A&M game discussion

Team stats from last year's game. Pretty impressive we found a way to lose

View attachment 251063
Man Gattis was scheming some good plays, Ivey was playing like a DAWG, Steele had them bottled up

And we still blew it…

I will say this, and this isn’t to your post but just the general sentiments, if it’s one thing I’ve learned about college football over the years is last year doesn’t matter.

The preseason rankings don’t matter. The analysts are always wrong. Teams come outta nowhere, teams flop etc

No idea what to truly expect out of this game but I can’t wait

Advertisement
Lol you forget the fins held everyone out of the preseason game which plays into it a bit?
It preseason, i didnt think it was that serious to even mention the already known but yea.. Fins should be really good this year, Ill be there..

fans GIF

No lies there. Man I’ve spent some time this summer in Florida and Texas, but also live in South Carolina. That sauna air hits different

But this year everywhere in the country I’ve gone it’s just flat out hot as ****
This year has got to be the hottest most unbearable summer ever.. Ready for it to be over and enjoy fall and some football, lol..

So you can’t get past the part where I said forget about the potential injuries?

You’re right. Football is only about tackling there’s nothing else to it.

It’s also why the NFL, NBA, Soccer, and every other sport does not have scrimmages or pre-season games and just goes straight from training camp into the first game.
Well Done Ok GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent
I understood what you said. My literal whole point is to prevent injuries as much as possible. Football is unlike every other sport you mentioned in regards to risk of injury. Of course anything can happen but I would think you would want to prevent serious injury as much as you can.

Advertisement
This year has got to be the hottest most unbearable summer ever.. Ready for it to be over and enjoy fall and some football, lol..
@JustAFanHTX can clarify this but I have a lot of friends in Houston and I’m pretty sure there were some days this summer where the government was like ok y’all can’t leave the house today basically 😂

I think we get a little frustrated with some rule changes, practicing/targeting etc they’ve implemented but this summer could have been really bad for football players across the country. I think they’ve done the right thing in some ways protecting these kids.

Advertisement
It really would be nice to win this one. The schedule before UNC is:

Miami (OH)
TAMU
Bethune
Temple
GT

A loss against TAMU means we're [hopefully!] 4-1 heading into UNC but with no real quality wins to tell us anything about the team. We'd likely not be ranked at 4-1. However, beat TAMU and we're ranked and walking into UNC feeling very different about this team and the potential trajectory.

I understood what you said. My literal whole point is to prevent injuries as much as possible. Football is unlike every other sport you mentioned in regards to risk of injury. Of course anything can happen but I would think you would want to prevent serious injury as much as you can.
Using that line of thinking, why even play football then? Injuries are part of the game full-stop.

You don't think the staff is doing everything they can to prevent injuries or at least minimize them? If you play football, you will eventually be injured. Strength and conditioning is there to help lessen the chance of injuries but even the best in the world still have injuries. They happen in the weight room, on the practice field doing drills, on no-contact days, in scrimmages, and in games. They happen everywhere all the time.

This is a game of which HC will stay out of their OCs way for real.

I'm not totally sold on Jimbo staying out of Bobby's kitchen. This is the same dude who coached up one of the best offenses in the last 15 years when he won it all at FSU. I'm not sure his pride/ego will let him relinquish all control to Bobby.

Mario has said time and time again this off-season that we need to be better at generating explosive plays. Shannon Dawson has said that he believes we'll be able to run the ball a whole lot better than last year. ***** also you want about running the ball, but with this OL and these stable of RBs, it'll make TVDs life easier and help our defense stay off the field as we can sustain long drives.

Whichever HC lets their OC cook, will most likely win. If they both let them cook, then it'll be a fun game.

Advertisement
@JustAFanHTX can clarify this but I have a lot of friends in Houston and I’m pretty sure there were some days this summer where the government was like ok y’all can’t leave the house today basically 😂

I think we get a little frustrated with some rule changes, practicing/targeting etc they’ve implemented but this summer could have been really bad for football players across the country. I think they’ve done the right thing in some ways protecting these kids.
Yeah this entire week is gonna be more of the same for houston

Yea both dolphins and canes practiced indoors and outdoors during practice, I have seen other teams across the country do the same so its definitely something the decision makers are/were aware of which I think is good, its not worth it to possibly have one of the bigger dudes pass out and have a health scare

Advertisement
Think the game will come down to turnovers, i think its gonna be a grind it out defensive type game. Limit mistakes, take advantage of opportunities. Take calculated risks, none of that ***** **** like last year, if we in position to win the game or take the lead go for it. Play to win that mf

This is a game of which HC will stay out of their OCs way for real.

I'm not totally sold on Jimbo staying out of Bobby's kitchen. This is the same dude who coached up one of the best offenses in the last 15 years when he won it all at FSU. I'm not sure his pride/ego will let him relinquish all control to Bobby.

Mario has said time and time again this off-season that we need to be better at generating explosive plays. Shannon Dawson has said that he believes we'll be able to run the ball a whole lot better than last year. ***** also you want about running the ball, but with this OL and these stable of RBs, it'll make TVDs life easier and help our defense stay off the field as we can sustain long drives.

Whichever HC lets their OC cook, will most likely win. If they both let them cook, then it'll be a fun game.
You hear coaches say it about players but same goes for them. When things get tough you fall back to what you’re comfortable with. When the game got tight last year, we saw how Mario and Gattis responded. It was pathetic to watch tbh.

So I’m with you. Plus yes for sure we gotta run the ball that’s the intriguing matchup for me. Our OL is totally revamped, we have enough talent at RB, there should be some really talented young guys emerging for A&M up front etc

You hear coaches say it about players but same goes for them. When things get tough you fall back to what you’re comfortable with. When the game got tight last year, we saw how Mario and Gattis responded. It was pathetic to watch tbh.

So I’m with you. Plus yes for sure we gotta run the ball that’s the intriguing matchup for me. Our OL is totally revamped, we have enough talent at RB, there should be some really talented young guys emerging for A&M up front etc
Don't get me wrong, Gattis ****ed last years game up, and even so, there were plays to be made and the players didn't too. Tyrique fumble, Arroyo whiffing a block, TVD Miss throw, dropped passes for a 1st down. Hopefully this year they're more confident and step up.

TAMU got some youth in their front 4 but Cohen and Lee and Rivers are all vets and need to handle their ****

Advertisement
Back