A question and the quandary for Manny Diaz....

I hate on Manny for a lot of things but is one of them really that he doesn’t play younger players?

We play a lot of young guys.

Taylor is really the only one I can’t fathom. I would like to see Hall lose time to some of the younger safeties but is it really that cut and dry?

Advertisement
Sex Ed Hannah GIF by HannahWitton

I find myself coming to this forum these days just for entertainment, not to enjoy hurricane football and talk about it.

that right there, that's enough to tell you everything. I didn't even watch the game last night, watched the first 4 plays then laughed then shut the game off.

I mean that's some real #becausejaguars type **** right there, my faith in the program and in hurricane football is hysteria at this moment.

Advertisement
I predict we look impressive against msu and beat by by a few scores.
Won’t mean “we’re back” or “manny has fixed things” I just think we match up really well against them.
This board will be full of simps in full force going “where are the manny haters now??????”
What makes you think we match up well with MSU? They are physical at the point of attack and unless something changes in a big way, they will maul us.

The Diaz defense is fundamentally unsound but generally should be good enough to keep Michigan St to under 27 points. They gave up 15 to App State, though it feels like they have up 40. The big question is can Lashlee find a way to score 30? Why Miami is having so much trouble putting points on the board despite having a QB that ran or passed for over 50 TDs a couple years back is baffling.

I find myself coming to this forum these days just for entertainment, not to enjoy hurricane football and talk about it.

that right there, that's enough to tell you everything. I didn't even watch the game last night, watched the first 4 plays then laughed then shut the game off.

I mean that's some real #becausejaguars type **** right there, my faith in the program and in hurricane football is hysteria at this moment.

same here, I use this as cheap group therapy -- and for some laughs

Advertisement
He needs to make the best players play all the time until they are tired or other packages require additional position personnel. And by that i mean talent wise. DJ Ivey should be 4th string, so too Jennings. 1 play and you're out. If players are not drinking oxygen why are they sitting on the side line. Why are James Williams, Chase Smith and Leonard Taylor sitting on the bench? This is a time of transfers, play the talent and let the none talent transfer. By this rate our best talent are gonna transfer. Whatever they are doing is even too complicated for SRs to execute consistently so why exactly should we expect true FR to pick it up. Thats on the coaches.

Advertisement
He needs to make the best players play all the time until they are tired or other packages require additional position personnel. And by that i mean talent wise. DJ Ivey should be 4th string, so too Jennings. 1 play and you're out. If players are not drinking oxygen why are they sitting on the side line. Why are James Williams, Chase Smith and Leonard Taylor sitting on the bench? This is a time of transfers, play the talent and let the none talent transfer. By this rate our best talent are gonna transfer. Whatever they are doing is even too complicated for SRs to execute consistently so why exactly should we expect true FR to pick it up. Thats on the coaches.

in the era of the transfer portal, guys get restless sooner than ever. I really think Manny is playing with fire, here...

You know the answer to this and it’s a resounding NO! Manny has shown you who he is and hasn’t once put in the younger more talented players over the less talented upperclassmen in the 6 years he’s been here.
Every year we keep saying this very same statement. At what point do we come to terms with the fact that there is no player development with our coaching staff because our coaching staff sucks?

Just a question: do we beat Mich St? Ive seen them, under Mel Tucker in their second year they looked improved. And they have a running back in Kenneth Walker that they will pound at the soft UM defense over and over again. And they have a competent QB that can deliver the ball consistently to some guys on the perimeter that look to have some speed.

But here's what I really want to know, should Manny Diaz start making the youth movement, and really work in the more talented (albeit unproven younger players into the rotation) and let them take their lumps and learn/grow into bigger roles, much like Butch Davis was forced to do in 97 and 99 which then paid dividends later.

Ive had enough of seeing certain players, no need to single them out ad naseum you know who they are. But I want to see the fresh blood and see what we have

The quandary is that Diaz if not officially on the hot seat (after all, Blake is in his corner like Mickey with Rocky Balboa), in his own mind has to realize that the walls are starting to close in on him and he's lost a significant portion of the fan base. I spoke with one Golden Cane last night who is now fed up. He had previously been a pretty staunch supporter of his

So does a coach feeling the heat have the guts to go with the youth movement and actually build for a future? -- a future he may not be a part off
LOL

Starting at MLB for UM vs MSU will be number fuqing 44. We know it you know it the world knows it number 44 knows it.

Advertisement
I don’t think Manny has the stones to bench a player other than for injury, especially after two games.

“That’s what Manny Diaz does to people.”

Manny can't fix this k9cane. What you've seen since Manny arrived is what you're going to continue to see. He has replaced the defensive staff entirely, and we still can't tackle or stop misdirection runs. He's replaced the offensive staff, and we still are inconsistent and pedestrian there also. Not denying player issues, but Blake and Manny are bigger issues.

Manny has changed everyone around him but has yet to change himself. At this point, I don't think he's capable of either seeing that or doing anything about it.

ahem....

seeing him on the sideline today, he looked like a guy who had the realization that he is in over his head

Advertisement
Back