A note about the complaints about kids not liking D'Onofrio-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the players hate D'Onofrio when they were jumping up and down around him at the end of the Virginia Tech game?
The only reason this is even a story is because we were awful on defense. There has to be "something" wrong.

Golden has seen his work up close and personal for years. This is a non-issue, IMO.

Yes they did. Clearly you're not seeing the entire picture. It is obvious that they were trying to kill him by trampling him to death, much in the same way the players were trying to kill Coach Golden after the GT game when they dumped water on him, expecting him to get pneumonia and die.

Advertisement
/QUOTE]

LOL, that's "all you need to know?" I call him coach D because I seem to **** up spelling his last name for some reason all the time. What an intelligent conclusion you've reached. Remind me to never go to Vegas, invest, consult or otherwise ask you for an opinion on anything ever.:)

And again the man "he learned under and shared/shares alot of philosophy with Al Groh" is ****ing Al Golden. And we're **** lucky to have him.
Bomb its been two years of his garbage there is no d in his name...he's gotta earn it.

Ya and golden/no frio d is ****** just like the one groh ran...my my randy n coker really have us lookin/thinkin inferior...lol were lucky....*sarcasm*

***** WERE MIAMI...he's lucky to be here[/QUOTE]

Bro last year he still had some decent players from Miami's one good class under Shannon. It was still a weak roster, but there were some guys. This year were paying the price for what Shannon left. You gotta get this guy some players. I don't think there was a single guy on defense this year that would have been out there on a normal Miami 10 win team. Not one when you consider 52 was injured.

Even Chick should be a 2nd team redshirt freshman this year, and EJ was out of position so much because he was forced into so many reps. He should be getting less reps and watching.

Outside of Bush who also should be backing up, learning or even redshirting, everyone else should be at USF.

Who cares? Results are what matters. If he can't get results because they don't like him, then yeah, like it or not, he has a problem. We were terrible on defense. Whether you like him or not, you can't be happy with that.

Being happy is relative to your expectations.
If you were expecting a top 30 defense, however unreasonable that is, with this mix of talent, youth and depth, then obviously you would be disappointed.
However looking at the results individually and looking at the big picture long term, and D'onofrio's pattern of success previously at Temple, it's hard not to see that good things are coming as soon as next year. Now if he fails at meeting expectations of major improvements next year he'd be more than fair game.

Two things you will never get out of many Miami fans "realistic expectations" and "big picture thinking".

Who cares? Results are what matters. If he can't get results because they don't like him, then yeah, like it or not, he has a problem. We were terrible on defense. Whether you like him or not, you can't be happy with that.

If you were expecting a top 30 defense, however unreasonable that is, with this mix of talent, youth and depth, then obviously you would be disappointed.
However looking at the results individually and looking at the big picture long term, and D'onofrio's pattern of success previously at Temple, it's hard not to see that good things are coming as soon as next year. Now if he fails at meeting expectations of major improvements next year he'd be more than fair game.

Two things you will never get out of many Miami fans "realistic expectations" and "big picture thinking".

We should have fired Butch Davis after 1997 season -that's all I know. :p

Coach No'D has never coached a smart game at The U. He is a bad coach, and his situational awareness and play calling are testament to this fact. We need better. I'm not usually one to go along with disrespecting coaches, but in this case, it's OBVIOUS the man has lost whatever it is that made him a good coach at Temple.

OSU, USF, GT 2011 VT USF 2012 are a few where the pieces have come together. Next year is big for him.

Advertisement
Coach D'O and our defense next season will demonstrate a lot - validate his critics or relegate his critics to whiners - we shall see

I for one give him a pass, we were terribad this season.

Coach No'D has never coached a smart game at The U. He is a bad coach, and his situational awareness and play calling are testament to this fact. We need better. I'm not usually one to go along with disrespecting coaches, but in this case, it's OBVIOUS the man has lost whatever it is that made him a good coach at Temple.

OSU, USF, GT 2011 VT USF 2012 are a few where the pieces have come together. Next year is big for him.

Gotta give him GT for sure. He learned how to stop Navy's wishbone while at Temple and that has clearly carried over to his time at Miami.

