A&M Vs New Mexico

Agreed. We need to get a lead and make them earn it on offense. Their QB had all night to throw. We got to make him uncomfortable. I would think it is a sell out. I decided to go to the Clemson game over this one. It’s going to be hot as balls and that sun will be beating on them all day on the sideline.

I know it’s hot as **** in college station also but it’s still sucks to be in that side of the stadium. Hopefully it’s packed out
Hot and humid is different than that dry Texas heat. Let’s go boys

Advertisement
the last few years sure, but i mean how can we judge our units based on opening game of Miami (OH) and assume the WR unit is bad

because, unless you just reset the chalk board, what you saw from the unit last year, has to be the carry over to this year, until they show something else.

Last year the problem was they couldn’t make explosive plays.

So that should be the default perception of the unit until they show otherwise this year.

Did you see anything in the game on Friday that changed that changed that belief? That this was a WR unit that was going to be a problem for P5 corners?

That’s the concern.

The biggest unit v unit advantage in the game is going to be their WR core vs our DBs.

You don’t need to go to 247 to see that Stewart was a 5* recruit. It just jumps off the screen.

We don’t have anything close to that at corner.

So he’s probably going to make plays.

We need somebody to do that at receiver so we’re not so dependent on long drives where we forced to move the ball down field on 4 and 5 yard runs every play.

I didn’t see anybody last year that is that guy. And nothing I saw Friday made me believe he’s on the roster this year.
Noah Thomas at 6'6, looks like someone Weigman likes going to also, very comfortable with him against our starting 5'10 corners is also a problem

Noah Thomas 6'6 wr balled out yesterday with 3 tds, looks like we start three 5'10 CBs he will be a matchup problem for sure..
Got away with alot of pushing off. One was very blatant. I have seen less get called. But he did make the play.

Advertisement
Got away with alot of pushing off. One was very blatant. I have seen less not get called. But he did make the play.
Sounds like he is aggressive WR who will be headtopping lil guys and not soft to go up and make a play to me.. If the ref didnt call it, doesnt matter, they dont let fans throw the yellow flag

Doesn’t an and m have a receiver from sfla that we wanted 2 years ago? What’s he doing?

Sounds like he is aggressive WR who will be headtopping lil guys and not soft to go up and make a play to me.. If the ref didnt call it, doesnt matter, they dont let fans throw the yellow flag

Mexico also played super soft. We will be trying to jam these guys off the line and playing more psychical.

LT, Mesidor, Bain, Harvey, Deen all have to have the game of their lives to get pressure on the QB to disrupt their passing game.

Advertisement
Miami also has 3 guys over 6’2 who just got a ton of snaps in the first game as well.
They mix and match the corners based on who’s lining up for the opponent. We have big corners that can match up against tall receivers and we have shorter, quicker guys who can match up against quicker, smaller receivers. We are much better overall at corner than we were last year.

Advertisement
Miami also has 3 guys over 6’2 who just got a ton of snaps in the first game as well.
Yea but they dont start.. I would imagine starters get majority of time against a real opponent. I know CB is unsettled position so who knows who they go with, its just something to monitor.. just making guys aware of who stood out for texas am, nothing against those guys..

very excited to see our OL vs their DL

they have a ton of talent on their DL and if we can control the line of scrimmage, then we are in great shape the rest of the year

Stop it your smarter than that. We're not beating a&m if George and Restrepo can't make plays. Our passing offense stalled out when Young wasn't in the game. A&M has better corners than the fake miami
Eh, we threw the ball 25 times and got 243 yards. That’s elite yards per attempt. Now, I get it that they weren’t lighting it up for 400 yards but that clearly wasn’t the game plan against Ohio Miami. You have a quarterback with an injured throwing hand going up against a secondary giving 15 yard cushions in a game you easily controlled. Play it safe, take the easy underneath yardage. Pound them with the running game and don’t ask your injured quarterback to be the hero. A&M will not be giving that cushion though so TVD better be healthy enough to let it rip downfield. That’s literally what he does best and as good on the deep ball as anyone in the nation so as long as he’s feeling good, there won’t be an issue.

Advertisement
very excited to see our OL vs their DL

they have a ton of talent on their DL and if we can control the line of scrimmage, then we are in great shape the rest of the year
Exactly. Definitely looking forward to seeing if our OL is as good as I think they are. Should be a great test. Go Canes 🏈

Advertisement
Back