Aaaargh! The Pirate wins...

If Miami had scheduled two FCS teams to start the season, they'd be 2-0 now.

Actually, Leach lost to FCS teams in both 2015 and 2016.

He then proceeded to get all kinds of praise for turning those seasons around.

Advertisement
He built the rosters. You act like he was forced to recruit like that. WSU has won the pac-12 in the past and recruited at a much higher level than Leach has ever even came close to. People says "BUT ITZ WSU, YOU CAN'T CROOT GUD THERE", but that is straight BS. The last 2 coaches just sucked and their current coach sucks at recruiting.
“Attention Don Chaney, Jr.... Coach Leach is here to see you in the Belen Athletic Department office...”

18135DDB-3764-4D15-BFA8-ABEB713225FA.gif

He built the rosters. You act like he was forced to recruit like that. WSU has won the pac-12 in the past and recruited at a much higher level than Leach has ever even came close to. People says "BUT ITZ WSU, YOU CAN'T CROOT GUD THERE", but that is straight BS. The last 2 coaches just sucked and their current coach sucks at recruiting.

So when did Washington state recruit at a high level?

The last time they won the conference they had the 10th class in the pac 12 that year

Leach never had a losing season in his entire time at Texas Tech. His 2nd season at WSU he led them to their first bowl game in 10 years. In 2018, Leach led WSU to a school record 11 wins. They've been playing football at WSU since 1893, and their best season of all time was led by Coach Michael Charles Leach in 2018. Meanwhile at Miami, we finished one game over .500
they have a 12-13 game regular season with a possible bowl game these days. Just because they won “the most games in school history” doesn’t mean it was their most successful season. They won the Alamo bowl and didn’t play in a major bowl. I think the years where they played in the rose bowl 1998 and 2003 would be considered more successful seasons. Leach just has more games against ****tier teams with today’s scheduling to win 11.[/QUOTE]

This is a ********* excuse that is pushed by the Leach slurpers because they had 2 terrible coaches before Leach. Price recruited fine at WSU. Leach just sucks at recruiting because he is a ******* weirdo.
I can’t believe we agree on something but I think you’re spot on here. WSU played 2 rose bowls while price was there and was 2 Charles Woodson plays away from beating Michigan in the 98 rose bowl. You can get talent and beat UW if you’re a good coach. Leach hasn’t come close to beating UW

Also the UW staff even said they barely prepare for WSU anymore. They said it’s the exact same system and plays they’ve been defending since 2011. Imagine thst

Advertisement
I can’t believe we agree on something but I think you’re spot on here. WSU played 2 rose bowls while price was there and was 2 Charles Woodson plays away from beating Michigan in the 98 rose bowl. You can get talent and beat UW if you’re a good coach. Leach hasn’t come close to beating UW

Also the UW staff even said they barely prepare for WSU anymore. They said it’s the exact same system and plays they’ve been defending since 2011. Imagine thst

LOL! Appreciate it man. I am shocked too, but when you are right you are right.

So when did Washington state recruit at a high level?

The last time they won the conference they had the 10th class in the pac 12 that year

LMFAO if you are using the rating systems to judge recruiting classes 20 years later. WSU was putting out tons of NFL players before Leach. In the 80s and 90s when they had good recruiting coaches they where regularly putting out 4-6 kids a year into the NFL. Leach hasn't had more than 2 kids drafted in a class.

Donofrio **** down Leach's offense. Coley couldn't muster more than 20 points to beat them.

Advertisement
Dont be an ***.

I would apply that label to a person who accuses another person of being a drunk without offering proof.

I recall one time when I was in the Marines I was once up for 3 straight days for a field exercise and drove home. I should not have been behind the wheel but figured enough coffee would wake me up for the 35 min drive. These are the days long before Uber. Hadn't had a drop of alcohol. Next thing I know, I'm pulled over about 3 blocks from my house. I was slurring my speech and barely coherent. Cop said I had driven straight through 3 red lights. I had no idea. Cop asked if I'd been drinking and I said no, I'd been in the field for 3 days and was trying to get home to sleep. I I think the cop was former military and understood, he drove in front of me until I got to my house. Again, all the characteristics of being drunk, yet hadn't had a drop. So what proof do you have that Leach was actually drunk, as opposed to just being loopy after being up for 2-3 straight days as is rather common in his profession?

Advertisement
I would apply that label to a person who accuses another person of being a drunk without offering proof.

I recall one time when I was in the Marines I was once up for 3 straight days for a field exercise and drove home. I should not have been behind the wheel but figured enough coffee would wake me up for the 35 min drive. These are the days long before Uber. Hadn't had a drop of alcohol. Next thing I know, I'm pulled over about 3 blocks from my house. I was slurring my speech and barely coherent. Cop said I had driven straight through 3 red lights. I had no idea. Cop asked if I'd been drinking and I said no, I'd been in the field for 3 days and was trying to get home to sleep. I I think the cop was former military and understood, he drove in front of me until I got to my house. Again, all the characteristics of being drunk, yet hadn't had a drop. So what proof do you have that Leach was actually drunk, as opposed to just being loopy after being up for 2-3 straight days as is rather common in his profession?

