A&M Vs New Mexico

A&M beats NM by 42

We beat Miami Ohio by 35 FWIW

Biggest differences iv noticed:

- Our defense seemed more dominant in all phases and more disciplined

- A&M didn’t use their TEs at all

- Outside of Thomas/Stewart their WRs didn’t do a whole lot they combined for 14 catches for 190 yards, rest of the team combined for 10 catches for 87 yards

- Our running game is way farther ahead than A&Ms, their RBs went for 20 Carries on 100 yards (19 for 73 yards when you minus one long run by daniels) which could be cause for concern considering NM runs a 3-3-5 and never sold out on the run

- A&M seems to lack discipline on Defense, interested to see how they will respond in a hostile atmosphere if Miami can jump out on top to start

- Weigman was 18/23 for 236
- TVD was 17-22 for 201 against Miami Ohio

- The NM DBs are BAD BAD BAD it’s astonishing really. The brown brothers, Couch, Porter, Williams, Kinchens, Davis, Richards and Harris will be a massive step up for these A&M WRs (whom as I mentioned didn’t have much production outside of 2 guys)

- NM had a lot of opportunities over the middle and in the short passing game, their QB just couldn’t connect, if chapel remains hurt for A&M that’s a huge blow.

Advertisement
They’ve clearly outmatched New Mexico but I don’t see an electrifying offense. I see a team with 375 total yards against a bottom 5 FBS team. I’ll give them credit for maximizing their opportunities but they don’t have 49 points because they drove the ball up and down the field. But there’s still ~4 minutes left to pad their numbers.

I think the Juggs machine is harder for A2M receivers to catch against than that defense. That said, the QB mechanics are much better so Petrino is having an impact. Hopefully they won’t be ready for us though after playing this powderpuff and he doesn’t get his offense humming until later in the season.

I think the Juggs machine is harder for A2M receivers to catch against than that defense. That said, the QB mechanics are much better so Petrino is having an impact. Hopefully they won’t be ready for us though after playing this powderpuff and he doesn’t get his offense humming until later in the season.
Their starting quarterback was sharp. The running game was below average considering the opponent

How much would
Miami of Ohio drop on New Mexico? I can see easily 35-40 points.

20 to 24.

Miami of Oh consistently has one of the worst offenses in college football under Martin. Last year they were 128th. They don’t score on *anybody*.

Their defense is pretty good for a G5 school. So I could see their defense setting their offense up a ton and the offense scoring from sheer volume of opportunity.

But it would still suck, even against New Mexico.

Advertisement
A&M beats NM by 42

- Outside of Thomas/Stewart their WRs didn’t do a whole lot they combined for 14 catches for 190 yards, rest of the team combined for 10 catches for 87 yards

- Our running game is way farther ahead than A&Ms, their RBs went for 20 Carries on 100 yards (19 for 73 yards when you minus one long run by daniels) which could be cause for concern considering NM runs a 3-3-5 and never sold out on the run

- A&M seems to lack discipline on Defense, interested to see how they will respond in a hostile atmosphere if Miami can jump out on top to start

- Weigman was 18/23 for 236çx
- TVD was 17-22 for 201 against Miami Ohioçxxx

- The NM DBs are BAD BAD BAD it’s astonishing really. The brown brothers, Couch, Porter, Williams, Kinchens, Davis, Richards and Harris will be a massive step up for these A&M WRs (whom as I mentioned didn’t have muchcccççççcçxçcç production outside of 2 guys)

- NM had a lot of opportunities over the middle and inxdç the short passing game, their QB just couldn’t connect, if chapel remains hurt for A&M that’s a huge blow.

They look better playing a NM team that was bad last year and appears to be just as bad this year. Then again, they couldn't look any worse than last year, so there's that. I haven't seen anything earth shattering, it's a lot of guys running free because of a lack of speed at NM. That said, I expect Miami to compete at a higher level than NM.
Bruh I just said they looked better lol relax no **** we’re better than new mexico

A&M beats NM by 42

- The NM DBs are BAD BAD BAD it’s astonishing really. The brown brothers, Couch, Porter, Williams, Kinchens, Davis, Richards and Harris will be a massive step up for these A&M WRs (whom as I mentioned didn’t have much production outside of 2 guys)

- NM had a lot of opportunities over the middle and in the short passing game, their QB just couldn’t connect, if chapel remains hurt for A&M that’s a huge blow.
Weigmans legs have to be contained. If he doesn’t scramble much I will feel better about our D

A&M offense will be better this year. Patrino is an elite offensive coach and A&M has weapons at the skill position. We will need to get pressure with our front 4 so we can provide help to our secondary. Also we need to establish the run against their defense. Their secondary is good
Best thing to help is PACKED LOUD HARD ROCK stats out. Hope it’s sold out this Saturday. Can really make a huge difference

Advertisement
A&M beats NM by 42

I agree with you NM DBs we’re absolutely trash. I hope TVD is a little better with that finger. It feels like on offense we ran maybe like 6 different plays and they definitely didn’t hold back. I was actually surprised that NM got a lil pressure on the QB at some points in the game.

But I take it with you seeing practice that we should blow the doors of them boys?

Advertisement
We're not going to beat Texas A&M being 1 dimensional which means someone other than Colby Young is going to have to step up. Hope I'm wrong but I got A&M 23-13

What’s the deal with Shemar? I noticed he didn’t play at all last night so is it because they’re just that loaded at D-Line? Injury? I just thought he’d be vying for some serious playing time by now.

Advertisement
We're not going to beat Texas A&M being 1 dimensional which means someone other than Colby Young is going to have to step up. Hope I'm wrong but I got A&M 23-13
A team that had 243 yards passing and 250 yards rushing is one dimensional now. That’s LITERALLY the exact opposite of being one dimensional.

Best thing to help is PACKED LOUD HARD ROCK stats out. Hope it’s sold out this Saturday. Can really make a huge difference

Agreed. We need to get a lead and make them earn it on offense. Their QB had all night to throw. We got to make him uncomfortable. I would think it is a sell out. I decided to go to the Clemson game over this one. It’s going to be hot as balls and that sun will be beating on them all day on the sideline.

I know it’s hot as **** in college station also but it’s still sucks to be in that side of the stadium. Hopefully it’s packed out

Advertisement
Back