Aaron Feld, Rugby Guy and the meaning of life

Random rugby S&C dude created an account on CIS specifically just to sh*tpost on Feld?

Gotta love it.

Sounds like he has some interesting points. I really wouldn't know. I'm a money guy. Not a S&C.

But this is little creepy no?

stop-it-get-some-help.gif
His "points" are exercise name semantics and a balance warm up exercise. Nothing yet to tell me that Feld is teaching players improper technique for exercises.

EVEN if Feld does not turn out to be a great S&C coach, the evidence provided here, so far, is trash.

Advertisement
His "points" are exercise name semantics and a balance warm up exercise. Nothing yet to tell me that Feld is teaching players improper technique for exercises.

EVEN if Feld does not turn out to be a great S&C coach, the evidence provided here, so far, is trash.

Like I’ve been trying to tell people in this thread, this is more about trashing an individual that he is jealous of than about any kind of real professional critique.

Advertisement
Can I just say that you're all missing the bigger issue here.

There are two codes of rugby - Rugby Union (boo hiss) and Rugby League.

@RVACane please can you ban this person for disrespecting the great game of Rugby League - 'cos you know only Union fans have the arrogance to refer to their game as 'rugby'. I'll let you Colonials off because you don't know any better. Thanks in advance.

can rugbyguy specifically state where/how oregon players fell short in games and what he'd rec'd to improve it?
no becauase that would mean he would have to use more than a 20 second clip to disprove everything aaron feld has accomplished

Advertisement
Can I just say that you're all missing the bigger issue here.

There are two codes of rugby - Rugby Union (boo hiss) and Rugby League.

@RVACane please can you ban this person for disrespecting the great game of Rugby League - 'cos you know only Union fans have the arrogance to refer to their game as 'rugby'. I'll let you Colonials off because you don't know any better. Thanks in advance.

No idea what you’re talking about, but I’ll take your word for it.

Although your remark reminds me of a security guard in Canterbury who told me in no uncertain terms I should go back to the colonies.

Well if you look at physical variables, they're actually quite stable throughout the year. But the points differentials from game to game are quite volatile. So for it to be physical, those numbers would have to correlate in a meaningful way with one another.

Which leaves us with tactical, technical, or psychological. Probably the first two. Although I can't speak on what I'm not qualified to have an opinion on. Strength coaches are not driving Ws and Ls that's for sure.
Out of curiousity, have you ever had any discussions with Feld about improving his techniques? Because if the goal is to minimize injuries and give people a higher opinion of the S&C industry, I would expect that privately reaching out would be more effective than publicly bashing on social media.

Advertisement
Out of curiousity, have you ever had any discussions with Feld about improving his techniques? Because if the goal is to minimize injuries and give people a higher opinion of the S&C industry, I would expect that privately reaching out would be more effective than publicly bashing on social media.
To late, he said happy new year and see you next yr.
🤷🏿‍♂️😂😂😂

Advertisement
Can't re-tweet a private conversation.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Aaron Wellman was at the NYG and is now by some distance the highest paid S&C in college football.
Erik Korem won the ACC at FSU, worked at Kentucky and at the Texans in the NFL.
Nick Dimarco played in the NFL, worked at Iowa.

etc. etc.

And they're all PhDs to boot.

Wellman isn't close to being the highest paid S&C guy in CFB.

A very smart person once told me they were a believer in being a steward of one's profession; Move the needle forward so the next generation can achieve things we never thought possible.

But sure, Twitter snark will advance us as a species.
We know the same wise man.

Advertisement
Back