.

I'll be at the game tomorrow in the green parking lot near the main entrance, come by for a beer or to chat if your around.

Thank God someone on fuqin TV kept it funky about him being a dik before this CTE BS, stephen a kept it real funky. So every player right now is playing with CTE and are functioning normally, fuqin excuse generation where u can make a excuse about any **** thing u did......take some fuqin responsibility for once i hate this unreal generation with mumble dress wearin nursery singing rappers and fuqin weird mofos and excuse makers and complaining about everything *** ni99az

No matter what ppl say bout Stephen a, that's why I ***s with him. He always keep it 100....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back