A subtle message to everyone that bad mouths a kid.

Advertisement
You're not really making a point. As you said, not all kids pull the nonsense and I'd venture to say those aren't the kids/families whining about people posting negative stuff about them, and I've already so much as said this. If you handle yourself with class you'll generally receive the same. Of course there are always exceptions. If you can't understand that video as showing disrespect then I suggest you freshen up your vocabulary.

Is it a big deal? No. But don't come crying if some Miami fans throw some shade at you on social media. You've invited it. It's not all grown men as you're making it out to be. It's his peers and any age group.
My point is clear, fans can be entirely too sensitive. Remember how Cleveland fans reacted to lebrons decision..acting like the man hurt they souls
“Freshen my vocabulary”?? Lol It’s disrespectful cause he took his Miami shirt off for Tennessee ? Like I said it’s not that deep. It’s like ppl who yell crazy disrespectful **** at players. Point is it’s mostly grown *** ppl doing that **** behind the security of a stadium or in this case behind keyboards.

We had a poster the other day make a whole thread about his new neighbor wearing gator socks and therefore he wasnt going to offer him a hand in moving🤣

I wish one of the high profile recruits just screen shot and show the crazy **** ppl say on they TL or They DMs

No problem from me with him going to Tennessee, but you're missing the point. If kids, parents, whomever want to complain about the heat from social media, don't do be disrespectful in the first place. These are all universities pitching their best to give you or your kid an enormous opportunity in life and get it thrown in their faces all too often.

This isn't even directed at Lawrence, but the OP in general. You can't cry at internet trolls if you are one yourself.
:roll-canes2:

My point is clear, fans can be entirely too sensitive. Remember how Cleveland fans reacted to lebrons decision..acting like the man hurt they souls
“Freshen my vocabulary”?? Lol It’s disrespectful cause he took his Miami shirt off for Tennessee ? Like I said it’s not that deep. It’s like ppl who yell crazy disrespectful **** at players. Point is it’s mostly grown *** ppl doing that **** behind the security of a stadium or in this case behind keyboards.

We had a poster the other day make a whole thread about his new neighbor wearing gator socks and therefore he wasnt going to offer him a hand in moving🤣

I wish one of the high profile recruits just screen shot and show the crazy **** ppl say on they TL or They DMs

You're talking extremes. And even in the case of LeBron he had to make some big dumb spectacle about The Decision. Fans will always *****, so why invite more of it? If you want to invite more overreactions then you can't double down and whine about it.

You're talking extremes. And even in the case of LeBron he had to make some big dumb spectacle about The Decision. Fans will always *****, so why invite more of it? If you want to invite more overreactions then you can't double down and whine about it.
So raising money for the boys and girls club at a local center is making a big dumb spectacle. Too me the grown *** fans who cried over a professional decision look way worse than the man using his platform he was blessed with to give back... so your basically saying non of the kids decisions should be televised or they shouldn’t put it out on social Media. They should keep it under wraps to protect the feelings of dumb *** fans who get they feeling hurt then jump on twitter or whatever to berate a 17 yr old..but **** maybe I’m built differently, I miss the **** outta the ncaa football series but I’m not on twitter bashing obannon lol

Advertisement
So you get it bu5 you4 em
I can only imagine how that must feel.
But no one forced anyone to play football at a high level and get all on social media. It’s unfortunately the way society is now.
It’s only going to get worse from here.
People give Lebrun heat worse than anyone in college and he’s one of the GOATSs.
Wanna play at a high level or go to school at a top program? It’s going to happen. It just is.
So you get it but your empathy lasts one sentence But “society” is the problem.... lol

So raising money for the boys and girls club at a local center is making a big dumb spectacle. Too me the grown *** fans who cried over a professional decision look way worse than the man using his platform he was blessed with to give back... so your basically saying non of the kids decisions should be televised or they shouldn’t put it out on social Media. They should keep it under wraps to protect the feelings of dumb *** fans who get they feeling hurt then jump on twitter or whatever to berate a 17 yr old..but **** maybe I’m built differently, I miss the **** outta the ncaa football series but I’m not on twitter bashing obannon lol

Nowhere did I say these kids shouldn't have their moment, it's life changing.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the ONLY way LeBron could've raised money for charity.

Nowhere did I say these kids shouldn't have their moment, it's life changing.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the ONLY way LeBron could've raised money for charity.
But they shouldn’t disrespect a school by taking off the shirt in place of the other?..that’s just taking it too far

The point with the lebron is that he had a platform for that summer. Everyone in the sports world had eyes on where was lebron going to play. So why not take that opportunity and help other with. How can u be mad about the broadcast proceeds going to charity?

