Aaaargh! The Pirate wins...

Leach would not do well at Miami. He would bring nothing to the recruiting table and the players wouldn't execute his offense.

Advertisement
His defense at Washington St have been good

And that coordinator got the F out of there as soon as humanly possible. Throughout his career, Leach has rarely had competent defenses, much less good ones. You don't win titles by paying little attention to one side of the ball.

Advertisement
Leach never had a losing season in his entire time at Texas Tech. His 2nd season at WSU he led them to their first bowl game in 10 years. In 2018, Leach led WSU to a school record 11 wins. LEACH ALSO HAS NEVER WON A DIVISION/CONFERENCE TITLE They've been playing football at WSU since 1893, and their best season of all time was led by Coach Michael Charles Leach in 2018. Meanwhile at Miami, we finished one game over .500

Richt never had a losing season his entire time at Georgia. His second season at Miami he led them to their first bowl game win in 10 years and first division win in school history. Did I get that right?
Sounds about right but you left out something......Leach has never won a division/conference title.........

Leach is what he is. A guy who can make a crappy program decent. But never really win anything of significance. Why people would want to hire a coach who never runs the ball at running back U makes no sense to me. "He'd win with Miami talent!!!" What talent? He's proven he has no interest in recruiting. He won 11 games last year and finished second to last in pac12 recruiting. Do you think all of the sudden he'd pull star recruits here? Most likely, we'd win 8 or 9 games a year with USF level talent while never signing a running back over 2 stars ever again.

Leach is what he is. A guy who can make a crappy program decent. But never really win anything of significance. Why people would want to hire a coach who never runs the ball at running back U makes no sense to me. "He'd win with Miami talent!!!" What talent? He's proven he has no interest in recruiting. He won 11 games last year and finished second to last in pac12 recruiting. Do you think all of the sudden he'd pull star recruits here? Most likely, we'd win 8 or 9 games a year with USF level talent while never signing a running back over 2 stars ever again.
C'mon bro, ain't nobody doing more with less than Leach. Not a shot at you but people kill me when they question coaches recruiting abilities at these crappy schools like WSU and fiu. People say crap like, " If Mario ( now Butch ) was such a great recruiter then why come he couldn't get any 4 and 5 stars at FIU? " knowing **** well ain't no blue chip player going to FIU for free, even if Saban was the coach! Same goes for Washington state .

Advertisement

If we started lighting up scoreboards it wouldn’t be hard to have great talent here.

Over a decade now and this boards too stubbourn for Leach. All the top coordinators in the nation are all from his tree by now.

If we started lighting up scoreboards it wouldn’t be hard to have great talent here.

Over a decade now and this boards too stubbourn for Leach. All the top coordinators in the nation are all from his tree by now.
He's been scoring oodles of points for a long time. Still can't sign anyone. Why do you think he would all of the sudden be able to recruit? Players in south Florida want to play in the NFL. Leach has put like 3 dudes in the league his entire career.

C'mon bro, ain't nobody doing more with less than Leach. Not a shot at you but people kill me when they question coaches recruiting abilities at these crappy schools like WSU and fiu. People say crap like, " If Mario ( now Butch ) was such a great recruiter then why come he couldn't get any 4 and 5 stars at FIU? " knowing **** well ain't no blue chip player going to FIU for free, even if Saban was the coach! Same goes for Washington state .
I hear you but I'm comparing him to the rest of the pac 12 and outside of USC, and maybe Oregon, none of those schools recruit at an elite level. Leach got out recruited by everyone in that conference besides Oregon State. And that was following his best ever season on the field. It's not that he's not elite, he's plain terrible at recruiting.

Advertisement
Leach is exactly the kind of coach this program would go after - a guy who won’t win the division, conference, or a championship but will win 7-10 games a year consistently.

If Richt could have set aside the nepotism and ego and hired a guy like Enos to be the OC/QB coach we’d be sailing today.

I think Manny will eventually be a good HC and I agree Leach is a better coach but everyone wants this program to “be back”. Leach’s ceiling is lower than the Richt years we just got out of.

He's been scoring oodles of points for a long time. Still can't sign anyone. Why do you think he would all of the sudden be able to recruit? Players in south Florida want to play in the NFL. Leach has put like 3 dudes in the league his entire career.
Of course he aint signing no top 25 class, he's at Wazzu bro! Get him at the U and surround him with good recruiters and he'd wreak havoc at UM. We got waayyyyy more talent than Wazzu but what good is having a bunch of blue chippers if they ain't getting coached up?

I live on the west coast and although bruh ain’t caring for recruiting like he should, no one wants to go to that school lol. Nor does he needs 4/5 star recruits to win as you stated above. If he is at a big time school kids will come because his offense would get more exposure. No one cares for that school, all they can pull is scraps and juco kids.

Advertisement
Have any of you ever been to Pullman, WA?

Easily one of the hardest recruiting spots for a power 5 team, if not the hardest.

Not saying he what he brings would work in Coral Gables, but what he's doing at Wazzu shouldn't be understated.

What evidence do you have of this. His Texas Tech and Washington St rosters?

He built the rosters. You act like he was forced to recruit like that. WSU has won the pac-12 in the past and recruited at a much higher level than Leach has ever even came close to. People says "BUT ITZ WSU, YOU CAN'T CROOT GUD THERE", but that is straight BS. The last 2 coaches just sucked and their current coach sucks at recruiting.

Even though he runs successful offenses, you Leachies have to admit that he’s a weird dude and the thought of Leach walking into SoFlo living rooms with a U on his shirt is cringe-worthy.

Texas Tech was a 6-8 win program under Spike Dykes. Leach improved them on average by 1-2 games per year. He also dumbed down their OOC schedule. Outside of a couple of big years, TTU was an also ran in the Big XII.

This. I've always found Leach to be a bit overrated. His non-con schedules at Texas Tech were atrocious, and he never made them that nationally relevant except for one week in 2008. Which crashed down pretty quickly after the 65-21 loss to OU.

Advertisement
Back