A&M game discussion

I don’t understand why everyone is sleeping on A&M. That roster is loaded. I agree this game is “winnable” but I expect they’ll be favored for this game.

We should have beaten them last year in College Station with:
- a team said to have no talent
- an incompetent imbecile at OC
- a DC that didn’t trust his players
- a HC who coached to keep it close vs win

New OC, new DC, flipped roster, home game

Let’s ******* go!

Last edited:
Advertisement
If UM is going to start winning big time recruits in my opinion like I've said before this is a MUST GAME period. I see several people disagree and that's fine because we are all entitled to having different opinions. When we lose to a big time opponent it makes the recruiting cycle more difficult because the other coaches have all the ammunition they need to feed to recruits. I don't care about Texas A&M being in the SEC and being vastly improved. I believe we are too and it's a home game. We should be 5-0 heading into the Clemson game with momentum. Mario needs to coach this game like his life depends on it.

Didn’t know where else to post. Won’t be the same 🏴‍☠️

BABCE67F-3D1C-464B-A06F-2005C449C302.jpeg

Agree with that. Just saying that playing Miami tells you something. Playing Bethune tells you literally nothing. Should win both games easily, yes. But Miami and Bethune do not belong in the same paragraph.

Hopefully we look good against Miami, win by 3 scores, and keep everyone healthy. Then the inferno needs to come the next week vs A&M.
I’ve been questioning how much these FCS programs actually prepare and if they give a **** about their FBS games or not. Bethune folded and started subbing out starters in last years game before it even got out of hand. We’re handing them a hefty check to get whooped and they’re already the winner off the field. Maybe the North Dakota States of the world want to upset an FBS program and show up ready to play. But lesser FCS teams like Bethune? I’m convinced they try very little..if at all…

Advertisement
Key to that game might be the atmosphere at Hard Rock. I don't expect a 2017 ND type game but maybe a 2017 VT atmosphere.

Make it as uncomfortable as possible for Weigman or Johnson in their first true test in this new offense and start the first communication issues and discomfort in the Jimbo/Petrino dynamic. Really challenge that relationship and it might trickle down to whatever QB is in the game.

Then again, their secondary is night and day to ours. Their WRs can easily cook our DBs but they can't do it to their own.
Hope that I am wrong, but I dont see a crowd like either of those games for a 330 start.

I think this games going to be a repeat of Virginia tech 2017.

Btw heat, especially in 2023 means next to nothing come Gametime as long as you properly hydrate before hand. They have fans, A/C units, and tents all along the sidelines now

Advertisement
Yea I agree if the big money boosters are that in control like people say I can't see them letting Jimbo do whatever he wants. It helps we are the first big team they play though, if they have a bad performance on offense I expect them to ensure Jimbo isn't a problem the rest of the year.
I expect a boat race for Tx a&m. Petrino is going to be light's out. I saw a few practices and tbh they are looking past us.

I think this games going to be a repeat of Virginia tech 2017.

Btw heat, especially in 2023 means next to nothing come Gametime as long as you properly hydrate before hand. They have fans, A/C units, and tents all along the sidelines now
Tell that to buffalo last year, lol.. I think game time factors more as this will be later than that game and playing field will be in shade majority of game..

Advertisement
They ain't sh*t & their Offense is complete garbage.

The Redhawks are a bottom tier MAC team.
Their Defense was 35th in scoring in the nation and are returning many players on that side of the ball. Their QB was hurt in 2022 is returning after a great season in 2021. Garbage is a bit harsh but to each his own.

Their Defense was 35th in scoring in the nation and are returning many players on that side of the ball. Their QB was hurt in 2022 is returning after a great season in 2021. Garbage is a bit harsh but to each his own.
Their wins came against Robert Morris, Northwestern, Kent ST, Akron, NIU & Ball ST...

Guess how many of those teams had an above .500 record??? (It’s a trick question)

Their Defensive ranking is skewed by the fact they play in an extremely weak Conference.

Against Kentucky they gave up 350yds & that was against a sh*tty Kentucky Offense where even a bum like Will Levis had a good game vs them.

Against Cincinnati they gave up 478yds & Ben Bryant picked’em apart.

That vaunted Defense only looked good against MAC opponents... Oh & Northwestern... Who went 1-11.

They didn’t score over 30pts once the entire season & even if their primary QB is healthy it’s Brett Gabbert, who is also a mediocre sub 60%cmp QB.

Miami of Ohio is not a good team, that’s just facts. Any team worth their weight in kitty litter beats them handily.

We not even about attempt to try build them up as some kind of real legitimate team, no way, no how.

They suck & a team of our caliber is supposed to beat them without thinking twice about it.

Advertisement
I don’t understand why everyone is sleeping on A&M. That roster is loaded. I agree this game is “winnable” but I expect they’ll be favored for this game.
I can tell you why. Because we should have beat those bums last year. We had them but Gattis/Mario didn’t play to win. We have a better offense this year and we are at home and they didn’t get significantly better from last year even though they still have the more talented roster top to bottom. At some point, you have to win one of these or we might as well just assume we will be a perennial 7-8 win program for the foreseeable future. These are the types of wins that give your program a steroid shot of momentum. Ask FSU after that LSU win last year.

Their wins came against Robert Morris, Northwestern, Kent ST, Akron, NIU & Ball ST...

Guess how many of those teams had an above .500 record??? (It’s a trick question)

Their Defensive ranking is skewed by the fact they play in an extremely weak Conference.

Against Kentucky they gave up 350yds & that was against a sh*tty Kentucky Offense where even a bum like Will Levis had a good game vs them.

Against Cincinnati they gave up 478yds & Ben Bryant picked’em apart.

That vaunted Defense only looked good against MAC opponents... Oh & Northwestern... Who went 1-11.

They didn’t score over 30pts once the entire season & even if their primary QB is healthy it’s Brett Gabbert, who is also a mediocre sub 60%cmp QB.

Miami of Ohio is not a good team, that’s just facts. Any team worth their weight in kitty litter beats them handily.

We not even about attempt to try build them up as some kind of real legitimate team, no way, no how.

They suck & a team of our caliber is supposed to beat them without thinking twice about it.
Their QB threw for 26 and 6 picks in 2021. That’s not bad at all for Miami of Ohio.

Garbage to me is a Bethune where we really do not have to prep too much for a game because it’s over by the end of the first. This game will be a nice warm up for A&M.

Never once did I say we shouldn’t handle them handily, all I said is they aren’t bad. Agree to disagree, I guess.

That UVA game was the most painful I've ever watched. Glad we won it. But we should have been 4-8. I've never seen a more dysfunctional staff than what Gattass created at Miami last year.
Sad part is that he did that a Michigan before he got to the U. Biff Poggi was the real mastermind behind their turn around. Gattass could even get the offensive staff room on the same page and he was the OC

Probably not.. idk if there’s enough hype for the 2nd game of the year either compared to the 6-0 and 7-0 teams in 2017.
Agreed - that is the other factor I was going to mention. We are coming off a 5-7 season, will almost certainly be unranked and even if we managed to trounce Miami U, that win will likely not cause much enthusiasm given who it is.

Advertisement
Back