Aaron Hernandez Verified with CTE

Advertisement
Football ceasing to exist? Haha NOT.. the nfl makes double what the NBA and MLB generate.. FB will never die i this country as long as money is around

Tell me dis, did Hernandez have CTE from football or from banging his fuggin head again da wall in prison for being such a fugging dumbazz before he committed suicide? More likely from banging his head against da wall without a NCAA or NFL approved helmet.

Tell me dis, did Hernandez have CTE from football or from banging his fuggin head again da wall in prison for being such a fugging dumbazz before he committed suicide? More likely from banging his head against da wall without a NCAA or NFL approved helmet.

Can CTE be caused when you tie a noose around your neck.. and cut off circulation to your brain :monkey-serious:... hmmmm i wonder

Advertisement
This is the only escape some people have from an even worse outcome. As long as there are people willing to risk their bodies to make a livelihood for their family, the game will go on

It's a means of survival for a lot of these kids, and some people fail to realize that without it, some wouldn't be here today

I think it's important to remember with this whole CTE thing is that there is not a mass epidemic of former players killing themselves.. a few have but tbh that can almost be attributed to anything.. non football players who haven't experienced CTE kill themselves everyday it's just the world we live in.. with that said i'm in no way saying CTE isn't real and isn't a cause for concern.. but anyone who plays FB knows what they are getting themselves into.. if it really bothers and upsets someone don't play, watch, or support FB

This is the only escape some people have from an even worse outcome. As long as there are people willing to risk their bodies to make a livelihood for their family, the game will go on

It's a means of survival for a lot of these kids, and some people fail to realize that without it, some wouldn't be here today
So is selling drugs (a means of survival) and you don't see a lot of people endorsing that. Football was barred before, it can be barred again. And...with the drip, drip, drip of (admittedly inconclusive) information I can't say that i will always support football.

I'm on board with whatever Jose Baez says. He is a bastion of integrity. Just ask Caylee Anthony.

Btw, when are we ever going to start getting CTE based conclusions out of other universities or medical institutions not named Boston University? Seems like they have quite the little cottage industry of labeling EVERY brain they get as riddled with CTE. And I'm surrrrre all the junior neurosurgeons/fearmongers would say "That's because they're the PREMIER research facility for this!"-- which is strange because if it's such settled science then these type of findings should be coming from everywhere.

And f*ck Hernandez. He was a scumbag as a teenager, a collegian and a pro. Zero sympathy for his soul rotting in **** or his scumbag fiance or his family members (not all but some like his uncle) that enabled him and covered things up for him. The world is a better place with Hernandez dead.

Advertisement
Too lazy to read, did somebody already make a joke about the CTE being caused by nuts slapping him in the face?

So is selling drugs (a means of survival) and you don't see a lot of people endorsing that. Football was barred before, it can be barred again. And...with the drip, drip, drip of (admittedly inconclusive) information I can't say that i will always support football.

ALRIGHTY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH GOTDAMMITTTTT... IF THEY END FB IN THE COUNTRY I WILL KILL MY **** SELF!!!

Advertisement
CTE is like a herniated disc. A lot of people may have it, but not everyone feels the effects. It's an imperfect science to say the least and a lot of the media publicity is simply playing the result. I'm sure you could look at FB players who had successful post-playing lives and find CTE as well. Unless those "non-afflicted" players donate their brains at an equal rate you can't really draw conclusions about the longterm effects on behavior and health.

People will lie, cheat, steal, and kill until they're caught - declaring their innocence until the end. Hernandez is not too much different than most of the people not in prison - and that's not even a defense, unfortunately it's just stating facts. That's human, that's humans. That also has NOTHING to do with the fact that he HAD CTE which is what the article is about and the correlation/(causation?) between CTE and playing football.

So, the fate/life of Hernandez is irrelevant, and CTE has to be legitimate in the mind of those lambasting Hernandez because...well, because it's red herring, straw man, moralistic, and other logical fallacies time to obscure the point that football may be LOT more dangerous than advertised, or than they want to admit.

Advertisement

ALRIGHTY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH GOTDAMMITTTTT... IF THEY END FB IN THE COUNTRY I WILL KILL MY **** SELF!!!
NOT SURE IF YOUR POST ON FOOTBALL'S END IS CTE INDUCING ENOUGH TO CAUSE/LEAD TO YOUR SELF TERMINATION, BUT IT SURE LOCKS MY CAPS BUTTON.

CTE is like a herniated disc. A lot of people may have it, but not everyone feels the effects. It's an imperfect science to say the least and a lot of the media publicity is simply playing the result. I'm sure you could look at FB players who had successful post-playing lives and find CTE as well. Unless those "non-afflicted" players donate their brains at an equal rate you can't really draw conclusions about the longterm effects on behavior and health.

When people are forced to shoot themselves in the chest to get the ball rolling on science you can certainly start sounding alarms. In fact it was the NFL who paid doctors to draw up "conclusions" that football was safe before independent scientist jumped in.

Last edited:

When people are forced to shoot themselves in the chest to get the ball rolling on science you can certainly start sounding alarms. In fact it was the NFL who paid doctors to draw up "conclusions" that football was safe before independent scientist jumped in.

Sooooo what is "forcing" people that are just suffering from severe depression to shoot themselves in the chest too? Not that it wouldn't give someone in the throws of that at least a final sense of purpose to think they're doing something larger than themselves by killing themselves that way. We HAVE assigned additional dignity to the guys that have done that. It's probably somewhat dangerous to be assigning honor to suicide too but that's a different debate.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back