Y’all do realize not all these kids “chase bags”. Not only that, stop acting like the adults who hide behind twitter and say outlandish things are doing it because in the back of their mind they thinking about kids taking bags. They do it because they can’t seem to separate the same emotions teenage girls have..which is the sad part really
H
So you get it bu5 you4 em

So you get it but your empathy lasts one sentence But “society” is the problem.... lol
i don’t have social media.
I follow it here and there. But if I did I am absolutely not tweeting at a kid. But social media has made it easy for anyone to just slam anyone for any reason and be a far away bully with no consequences. So I am empathetic as a parent. But as a parent I would try to educate my son that choices and words that he chooses and promises he makes have consequences. Maybe some of these parents have done the same. But kids will Only take some of the advice you give. However, these kids need to realize that they are in the public spotlight and criticism will come regardless. But criticism with vitriol will come of you handle things poorly.
I would also prepare my child since he is entering into a lifestyle we’re he will be criticized and judged for everything he does right or wrong.
What if he misses a tackle or drops a pass to cost a game? Before all a player had to do was not watch tv or not read the paper. Now he has news sites and twitter, IG, full of memes and gifs to beat down every wrong move he makes right on his phone. That’s the part of society i was talking about. So yes I feel empathy, but kids and families have to realize it’s only going to get worse as their child’s football career progresses. That’s just reality. So sorry if I am not empathetic enough for your taste.

Advertisement
But they shouldn’t disrespect a school by taking off the shirt in place of the other?..that’s just taking it too far

The point with the lebron is that he had a platform for that summer. Everyone in the sports world had eyes on where was lebron going to play. So why not take that opportunity and help other with. How can u be mad about the broadcast proceeds going to charity?

I never said personally it's too far. I said that doing so will invite the trash talk. This is just fact.

LeBron has said himself if he could he would've handled The Decision differently.

Last edited:
The pussifaction of America. Everybody skin is so thin **** 😭😭
Yep. It's like people dont realize all these grown *** men who have nothing better to do with their lives than make a child feel horrible about themselves, weren't already those same pieces of **** before social media gave those losers the platform to show it... pussification indeed.

I see your point of view and respect it. This weekend in my humble opinion we saw both sides of how to handle a recruitment. I am not just saying this cause mom’s is on this site. But Elijah Roberts handle his recruitment with class and dignity. He didn’t make a video trolling USCe who he just visited. He didn’t lie to peoples faces telling them he was interested when he just wanted a free vacation. He didn’t disrespect a coaching staff and fan base that all they did was show him love. I am sure Elijah Roberts is getting a lot less vitriol than Keshawn Lawrence right now. Whatever you put out in the atmosphere you get right back. That’s my two cents and you can keep the change!!!!!

Yep. It's like people dont realize all these grown *** men who have nothing better to do with their lives than make a child feel horrible about themselves, weren't already those same pieces of **** before social media gave those losers the platform to show it... pussification indeed.
You have to train a child up for this vicious world and not pacify them. I agree with you on the grown men attacking children. They fit into that pussification as well. I've grown to expect that and so should our children.

Advertisement

That's great and all, and I agree people shouldn't be attacking the kids. At the same time, all of you fathers, mothers, uncles, handlers etc. that are so "protective" of your kids....how about teaching your kids to handle themselves with respect, class, and grace? So many of you seem to encourage some of the trolling, disrespect, and classless behavior that a good number of recruits seem to think makes them "cool" or "edgy." Take some responsibility as the adults in their life.

But It’s really not that deep tho. Kid genuinely might’ve been interested but the best place for him in his eyes is Tennessee. I have no problem with it. And the coaches need to stay on him cause things change. Maybe mom didn’t want him too far from home who knows..y’all stop taking **** personal
It's not that he chose Tennessee, it's the fact that he felt the need to disrespect Miami in the process. Choose Tennessee...if that's the best option for you, great. Hope you have a great career. But when Miami treated him with respect and gave him a great opportunity, don't disrespect them because you decide you'd rather take a different opportunity. You say stop taking it personal, but Lawrence is the one who MADE it personal with his trashy behavior. If you do something that screams "look at me, I'm so edgy", don't get upset when people respond negatively.

Advertisement
It's not that he chose Tennessee, it's the fact that he felt the need to disrespect Miami in the process. Choose Tennessee...if that's the best option for you, great. Hope you have a great career. But when Miami treated him with respect and gave him a great opportunity, don't disrespect them because you decide you'd rather take a different opportunity. You say stop taking it personal, but Lawrence is the one who MADE it personal with his trashy behavior. If you do something that screams "look at me, I'm so edgy", don't get upset when people respond negatively.
By taking off the Miami t-shirt..that was just wayyy over the top eh

I never said personally it's too far. I said that doing so will invite the trash talk. This is just fact.

LeBron has said himself if he could he would've handled The Decision differently.
Lebron shouldn’t feel that way. And I think that deep down he dgaf. And shouldn’t. Grown ppl crying about his professional decision is they own personal problem..just like the adults hurts over a kid taking off they favorite teams shirt

When shaq went to visit FSU and flashed the U at they camp yall praised that ****..but god forbid a kid take of the Miami T-shirt in a commitment vid

Adult that publicly labels himself "fatherofballers" whines that some people might actually hold his ballers accountable for their public behavior. Seems to me like daddy is instilling an attitude in his ballers that might border on them thinking they can do or say anything and that they should never be taken to task for it.

Look, obviously there are lunatics in every fanbase and there definitely are those that take their comments about 17 and 18 yr old kids 10000x too far but the overall breadth of blowback a kid (or his family/"mentors") might receive is almost always reciprocal to how they carried themselves up to and through NSD.

Act a fool and you're gonna get A LOT of nastiness back. Act at least somewhat dignified and you'll probably only be hearing mean words from the waste of life fans that you shouldn't care about anyway.

Advertisement
Back