Aaaargh! The Pirate wins...

Advertisement
Leach and Mullen both wanted to coach here, but, no, we go the inexperienced career coordinator every time. Blake should be tarred and feathered.
OF course Coker and Shannon were career coordinators but Golden and Richt weren't. We've been equally inept selecting head coaches despite their backgrounds.

LMFAO if you are using the rating systems to judge recruiting classes 20 years later. WSU was putting out tons of NFL players before Leach. In the 80s and 90s when they had good recruiting coaches they where regularly putting out 4-6 kids a year into the NFL. Leach hasn't had more than 2 kids drafted in a class.

Aight after youre finished laughing your *** off point out the years they put out above after recruiting classes. It’s a program with a .500 record that’s used to mediocrity. There’s never been a time they’ve been above average At anything until now.

If Miami would of gsionot leach for hc he'd have a new record 0-12 in the acc division!!!!

Aight after youre finished laughing your *** off point out the years they put out above after recruiting classes. It’s a program with a .500 record that’s used to mediocrity. There’s never been a time they’ve been above average At anything until now.

Of course they are use to mediocrity. That is why they hired Leach. No big time program would touch a guy that can't recruit.

I just pointed them out to you. They landed tons of talent between the 80s and 90s. They where putting out WAY more draft picks that Leach was which means, they were landing more talent. Are you really trying to say putting out 4-6 kids in the draft on a regular basis is not "above average"?

I never said WSU is a powerhouse program. I just pointed out that when you have an actual good coach there, you can land talent. Being at WSU is not an excuse for Leach.

Advertisement
Of course they are use to mediocrity. That is why they hired Leach. No big time program would touch a guy that can't recruit.

I just pointed them out to you. They landed tons of talent between the 80s and 90s. They where putting out WAY more draft picks that Leach was which means, they were landing more talent. Are you really trying to say putting out 4-6 kids in the draft on a regular basis is not "above average"?

I never said WSU is a powerhouse program. I just pointed out that when you have an actual good coach there, you can land talent. Being at WSU is not an excuse for Leach.

Respect your outlook, but I’m just a bit skeptical of WSU ever recruiting above average talent. Would be willing to eat crow if you can prove any history of above average recruiting other than just citing 80s and 90s.

Respect your outlook, but I’m just a bit skeptical of WSU ever recruiting above average talent. Would be willing to eat crow if you can prove any history of above average recruiting other than just citing 80s and 90s.

Just look at the drafts from players recruited by Price and Erickson and compare them to the drafts by Leach.

Pumping out 4-6 draft picks a year is "above average recruiting".

Leach is good at the rare art of player evaluation. Same thing that once built Miami unless you think actually Butch Davis was landing 5 star recruits.
  • Over the last four years, WSU has more Pac-12 wins (26) than anyone other than Stanford (27).
  • Over the last four years, WSU is tied for 11th nationally among Power 5 teams for most wins overall (37).

"Cougs posted a program-record 11 wins in 2018 despite the fewest returning starters (9) in the Pac-12, along with a revamped coaching staff featuring six new assistants. Leach and Co. also must be applauded for their recruiting evaluation abilities.

But just as surely, WSU’s recruiting classes have been undervalued. There’s no way around it given the last four seasons. Based on the 247Sports roster talent composite over the past two season, when measuring wins over “more talented” teams, WSU leads the Pac-12 by a huge margin with 13 victories. The next closest has a distant 5 wins (Utah, Cal)."

Long story short- relative to the star rating, WSU has nearly triple the wins to compared to more talented teams in their conference. Remind me again how Miami has fared against teams that have lower star ratings?

Mike Leach would be considered by very few athletic directors because of the player abuse scandal at Texas Tech. He actually is extremely lucky to have gotten another head coaching job. Mark Mangino and Jim Leavitt still haven’t gotten a head coaching job a whole decade after their similar player abuse scandals.

I think Leach is overrated (especially by this website), and the Miami admin would never consider him.

Advertisement
Mike Leach would be considered by very few athletic directors because of the player abuse scandal at Texas Tech. He actually is extremely lucky to have gotten another head coaching job. Mark Mangino and Jim Leavitt still haven’t gotten a head coaching job a whole decade after their similar player abuse scandals.

I think Leach is overrated (especially by this website), and the Miami admin would never consider him.

Butch Davis would be considered by very few ADs because of the scandal at UNC. Miami admin would never consider him. Is he overrated by this website as well?

Leach is good at the rare art of player evaluation. Same thing that once built Miami unless you think actually Butch Davis was landing 5 star recruits.
  • Over the last four years, WSU has more Pac-12 wins (26) than anyone other than Stanford (27).
  • Over the last four years, WSU is tied for 11th nationally among Power 5 teams for most wins overall (37).

"Cougs posted a program-record 11 wins in 2018 despite the fewest returning starters (9) in the Pac-12, along with a revamped coaching staff featuring six new assistants. Leach and Co. also must be applauded for their recruiting evaluation abilities.

But just as surely, WSU’s recruiting classes have been undervalued. There’s no way around it given the last four seasons. Based on the 247Sports roster talent composite over the past two season, when measuring wins over “more talented” teams, WSU leads the Pac-12 by a huge margin with 13 victories. The next closest has a distant 5 wins (Utah, Cal)."

Long story short- relative to the star rating, WSU has nearly triple the wins to compared to more talented teams in their conference. Remind me again how Miami has fared against teams that have lower star ratings?

Eveidently, another WSU coach was even better at player evaluation since he pumped out WAY more NFL players than Leach could even dream of doing, at the same school.

Anyone other than Stanford LMFAO as if David Shaw is some sort of Titan. He just got his schit pushed in by a g5 school.

The pac-12 is a complete joke right now. They might as well be a G5 conf. They are even worse than the ACC.

I am not even talking about star ratings. I am talking about elite talent. Draft picks, top players, etc. He is not able to bring them into WSU.

I don't even know why you keep bringing Manny into this. I think Manny sucks too. I agree with you that Leach is better than Manny, so no need to argue that point. However, that doesn't make him a good coach, and he is certainly not a good recruiter.

Mike Price schit on Leach when it came to recruiting and he was at the same school. Mike Price had better seasons than Leach and that was when the Pac-12 was actually respectable.

Advertisement
Prediction: Colorado offers buyout based on Buffalos comment, signaling by Leach, he wants out. After Enos leaves for HC in a year or two, Is OC/QB at the U a lateral move for Leach from HC WSU? Step down? Step up?

Advertisement
Back