A note on Zion Nelson

View as article
Advertisement
Big difference from a day ago when his body couldn’t support his required weight. Thank you D$.
Just a day ago, you ask about Zion and only thing you would get is not sure if he will be able to play football, he has nerve issues, he has soft tissue issues, He cant walk right, he crawls to get around, etc. Now he is having a great summer and should be full go.. :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Incredible..

Either way this is GREAT news and another thing that makes me bullish on the offense, if we have one of better olines, what I am told is an NFL QB, weapons at TE, Deep RB room, I would assume a couple WR will step up in this scheme but Restrepo and Young have great chemistry with our "NFL QB".. This offense should light up scoreboards in this scheme..

Advertisement
Anyone at TAMU game saw our line, which probably included Justice O as a starter, push around a star studded SEC DL to the point we were a few yards short of two 100 yard rushers.

Injuries took a toll late and confidence was at all-time low among all players. No Zion last year probably added to that lack of confidence.

Infusion of talent and different scheme.

Gotta think that’ll make a big difference.

5-0 start and the OL and TVD will be the reason.

l
Because the WR still can’t shake free.

The DB’s are still a huge question mark.

There is no depth at DT.

Those are all huge questions that need to be answered. And we won’t know the answers until ACC play starts.

The schemes on offense and defense may help the WR/DB’s, but you can’t mask physicality on the LOS from the DT’s.

Even with average WR play any creative OC should be more than able to create a high-octane office with that offensive line, QB combo. Especially with the stable of running backs and TEs we are going into the season with.

IMO it will all come down to Mario staying out of Dawson’s way.

If he leaves the Offense alone we have the scheme & the weapons to put up 32-36 ppg game, especially against our weak *** schedule.

Put the fast players on the field, open it up & let them do their thing.

Slow power Football (for Miami) = L’s.

I’m not worried about the Offense, to me the biggest question mark is the CB Group & getting the correct personnel grouping on the field.

Advertisement
The primary question mark, in my opinion, on offense is whether we setup plays for the QB who already showed he can make certain plays, but struggles with some other types. Whether or not he’s developed some other aspects - like reading defenses or hitting more timing-based routes - is less important than whether we can just open up the field and simplify certain concepts for him to execute. Last year’s intermittent stubbornness - where TVD sometimes looked like he forgot how to play football - was beyond comprehension.
He has a slow clock, the quick game for him is hitches, rpo, bubble routes. **** like snag, spacing, stick had him uncomfortable, idk if it was a coaching thing but he wasn’t comfortable at all and that was the main thing that changed after the bye week and led to the big game vs unc

Advertisement
That potentially moves Jalen Rivers to RG and Anez Cooper as first off the bench. Many of you know I’ve raved about Cooper’s potential. That’s one **** of a 6th OL - someone who might be more impactful than a couple of the starters.

In combination with Mccoy, Samson, and ideally one other, what it really *might* do is protect us from falling off a cliff IF one or two injuries occur.
I didn’t watch much of the season after a certain point but if we took the stars and names away I think Cooper is the guy I’m going with over Rivers

Just have never seen Rivers do some of the mauling we saw from Cooper in limited time last year

But to your point however it shakes out, our depth was a disaster last year and this year should be totally different

Wouldn’t call it one of the best in the nation, but still a really good group

100%. Did you not see the spring game? Rivers is just not that dude. Big question is whether rivers will start at guard over cooper

This is my biggest question for the season. If Zion is healthy (big if) and starts all year. I’m not sure Jalen will start this year barring injuries. It’s not an automatic slide over when Anez Cooper is who he is in that spot.

Advertisement
There has been a lot of speculation and mystery surrounding Zion’s health. I am told he looks phenomenal doing football movements and is expected to be full-go in camp.

Jim Nagy (former NFL scout and current head of the Senior Bowl) and several scouting sources quoted by On3 identified four future NFL players on Miami’s line: Zion Nelson, Javion Cohen, Matt Lee and Jalen Rivers. That doesn’t include Anez Cooper, Francis Mauigoa, Samson Okunlola and Matthew McCoy (who someone on staff described to me as “an NFL dude”).

This could be one of the best OLs in the entire nation.

Sorry when it comes to Zion, talk to me in October.
until then not falling for it

eddie murphy film GIF

Advertisement
Back