A&M Vs New Mexico

Advertisement
Their starting quarterback was sharp. The running game was below average considering the opponent

Don't get me wrong, I'm worried about him (+Petrino). But that was like a no-contact practice vs. the scout team. Those receivers were wide open, it was shooting fish in a barrel. We don't know how he's going to perform with a genuine pass rush and decent DBs. Not discounting him in the least bit. Just saying yesterday doesn't really tell us much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm worried about him (+Petrino). But that was like a no-contact practice vs. the scout team. Those receivers were wide open, it was shooting fish in a barrel. We don't know how he's going to perform with a genuine pass rush and decent DBs. Not discounting him in the least bit. Just saying yesterday doesn't really tell us much.
Their WRs pushed off for every ball. If they do that Saturday with no calls it’s gonna be a long game

He had some pretty impressive plays though.

His last drive of the game, he got lit up. And threw the WR open while about to take the hit, and put it in a spot only the WR could catch it.

That was big time. Now he didn’t make a ton of those type of plays, because like you said, he didn’t need to.

Advertisement
He had some pretty impressive plays though.

His last drive of the game, he got lit up. And threw the WR open while about to take the hit, and put it in a spot only the WR could catch it.

That was big time. Now he didn’t make a ton of those type of plays, because like you said, he didn’t need to.

Here's my question, and I'm legit asking, would you trade TVD for him? I'm not sure I would.

I do that up and down the roster, and legit feel like we can play against this team. They obviously have the higher upside DEs. And I like their receivers better than ours. But I definitely prefer our RBs and OL to theirs. Overall, the talent is close and I don't see a differentiated advantage there. I think it will come down who wants to win more, turnovers and momentum.

We really need the fans to show up and be disruptive as the 12th man. That would make the difference IMHO.

Would like to point out A&M last year had the worst Run defense in the SEC but the best pass defense. They lose their top 3 DBs from last year and their starting CB got hurt yesterday (how badly is unknown)

The NM QB was able to complete 8 of his first 9 passes due to how much cushion A&M was giving. But their Penalties and just Misfires stalled their drives greatly.

Outside of 2 plays that the 2nd stringers gave up on the final drive we gave up 155 yards on 47 plays, 3.23 yards a play.

A&M allowed almost double the amount of rushing yards to a much worse team and they were even able to scamper up the middle for a 30 yard TD in the first half.

I hear all this talk about “we need a WR to step up” yet outside of A&Ms top two WRs their WHOLE OFFENSE had: 220 yards on 50 plays (4.4 yards per play) their running game was nearly non existent either. Outside of 1 long scamper near the end they had 107 yards on 28 Carries (3.8 yards a carry)

NM gifted A&M with at LEAST 2 3rd down conversions due to penalties (and yes the first A&M TD was a push off) FWIW NM could’ve finished the night with 16 points instead of 10 if they didn’t try going for it deep in A&M territory and all those drives were before the 2nd stringers came in.

Our passing attack will consist of:

- Restrepo (short/intermediate routes)
- George (short/intermediate routes)
- Young ( all route combinations)
- Harrel (deep routes)
- Arroyo *HOPEFULLY* (all route combinations)
- Skinner *HOPEFULLY* (all route combinations)
- Joseph (short/intermediate routes)
- B Smith (short/intermediate routes)

+ 4 RBs who could all start at P5 schools & a O-Line that was EXCELLENT in pass blocking.

When you compare our Passing attack + passing options to A&M I give us the edge. It is much harder to game plan for up to 8 different receiving threats where as Guidry has 2 guys to hone in on and make the rest of A&M beat us. (Which the stats from yesterday show would be a TALL task to ask) so if anyone is one dimensional it’s A&M, dare them to beat us on the ground and I don’t believe they can.

A&M also had roughly 8 pentacles for 90 yards yesterday, if they have a repeat day like that against us we WILL capitalize.

Advertisement
There’s always always an injected out for TVD. Whether it’s the WRs, OCs, OLine, and now a “kinda” 🫳🏾 injury. He even used Bama to run up a bag on us this off-season and that was largely excused. All of those things are pertinent and legitimate, but it’s time to perform. The OL is adequate, the offensive weapons at his disposal are adequate enough to win, the OC is adequate enough to win. What are people so scared of. I truly believe in TVD, so making him accountable is cool and welcomed. It’s time for him to go smooth off like he did in that NC state game a couple years ago. Is he first round draft pick? If you project him as a 1st or 2nd round draft pick then he has the ability to put his college team on his back and beat 80% of our schedule and at least battle with the other 20% this season.

It’s time for TVD to show out and lead, it’s ok to expect the best of him and it doesn’t help him to always coddle him. He doesn’t need it.

There’s always always an injected out for TVD. Whether it’s the WRs, OCs, OLine, and now a “kinda” 🫳🏾 injury. He even used Bama to run up a bag on us this off-season and that was largely excused. All of those things are pertinent and legitimate, but it’s time to perform. The OL is adequate, the offensive weapons at his disposal are adequate enough to win, the OC is adequate enough to win. What are people so scared of. I truly believe in TVD, so making him accountable is cool and welcomed. It’s time for him to go smooth off like he did in that NC state game a couple years ago. Is he first round draft pick? If you project him as a 1st or 2nd round draft pick then he has the ability to put his college team on his back and beat 80% of our schedule and at least battle with the other 20% this season.

