A question and the quandary for Manny Diaz....

k9cane

Senior
Just a question: do we beat Mich St? Ive seen them, under Mel Tucker in their second year they looked improved. And they have a running back in Kenneth Walker that they will pound at the soft UM defense over and over again. And they have a competent QB that can deliver the ball consistently to some guys on the perimeter that look to have some speed.

But here's what I really want to know, should Manny Diaz start making the youth movement, and really work in the more talented (albeit unproven younger players into the rotation) and let them take their lumps and learn/grow into bigger roles, much like Butch Davis was forced to do in 97 and 99 which then paid dividends later.

Ive had enough of seeing certain players, no need to single them out ad naseum you know who they are. But I want to see the fresh blood and see what we have

The quandary is that Diaz if not officially on the hot seat (after all, Blake is in his corner like Mickey with Rocky Balboa), in his own mind has to realize that the walls are starting to close in on him and he's lost a significant portion of the fan base. I spoke with one Golden Cane last night who is now fed up. He had previously been a pretty staunch supporter of his

So does a coach feeling the heat have the guts to go with the youth movement and actually build for a future? -- a future he may not be a part off

Advertisement
Just a question: do we beat Mich St? Ive seen them, under Mel Tucker in their second year they looked improved. And they have a running back in Kenneth Walker that they will pound at the soft UM defense over and over again. And they have a competent QB that can deliver the ball consistently to some guys on the perimeter that look to have some speed.

But here's what I really want to know, should Manny Diaz start making the youth movement, and really work in the more talented (albeit unproven younger players into the rotation) and let them take their lumps and learn/grow into bigger roles, much like Butch Davis was forced to do in 97 and 99 which then paid dividends later.

Ive had enough of seeing certain players, no need to single them out ad naseum you know who they are. But I want to see the fresh blood and see what we have

The quandary is that Diaz if not officially on the hot seat (after all, Blake is in his corner like Mickey with Rocky Balboa), in his own mind has to realize that the walls are starting to close in on him and he's lost a significant portion of the fan base. I spoke with one Golden Cane last night who is now fed up. He had previously been a pretty staunch supporter of his

So does a coach feeling the heat have the guts to go with the youth movement and actually build for a future? -- a future he may not be a part off
Yes but he won’t. I’d actually argue going youth would buy him more time and expand those walls a bit. “Look, we are playing the young guys that our staff recruited to be a part of this culture and bleeding them in to be leaders for the next 3-4 years.” Of course it would be bull**** since he has been here for six years, but to the majority it would be a nice sounding clip and idea.

You know the answer to this and it’s a resounding NO! Manny has shown you who he is and hasn’t once put in the younger more talented players over the less talented upperclassmen in the 6 years he’s been here. What makes you all of a sudden think he will now? And I’m glad he doesn’t because I want him to continue to hang himself and Blake on The field as quickly and painlessly as possible. And playing the young players might extend the inevitable and that’s not good for the future of this program. This team sucks under Diaz I’m year 3, with a 6 year QB and a team full of experience and future nfl payers. What makes anyone think next year will be better when a lot of that leaves? Smh whatever gets Diaz and Blake fired as quickly as possible is what’s good for this program. And god willing the softer family will be willing to pick up the tab for Mario again and will have a real MAN leading the Hecht like Alonzo highsmith. 🙏

I don’t think it matters what players are on the field until the D scheme changes. Same on the offensive side. Lashlee’s play calling has been abysmal at best. Neither are putting the players in a position to succeed.

Advertisement
he isn't goin to have much choice more injury goin to happen, might see it next game especially LB n RB

We (even under Manny) have beat average teams after disappointing losses. Nothing is set in stone.

MSU actually runs an offense similar to App State so the Canes will have their hands full once again, must cut down on the mistakes, penalties and red zone difficulties.

Advertisement

These are all manny’s guys. Vets…youth movement…don’t matter. He’s been here 6 years. He owns the entire defense and he’s responsible for at least 1/2 the offensive players

I predict we look impressive against msu and beat by by a few scores.
Won’t mean “we’re back” or “manny has fixed things” I just think we match up really well against them.
This board will be full of simps in full force going “where are the manny haters now??????”

Advertisement
I predict we look impressive against msu and beat by by a few scores.
Won’t mean “we’re back” or “manny has fixed things” I just think we match up really well against them.
This board will be full of simps in full force going “where are the manny haters now??????”
I predict they make us look bad by us not scoring.

Manny can't fix this k9cane. What you've seen since Manny arrived is what you're going to continue to see. He has replaced the defensive staff entirely, and we still can't tackle or stop misdirection runs. He's replaced the offensive staff, and we still are inconsistent and pedestrian there also. Not denying player issues, but Blake and Manny are bigger issues.

Manny has changed everyone around him but has yet to change himself. At this point, I don't think he's capable of either seeing that or doing anything about it.

Advertisement
He’s had his chance to hire a competent OC (2x).
He’s had his chance to hire a competent STC.
He’s had his chance to hire a competent DC (2x)
He’s had his chance to recruit competent players
He’s had his chance to show what he can do.

None of it worked.

Portal players were the bandaid and many of those guys covered up the enormous flaws this team had.

Hes been here 6 years and we had two decent years defensively (AL GOLDEN) recruits.

His story has already been written. It’s over. Just a matter of when. The *** whoopings are comin

year 3 the most experienced and talented team and we still look pedestrian at best. CMD teams look the same and opposing teams have figured out his tendencies and D scheme and he cannot adjust. we look weak physically absolutely no explosion at any position. a complete overhaul is needed starting with a cleansing of AD dept. blake and Carol gotta go do something else ASAP
maybe we hire A.Highsmith and dive him total control and make him AD as well.........over the last few HC's Shannon, Golden and now Diaz at the end of the year i always think we could play entire season and have completely different results....... we look so ordinary ......

I don't believe he will. Just like I don't believe he will ever let his defensive scheme go and evolve and hire the best DC possible. He thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. JMO

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back