People I trust relayed this information. Multiple sources. If you dont want to accept it fine.

If you think I dont want Leach here because of it youre mistaken but Leach interviewed REALLY poorly and stunk of alcohol. Take it or leave it I really dont care either way. People talking about other coaches after game 3 should stop logging on to this site.

People I trust relayed this information. Multiple sources. If you dont want to accept it fine.

If you think I dont want Leach here because of it youre mistaken but Leach interviewed REALLY poorly and stunk of alcohol. Take it or leave it I really dont care either way. People talking about other coaches after game 3 should stop logging on to this site.

I'm curious- where you watching Miami football when Dennis Erickson was hired? If so, do you remember any details of the criticism?

I'm curious- where you watching Miami football when Dennis Erickson was hired? If so, do you remember any details of the criticism?

Dennis was an alcoholic.

Look I think Leach would murder down here with his offense. Im just saying what I heard from people Ive known for a very long time.

Advertisement
Dennis was an alcoholic.

Look I think Leach would murder down here with his offense. Im just saying what I heard from people Ive known for a very long time.

Perhaps, but the Erickson criticism had little to do with alcohol. It was that he ran a finesse offense that didn't emphasize power running and his only "success" was 1 appearance in the aloha bowl.

Leach never had a losing season in his entire time at Texas Tech. His 2nd season at WSU he led them to their first bowl game in 10 years. In 2018, Leach led WSU to a school record 11 wins. They've been playing football at WSU since 1893, and their best season of all time was led by Coach Michael Charles Leach in 2018. Meanwhile at Miami, we finished one game over .500

You're leaving a lot of facts out of this to case-build for Leach, who I've followed his entire career with the Cougs due to a close friend who grew up and Spokane and graduated from Washington State.

— Went to a bowl his second season and then went 3-9 again his third year. He's also 2-3 in the post-season over seven years.

— 1997 was Washington State's best season ever—10-2, won the Pac-10, went to the Rose Bowl and fell to No. 1 Michigan; the Wolverines going on to split the national championship. Wazzu finished No. 9 in 1997 and No. 10 in 2018—getting the Rose Bowl and winning the conference making 1997 a better season than 2018.

— All that praise you leap on Leach, you conveniently leave out that just like that 1997 team who had a Heisman candidate in Ryan Leaf, the 2018 Cougars picked up transfer Gardner Minshew, who turned out to be one of the biggest surprise stories of college football last year; destined to be a back-up at Alabama (to pave a way to career in coaching), a ripple effect that started with the graduation of starting quarterback Luke Falk, the suicide of Tyler Hilinksi, Leach's buddy Hal Mumme down in Mississippi knowing of Minchew and telling Leach he'd be a perfect fit for the Air Raid offense—Minchew winning the starting job and becoming an instant folk hero last season, complete with Heisman-worhty numbers.

— What a coincidence; Washington State's best two years were when they had the best quarterback play the program has ever seen. "Meanwhile in Miami", the Canes were stuck with Malik Rosier ... the worst starting quarterback the program has seen since Kirby Freeman.

Washington State would've been a 7-5 or 8-4 team in 2018 without Gardner Minshew — while Miami would've been 10-2 with good quarterback play. Your case-building praise of Leach rings hollow by completely burying the fact Minshew fell into his lap and had a superstar season; enough to put his coaching dream off as he got drafted in April and actually started for the Jacksonville Jaguars today; week two of the new NFL season.

Mike Leach is a fine offensive mind and is a perfect fit in a low-expectations football city like Pullman, Washington. His quirky-*** ways wouldn't last two seconds in the pressure cooker that is Miami. Dude found the perfect-fit job for who he, how he rolls and in regards to the athletic department support and laid back nature of the fans in the Pacific Northwest; where they're pleasantly surprised if anything good happens football-wise as they've been a perennial Pac-10 / Pac-12 doormat for decades.

Even if basketball, they had Tony Bennett for seven seasons—four as an assistant and three as a head coach who put them on the map, en route to taking the job at Virginia.

Leach is a guy that is a good fit in Pullman and actually won't use Wazzu as a stepping stone, Keeping him and things being "good enough" is all that's expected up there.

Even though he runs successful offenses, you Leachies have to admit that he’s a weird dude and the thought of Leach walking into SoFlo living rooms with a U on his shirt is cringe-worthy.
....or walking in with a Patch on his eye, and a parrot on his shoulder....

Advertisement
Back