I'll add some positives I've seen from D'Onofrio...
1) Tackling and fundamentals have improved dramatically under Coach D (will only continue to get better as we get stronger)
2) Swarming - we swarm to the ball on every play & all 11 guys seem to be engaged in what's going on.
3) Effort - regardless of whether they like him or not... they sure do give 100% while on the field - I have seen our defense give tremendous effort late in games (regardless of situation)
4) LB Size - More philosophy than X's and O's but we're starting to bring in heavy hitters at LB and I've got no problem with that

Gotta give him GT for sure. He learned how to stop Navy's wishbone while at Temple and that has clearly carried over to his time at Miami.

I'll add some positives I've seen from D'Onofrio...
1) Tackling and fundamentals have improved dramatically under Coach D (will only continue to get better as we get stronger)
2) Swarming - we swarm to the ball on every play & all 11 guys seem to be engaged in what's going on.
3) Effort - regardless of whether they like him or not... they sure do give 100% while on the field - I have seen our defense give tremendous effort late in games (regardless of situation)
4) LB Size - More philosophy than X's and O's but we're starting to bring in heavy hitters at LB and I've got no problem with that

I agree with all of this. I think he might be a better position coach than DC, much like RS was a better DC than HC.

We should have fired Butch Davis after 1997 season -that's all I know. :p

And I could tell that Larry Coker was a great coach after 2 seasons. After all, he was 24-1, and got robbed in the one loss. :)

Advertisement
weownfsu is on the money here. Some of the stuff he gets worked up over seem awfully petty. I can understand why some of the thinner skinned kids are having a problem. I hope his D improves with more experience and they learn to live with it.

Well, our kids have been told to "trust the process," and D'Onofrio's process suks balls.

They know it. They see it.

And if you doubt it, look at the frigging numbers. His scheme sucks, his mentor sucked, and of course, he suks.

Advertisement
... and some other coaches.

Good. Let a few weak kids who aren't getting run because they aren't committed enough or good enough point fingers.

I'm sorry, this is D1 Football. You're HC, coordinator, and position coach aren't here to give you participation ribbons. Either one or more of them are gonna need to be bad cop. The coordinator is really the best situated to play that roll, since the HC is more of a macro CEO and its better for you to be closer to your position coach.

Oh, no. Some benched kids think Coach D is too hard on them? **** that. No matter how good you are at recruiting and evaluating, you're going to make some mistakes. I'd rather these kids show their true colors now and move on and make way for some kids who can handle it, than take up space as dead wood for 5 years.

If you don't like how you're being treated, PLAY BETTER. WORK HARDER. FORCE YOUR WAY ONTO THE FIELD. These coaches have their families, livelihoods, and futures at stake. No one is going to sit you if you can help them win. Guess what? Its you, not them.

Can you imagine someone trying to pull this **** at Alabama or LSU? GTFO.

Normally I would agree but this staff has markers to decide who plays and most deal with effort, behavior, workout, and practices. Look at Wheeler. We hardly so the kid and he turns out to be a big nasty with attitude. Where the heck has he been. He is not a trouble maker but got little burn until this year. And why does Beau only get seen when Williams is in the game. Remember Al was surprised how he hit people after the catch. They don't hit much at practice so you don't ever know about it.

I don't like players complaining either, but I like coaches blaming players even less. For better or worse it is Al's way or the highway. He has turn out to be stubborn and inflexible just like Joe Pa. I like most everything about Al, except that. And, it is not exactly like the kids on the field were excelling this year.

The biggest reason kids don't like coach D is because he is very disrespectful...lack people skills. Sometimes you have to give respect to get respect.

And he sucks. And their is not a person alive except maybe his mother, that thinks he woud still have this job if he wasn't Al's BFF.

Coach D'O and our defense next season will demonstrate a lot - validate his critics or relegate his critics to whiners - we shall see

I for one give him a pass, we were terribad this season.

I'll give Al one more year pass. Mark has shown enough. He gives up 500 yard and 40 point plus games like he gets a bonus for each one. We have a great defensive recruiting class coming in and I anticipate no improvement on D-- just more excuses has to why it is the players fault.

Advertisement
Just how many years do we have to give coach D before he gets canned, with our talent while not elite is still good enough to be ranked in the top 100

Surprised. A fanatical Shalala follower who absolutely loved Coker and Shannon supports Dorito 100%. Bomb, what is up with that?

To be honest with you, I just don't think we have the athletes and talent in place right now to run this defense. No way Highsmith or Rodgers should be playing in this system. If you pay attention to any of the programs that played today, they all have a big bad defense line. Something we again don't have in place yet. However, the future is bright.

Weown and gogeta were speaking truth in this thread.

Amazing what a difference a year makes. OPs post looks foolish in hindsight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back