A message board story

WHO THE PHU@K WAKES UP AND SAYS “I WANT TO BE A BIG MESSAGE BOARD GUY ONE DAY”......?

Advertisement
This really goes back to the person with first hand knowledge. If you work for the program or have legit, first hand knowledge of some big story, it’s on you to keep your mouth shut and not tell friends. Because the more people who know a secret, the less of a secret it is. You have to assume anyone you talk to is at least going to tell one more person. Maybe the guy you tell won’t go public but eventually someone is going to talk the further down the line it goes. It’s why I take message board insiders with a grain of salt. They have nothing to lose by passing false information. Message board rep doesn’t have tangible value and all you have to do is change a screen name or open a new account. If the rumors hit the media types, there’s probably more weight to them because if you’re trying to earn a living by breaking news, you can’t afford to be wrong very often. It’s why most of the bigger names that cover the team never report anything earth shattering. They’ll let someone else share rumors and purposely play it close to the best.

J, I sat with Dennis on my way back from Norman in 07. He told me you preferred Leavitt to Randy back then. I know the odds are against it, but how would you feel about Leavitt coming on board at this point? Loved getting to know your dad. I live in Ktown myself these days.

Advertisement
Miami has GAs that get subscriptions to 247 and Canesport and log in here to read the stuff and monitor for leaks and stuff as well as rumors circulating. Most big schools do. Especially when they don’t want stuff out like Miami.

I also have a friend on the GA staff that reads these boards. The reason I changed my username to start with but someone figured it out and posted it and he read it. Shocked he didn’t get tipped off on the TS rumor sooner than when Barry leaked it. I was DMing guys fo delete guesses left and right

Big reason Doherty and Darrow got let go. Can’t keep their mouths shut
I wasn’t DM’d by you but myself and other Maudes were deleting info very quickly.

Advertisement
I think the majority of people connected to the program actually sit on 90% of the info they know. This site alone have people with legit sources and they don’t share too much insights to readers. There are exceptions of course but the majority are careful, and rightfully so.
Agree.
And the ones that spread 90% of the info they think they know, actually don't know shet.

Wait - The Gators are basically paying players in Jordans/the secondary sneaker resale market?

I mean that's pretty smart but they would need to give them a LOT of Js for the perks to be worthwhile/equivalent to buying a player.

How does Keon Zipperer's dad walk out of Gainesville with 50 shoeboxes?

I still remember when "Shadow" use to have those off board chat room q & a's. The night he spilled the beans about all the craziness in Hester's
recruitment was nuts.

Advertisement
I would add, it's not just the Miami coaches/staff reading our boards, but also all of our rivals.

I won't go into a huge amount of detail, as many people already know this story, but I'll relate the basics.

Years ago, on another UM board, a bunch of posters used to get together for tailgates, etc. There was a guy (UM fan) who told us that his brother was going to be a good one who would be highly recruited, but you frequently hear that kind of stuff from posters who are pumped up about their relatives when the kids excel at the middle school level. A couple of times, I sold one of my spare game tix to this particular guy, so I knew him well from spending time with him at tailgates and games, and some of the other guys on the board were even closer with him.

As it turned out, his brother was in fact heavily recruited (blue-chip), and when the time came for an unofficial visit to Miami, one of the guys on the UM board picked up the two brothers (one was the recruit, the other was the older brother who posted and was a UM fan) from the airport and went to eat prior to the visit. The details were posted on a paid-subscription UM board, but as always, the clout-chasers ran to tell their friends on all of the free boards. Rival fans picked up on the free board info, and started claiming that Miami was breaking the rules.

Eventually, the word got around to Miami's Athletic Department, and the "airport pickup guy" had to spend nearly one full day with UM Compliance, explaining the whole situation, the origin of the friendship, etc. No violation found, but stern warnings were issued.

It was ridiculous. The info went from a subscription UM board...to free UM boards...to rival fans...to rival fan boards...and then eventually to UM coaches/admins. All within a couple of days.

For the record, I never thought the Tyrique Stevenson info (and Barry Jacksoff's leak) met the definition of "tampering". But that doesn't matter one bit if our rivals try to report us for it anyhow. Our rivals will absolutely read these boards and turn us in to the NCAA if they think it will ***** up our recruiting, particularly for 5 stars that they think should be going to SEC schools rather than Miami.

Poster beware.
I remember this one. This LSU right?

Last edited:
"Jon Gruden. Done deal."

That is now a legendary Miami Hurricane meme that was so repeated and believed, even ESPN reported it and quickly retracted it.

Be careful what you say. Whether in real life or on the internet. Anything you say can and will be held against you, whether in the court of public opinion or law.

Advertisement
"Jon Gruden. Done deal."

That is now a legendary Miami Hurricane meme that was so repeated and believed, even ESPN reported it and quickly retracted it.

Be careful what you say. Whether in real life or on the internet. Anything you say can and will be held against you, whether in the court of public opinion or law.
There even was a player meeting scheduled.

Joe Rose hasnt let Ferman back on his radio show since. He was ****ED how Ferman didnt own up to the fact that he F'd up.
Honestly, I'm curious how close we really were to landing Jon Gruden, if at all. Was it the sort of thing that there were serious negotiations involved? Was it the equivalent to a first date? Or was it really all just a bunch of made up bull**** that Ferman threw out of his *** (as Ferman usually does)?

From what I understand of the deal, Gruden wanted to have his brother on the staff as HCIW, and when Gruden left, Jay was supposed to take over. But again, all of that could be absolute bull****.

I get the feeling I'll never really know.

Advertisement
Back