A&M/Miami Midnight Yell

Based on these videos, anecdotes about **** jars™️, et al., it would seem like we commission far too many graduates of aggy. They also constitute a disproportionate % of hires into the IC. What say you, @Pentagon Cane? @Empirical Cane?
They are the largest single source of ROTC candidates (I think VT is 2d), but overall don't make up near the numbers of our Officer Corps as you might think.

I've served alongside several Aggies and they are no better/worse than any other commissioning source. Of course always a bad apple here and there, but those that I know are nothing short of awesome.

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me wtf their midnight yell thing is? I get there’s some dudes in tight overalls doing stand up but what are the people doing in the crowd when they bend over and what are they yelling? Looks like overall boys are driving signals?

Screenshot_20220913_213803.jpg

Clear mines? That makes things more clear. We left that for the less intelligent. I was a pj, not a grunt.

I have been the keynote speaker at some of the TACP graduations - in the auditorium - at Hurlburt. You probably won't even know who Charlie Jones was - but I knew him well. The Air Force retired his call sign . . .

I WAS a "grunt." A grunt plus. SF, two Ranger Companies, four combat MOS's, served in combat, wounded three times, took a number of scalps - mostly engaged in either long range recon or ambushing. Leave a forward firebase - go out for two weeks, come back for three days - and out again. Living the life! Ammo was free!

You one-trick PJ's left explosives work for the less intelligent? (Team Engineer)

I'm not the one who regularly steps in horsesiht.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have been the keynote speaker at some of the TACP graduations - in the auditorium - at Hurlburt. You probably won't even know who Charlie Jones was - but I knew him well. The Air Force retired his call sign . . .

I WAS a "grunt." A grunt plus. SF, two Ranger Companies, four combat MOS's, served in combat, wounded three times, took a number of scalps - mostly engaged in either long range recon or ambushing. Leave a forward firebase - go out for two weeks, come back for three days - and out again. Living the life! Ammo was free!

You one-trick PJ's left explosives work for the less intelligent? (Team Engineer)

I'm not the one who regularly steps in horsesiht.
Excellent resume. I actually was a pj in unit 669 of the idf. Three years in combat, two drops into Syria, one drop into Lebanon, two water incursions into Lebanon, multiple water rescues, etc. Good times had by all. My father was a combat engineer who did the same stuff you did in Korea.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I was there in 2008, and the fans couldn't have been nicer. Same goes for the games I've been to at Nebraska, Oklahoma, etc. There have been only a few places where the fans have been jerks, and unfortunately, we aren't a particularly classy fan base to visitors.
This is true. But in all honesty... we can be straight ******** to each other, as well.

Advertisement
Back