Aaron Feld, Rugby Guy and the meaning of life

Small world that I've met this guy and have people in the professional that said nothing but great things about him while he was at U of R.

At the same time I've heard nothing but great things about Feld as well from the people I've reached out to.

I get the critique about the video with the news chick as that was a headscratcher to me as well but the video of the form for the clean is just nitpicking.

fo

Advertisement
We know the same wise man.
km_20220103_1080p_1.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Like I’ve been trying to tell people in this thread, this is more about trashing an individual that he is jealous of than about any kind of real professional critique.
Exactly, nothing yet has been brought up about the error of his training regimen, or even the way he teaches the lifts. Until that evidence comes out, this guy is just clowning.

Appears out of nowhere with seemingly no connection to Feld or t

I knew it was based on some chicken **** semantics like that. Yes, ok, a high catch, got it, until you have too much weight and you have to drop like **** to get under it... right? So a powerclean is only really a powerclean up until a certain % of 1RM? Then it just becomes... a clean? You really made a custom edit video to discuss a 6-in difference in catch height (in reality)?

Just so you know (I assume a weight lifting savant such as yourself does) but that term powerclean is really just a catch-all in the football community, and comes from less experienced strength coaches at the highschool level. Not worth starting a war over. Ok, whats next?

A clean is caught in a deep squat, as seen in weightlifting competition.

Power clean at the very least hips above knees, typically higher.

Hang clean, standing position to start, countermovement, then clean (to be caught in either position).
So you are saying the difference in a hang clean and a power clean is the catch position???? Holy **** I have been teaching it wrong for 32 years now!!!!! I knew those degrees in kinesiology and physiology were worthless - dam it.....

Advertisement
I took a $200k paycut to move to football 😂.

Ok, I'm done. Have a great new year everyone. See you in 12 months.
Seriously???? The average pay is probably around $400K to $500K for a D1 S&C coaches. With the top around 1 million. So if you were average on the pay scale you took a 50% pay cut to move to football???? That seems realistic

Unless you are in a weight room with Coach Feld on a day to day basis you will have no ideal if he is good or not!!! You can make an opinion off a 20 second video but you will have no real knowledge! If this Rugy-guy actually knew anything he would know that you have to actually observe someone over a period of time to get a real feel for their level of expertise. If you can make a snap conclusion on a 20 second video....... well then you are just an arrogant clown.

Advertisement
Unless you are in a weight room with Coach Feld on a day to day basis you will have no ideal if he is good or not!!! You can make an opinion off a 20 second video but you will have no real knowledge! If this Rugy-guy actually knew anything he would know that you have to actually observe someone over a period of time to get a real feel for their level of expertise. If you can make a snap conclusion on a 20 second video....... well then you are just an arrogant clown.
exactly. this is why i asked him to rate uo players and state where/how they fell short in terms of strength, speed, etc. He actually said that their wide variability in play was due to factors other than their physical conditioning. That analysis seems to exonerate Feld while indicting Mario and the staff.

Seriously???? The average pay is probably around $400K to $500K for a D1 S&C coaches. With the top around 1 million. So if you were average on the pay scale you took a 50% pay cut to move to football???? That seems realistic
It’s a well known fact that S&C coaches in Rugby at Universities in the US get paid significantly more than those peasants in the billion dollar industry known as FBS College football

Advertisement
Back