A note on Zion Nelson

View as article
Zion, Cohen, Lee, Rivers, Mauigoa
This was my ideal line as well if zion was healthy. Then you have Cooper and Okunlola first off the bench. That's a solid group. Any worry that Okunlola would be upset if hes not starting right away? Obviously 3 of those guys are most likely gone after this year anyways so the opportunity would be there going forward for him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll say this. I saw a picture of Anez Cooper a day or two ago and he looks to be in tremendous shape.
Low key…Cooper is going to give Rivers all he can handle for that interior spot.

He was arguably our best O-lineman last season as a young pup. Rivers has played a little better than a JAG so far, albeit out of position.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I haven’t seen the new guys just yet (Campbell, Horton)…but Gore and the others…**** it.

You guys see them and decide.
Moten is the key IMO. Would be nice if he could give us starting caliber 1T snaps. We need him to be a solid rotational guy at worst. He looked good in the spring game/we heard some positive spring buzz on him, so I am cautiously optimistic. I think he’s one of the most important players on the team this year.

DT depth is obviously not where it needs to be. LT, Deen, JHH, Moten and then not much (and frankly JHH and Moten are question marks). Lichtenstein can maybe give you some serviceable snaps. Campbell is more of a hybrid type. Not confident Gore will be playable at this level. Mesidor can kick inside on some passing downs, but he’s our SDE.

EDIT: apologies for contributing to the thread derailment. Zion is healthy, let’s discuss DT depth 😂.

It would certainly be great to see him get back to it. That would be awesome for us, but more importantly for him.

His story here is one of the strangest and most secretive I remember though. That's from things I've read here and others I trust. I hope it turns into success and one day we get the entire story.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back