It’s time for TVD to show out and lead, it’s ok to expect the best of him and it doesn’t help him to always coddle him. He doesn’t need it.
I mean Bama needs a QB did u watch them last night think it was 14-0 till almost half Milroe sucks. Saban was offering most starting P5 QBs millions

Noah Thomas 6'6 wr balled out yesterday with 3 tds, looks like we start three 5'10 CBs he will be a matchup problem for sure..
I think 7 starts G2 tbh..thought about it last night and our best matchup with strewart is probably Brown..just in terms of length. Davis & porter need to hold down their matchup..but the front 7 has to play lights out

Stop it your smarter than that. We're not beating a&m if George and Restrepo can't make plays. Our passing offense stalled out when Young wasn't in the game. A&M has better corners than the fake miami
Passing stalled because we didn’t really open it up like we should’ve, jacolby was open a few times too. He looked just as good as young but didn’t have the big play to score

Im not high on our wr room but they did the most with their opportunities

Advertisement

All the narratives are created by the fans lol tvd said he was fine. He never said he were he was projected to go in a draft lol, it’s amazing how the fanbase has basically created this negative image of him

The wr room is mid, thats not an excuse it’s reality, the oline was terrible last year not an excuse its reality, gattis is dog **** not an excuse it’s reality. I think yall should adjust yall expectations and you would see things for what they are

Also if he used bama as a way to get more money so ***** what, this is a business and he got people to take care of he should do whatever he think he gotta do

It's not that difficult to throw dimes when you aren't being breathed on and your dudes are running completely free. I doubt that the windows will be this huge in Hard Rock. Miami will need to heat that pocket up and force the QB to make snap decisions. Offensively, Miami has to win up front, and TVD has to be able to spin it like we know he can. That finger has to be full go, if it isn't, I'd strongly consider Emory if Miami gets into trouble.
Petrino makes most of his QB’s better. You can blame NM for that all you want but I see Bobby’s track record. Guy is a great coach. We’ll see what happens but there is a reason why they are a -7.5 favorite.

Advertisement
Would like to point out A&M last year had the worst Run defense in the SEC but the best pass defense. They lose their top 3 DBs from last year and their starting CB got hurt yesterday (how badly is unknown)

The NM QB was able to complete 8 of his first 9 passes due to how much cushion A&M was giving. But their Penalties and just Misfires stalled their drives greatly.

Outside of 2 plays that the 2nd stringers gave up on the final drive we gave up 155 yards on 47 plays, 3.23 yards a play.

A&M allowed almost double the amount of rushing yards to a much worse team and they were even able to scamper up the middle for a 30 yard TD in the first half.

I hear all this talk about “we need a WR to step up” yet outside of A&Ms top two WRs their WHOLE OFFENSE had: 220 yards on 50 plays (4.4 yards per play) their running game was nearly non existent either. Outside of 1 long scamper near the end they had 107 yards on 28 Carries (3.8 yards a carry)

NM gifted A&M with at LEAST 2 3rd down conversions due to penalties (and yes the first A&M TD was a push off) FWIW NM could’ve finished the night with 16 points instead of 10 if they didn’t try going for it deep in A&M territory and all those drives were before the 2nd stringers came in.

Our passing attack will consist of:

- Restrepo (short/intermediate routes)
- George (short/intermediate routes)
- Young ( all route combinations)
- Harrel (deep routes)
- Arroyo *HOPEFULLY* (all route combinations)
- Skinner *HOPEFULLY* (all route combinations)
- Joseph (short/intermediate routes)
- B Smith (short/intermediate routes)

+ 4 RBs who could all start at P5 schools & a O-Line that was EXCELLENT in pass blocking.

When you compare our Passing attack + passing options to A&M I give us the edge. It is much harder to game plan for up to 8 different receiving threats where as Guidry has 2 guys to hone in on and make the rest of A&M beat us. (Which the stats from yesterday show would be a TALL task to ask) so if anyone is one dimensional it’s A&M, dare them to beat us on the ground and I don’t believe they can.

A&M also had roughly 8 pentacles for 90 yards yesterday, if they have a repeat day like that against us we WILL capitalize.
I see the Boston College transfer was balling out for them, he got injured? He was all over field, 10 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1 INT, 1 sack, 1 pass def.. Kid really stood out, didnt hear his name in transfer portal, he look like difference maker on their defense

Pack the ******* Rock. PACK THE ******* ROCK. Make the easy throws, run the **** out of the ball, keep their offense in front of you, make them hit us short outside if we have to pick our poison, and get in that QB's face all night. This is a dub if we don't get cute. That Canes team Thursday night grinds this one out if they show up again. Clean up the false starts and we're golden.

I see the Boston College transfer was balling out for them, he got injured? He was all over field, 10 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1 INT, 1 sack, 1 pass def.. Kid really stood out, didnt hear his name in transfer portal, he look like difference maker on their defense
Their DB Chapel is who got injured (limped off the field) I don’t think it was too serious but possibly something to monitor as I don’t think he returned. You’re referring to Deberry I believe who is healthy

Advertisement
Back