A Look At 2024

Advertisement
Bless his soul, but tonight was just a microcosm of what we've seen from Walker this season. He's constantly looking selfish and confused. Selfish when he's probably the 4th or 5th option on offense but taking 3 pointers with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. He looks confused plenty on defense whether it's losing his man in transition or switches, not knowing his assignment in a zone or rotation, etc. Still think he brings something to the table, but IMHO his mindset has got to change. He's got to understand that it's ok to be Robin. Everybody ain't built to be Batman. As much as I've critiqued him over the years, I for one would love to have him back next season if all his eligibility isn't up. I think he still has something to offer this program.
Whatever he can offer we should be able to get that and more thru a portal pickup, he is dead weight at moment. And if he is still taking those shots that mean coach allows him to and he isnt being selfish, he is being coached to do it. He has the greenlight, if he didnt he would be pulled immediately for going against coach orders..

If Wong comes back I'd do backflips (I can't do backflips). Yes, he could probably make more, but he was looking to leave last year. He might just want to get on with his life and he can make decent money in Europe if he can't make an NBA roster.
He may want to get going with the rest of his life which is fine, but I don't see NBA in his future, unfortunately. I hope he gets a good NIL deal and he stays.

Advertisement
Pigging backing off of this, I love L and I get why he prefers transfers. But man he misses on big time recruits who’d really make a difference. Portal guys are great but high school studs are where you grow the recruiting base.
L has had some of the highest rated recruiting classes in program history but apparently he can’t recruit. You can’t make this stuff up.

The freshmen this year didn’t play because there was a logjam in the backcourt and Casey just wasn’t ready for huge minutes. L has shown that his staff develops talent, so don’t be shocked if Watson and Casey become rotation guys next season. Look at how much Wooga and Joseph grew in one offseason.

L has had some of the highest rated recruiting classes in program history but apparently he can’t recruit. You can’t make this stuff up.

The freshmen this year didn’t play because there was a logjam in the backcourt and Casey just wasn’t ready for huge minutes. L has shown that his staff develops talent, so don’t be shocked if Watson and Casey become rotation guys next season. Look at how much Wooga and Joseph grew in one offseason.
No one said he can’t recruit. But given back to back elite 8’s and final 4’s, I believe there’s room to take it to the next level.

Pigging backing off of this, I love L and I get why he prefers transfers. But man he misses on big time recruits who’d really make a difference. Portal guys are great but high school studs are where you grow the recruiting base.
Agreed to some degree. It could be Coach L’s age working there. Meaning, he wants to make a big run throughout the season and into the tourney. Ready made transfers do that more so than younger players. But a mix of both plus depth would have helped us I think.

Advertisement
My two favorite players are Wooga and Joseph. The way they play D and hustle all the time is a thing of beauty. If we get a transfer or two that force a couple projected starters to come off the bench that’s a good thing. But yeah, I’m pretty high on our projected starting 5 without transfers. We only signed one HS kid but only guaranteed to lose miller. I’ll be interested to see how L manages the portal and roster this off-season.
Basically, for every Portal guy we pick up (who will be guaranteed major minutes), one of the recent freshman class, or one of our two Red Shirts, will be hitting the Portal to leave. If we gain height and bulk, and lose a player with unknown "potential," prolly the trade-off we need.

Agreed to some degree. It could be Coach L’s age working there. Meaning, he wants to make a big run throughout the season and into the tourney. Ready made transfers do that more so than younger players. But a mix of both plus depth would have helped us I think.
I understand but I’m just saying he misses on too many top 100’s for a guy that has back to back deep tourney runs

IMO we should add 3 from the Portal

We need a true Big, a Swing-Forward to replace Miller & another scoring Guard.

A tough decision will have to be made about Walker; he’s a solid Upperclassmen F that can give some good minutes off the bench as a utility player, but he lacks quite a bit in his game in order to overcome the fact he’s basically taking up a spot that could go to someone more skilled who can makes us even better. I don’t expect Larra to “push” him out, but if the goal is to go on another F4 run & make it to a Natty, it has to be weighed if you can get more out of that spot from a better player.

There’s some really good talented players in the Portal & number of them fit really well with what we do, so it shouldn’t be too hard to find at least 2 to add on. It all just boils down to who’s leaving/staying & making some pivotal evaluations about the future of the team.

Advertisement
Apparently , it’s the same place he’s getting the names from. Dude even got Charlie Moore name wrong
Oh wow I didn't even notice that it said Charlie Miller haha but I understood who he was referring to. Point is we replaced McGusty, Moore and Waardenburg with Omier and Pack plus Poplar and Joseph improved from last year hence our deep run. I honestly would be thrilled if Walker left. Miller has to leave which makes me so sad. I love that dude! I hope Wong returns and we just need to get 2 transfers to replace Miller and Walker. I want a deep 10 man rotation next year! We can make a deep deep run again and make it all the way!

What gives me a good feeling is the way Wooga grew from year one to year two. That elite game against Kansas Wooga looked like he belonged nowhere near a P5 program. One year later, he’s a contributor on a final four team. If he continues to progress and some of our other guards have similar trajectories then we can definitely be a Sweet 16 type team again.

Advertisement
No one said he can’t recruit. But given back to back elite 8’s and final 4’s, I believe there’s room to take it to the next level.
The question is whether anyone can take it to the next level here, considering that L is CONSISTENTLY recruiting in the top 30 as is People forget that thanks to the one and done rule, the powers can keep signing 3-5 elite guys every year, which mean fewer elite guys filter down. Compare that to 30 years ago when that wasn’t the case.

Miami has a distinct program identity and process. It’s different than Duke and UNC because Miami basketball doesn’t have the cache and barring Miami getting a young Coach L and him staying for 30 years, that isn’t changing anytime soon.

I'm actually super excited about next year's starting 5...

G: Joseph
G: Pack
SF: Wooga
F: Casey
C: Omier

I think this lineup has a chance for another solid tourney run!

Back to back to back Sweet 16s is my hope and current expectation :)

Oh wow I didn't even notice that it said Charlie Miller haha but I understood who he was referring to. Point is we replaced McGusty, Moore and Waardenburg with Omier and Pack plus Poplar and Joseph improved from last year hence our deep run. I honestly would be thrilled if Walker left. Miller has to leave which makes me so sad. I love that dude! I hope Wong returns and we just need to get 2 transfers to replace Miller and Walker. I want a deep 10 man rotation next year! We can make a deep deep run again and make it all the way!
It’s all good!!

I'm actually super excited about next year's starting 5...

G: Joseph
G: Pack
SF: Wooga
F: Casey
C: Omier

I think this lineup has a chance for another solid tourney run!

Back to back to back Sweet 16s is my hope and current expectation :)
There's no chance Casey is starting. We will bring in 1 or 2 portal guys for sure in which they'd be starters I'd imagine. Casey as a big off the bench though should be fine.

Advertisement
Back