A Look At 2024

go_canes_17

Sophomore
What an amazing season. I’ll never forget it. Final Four’s are hard to come by. Coach L is amazing.

What are your expectations for next year?
Roster should still be pretty solid. Miller leaving is heartbreaking and Wong probably goes as well.

Drop your takes and your portal wants and needs.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I agree. Obviously miller is gone and the only other I think might go is Wong. We need more size. I don’t know who’s in the portal but I’d love a true 5 that is a major presence in the paint and let Omier move to the 4. A true PG so pack can play the 2.
Starting 5 with current roster assuming Wong goes. I’d take portal at any spot that gives us an upgrade but a 5,1 and 3 I believe are most pressing in that order.
Great season though!
1- Joseph
2- Pack
3- Poplar
4- Omier
5- Casey

Wong can make more money coming back than going, and work towards being a first rounder which means a multi-million dollar guaranteed contract. Right now he would be a 2nd rounder, and they are guaranteed nothing and often make very little.

We lose Miller, but Wong, Pack, Omier, and Poplar will all be better next year in theory, and I could see us adding two major portal players. Think of how impactful adding Pack and Omier was last offseason.

I could see the team being better next year, as crazy as it sounds. Having a more dominant regular season and getting more respect.

Advertisement
No idea until we see what the portal brings. Assuming we get Pack and Omier back (which I have no doubt we will), them and Poplar are a solid 3. Ideally would like portal replacements for Wong and Miller, because the freshman showed nothing this year. Even if we get portal replacements, All or some of Casey, Watson and Aire are going to have to give us something.

We need like 3 big men, we have NONE.. And someone who can finish layups against top comp.. Wooga dont look like a #1

Wong can make more money coming back than going, and work towards being a first rounder which means a multi-million dollar guaranteed contract. Right now he would be a 2nd rounder, and they are guaranteed nothing and often make very little.

We lose Miller, but Wong, Pack, Omier, and Poplar will all be better next year in theory, and I could see us adding two major portal players. Think of how impactful adding Pack and Omier was last offseason.

I could see the team being better next year, as crazy as it sounds. Having a more dominant regular season and getting more respect.
If Wong comes back I'd do backflips (I can't do backflips). Yes, he could probably make more, but he was looking to leave last year. He might just want to get on with his life and he can make decent money in Europe if he can't make an NBA roster.

Advertisement
I agree. Obviously miller is gone and the only other I think might go is Wong. We need more size. I don’t know who’s in the portal but I’d love a true 5 that is a major presence in the paint and let Omier move to the 4. A true PG so pack can play the 2.
Starting 5 with current roster assuming Wong goes. I’d take portal at any spot that gives us an upgrade but a 5,1 and 3 I believe are most pressing in that order.
Great season though!
1- Joseph
2- Pack
3- Poplar
4- Omier
5- Casey
That’s a solid starting 5. Joseph doesn’t need to be a scorer but needs to become a better distributor. Pack-Poplar is a lethal combo. I expect Omier to continue improving his offensive game. Idk why Casey gets dumped on here, but honestly the minutes he’s played I’ve liked what I’ve seen…If he makes a Poplar-like jump watch out.

Worried about the bench though

You guys really think Wong, Pack, Omier, Poplar and Joseph all play next year? We get a tall, dumb white guy and we…well u know

Advertisement
If Wong comes back I'd do backflips (I can't do backflips). Yes, he could probably make more, but he was looking to leave last year. He might just want to get on with his life and he can make decent money in Europe if he can't make an NBA roster.

People keep saying "he was looking to leave" but all he did was "explore" the NBA draft, which just means you get a lot of free feedback from the league. There is zero downside to going through the process, you'd be crazy not to. Raises your profile too. My only point is I don't know that he's got one foot out the door just because he took the eval. I think he would like to go and be a first rounder, but if that's not where he's projected, then he has some thinking to do.

I know the NBA is his goal, but we might be able to make the case that his best path to a long NBA career would be to come back, while also banking a record NIL deal that will assure him a solid start in life regardless of how his basketball career goes.

That’s a solid starting 5. Joseph doesn’t need to be a scorer but needs to become a better distributor. Pack-Poplar is a lethal combo. I expect Omier to continue improving his offensive game. Idk why Casey gets dumped on here, but honestly the minutes he’s played I’ve liked what I’ve seen…If he makes a Poplar-like jump watch out.

My two favorite players are Wooga and Joseph. The way they play D and hustle all the time is a thing of beauty. If we get a transfer or two that force a couple projected starters to come off the bench that’s a good thing. But yeah, I’m pretty high on our projected starting 5 without transfers. We only signed one HS kid but only guaranteed to lose miller. I’ll be interested to see how L manages the portal and roster this off-season.

Advertisement
People keep saying "he was looking to leave" but all he did was "explore" the NBA draft, which just means you get a lot of free feedback from the league. There is zero downside to going through the process, you'd be crazy not to. Raises your profile too. My only point is I don't know that he's got one foot out the door just because he took the eval. I think he would like to go and be first rounder, but if that's not where he's projected, then he has some thinking to do.

I know the NBA is his goal, but we might be able to make the case that his best path to a long NBA career would be to come back, while also banking a record NIL deal that will assure him a solid start in life regardless of how his basketball career goes.

That's fair, and I'm not saying leaving his is best option. I'm just not getting my hopes hope. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Not sure how we have no scholarships AND no bench? FAU has 7 footers and going 9 deep.. Im confused.. Either ball out or bounce, wtf.. We cant go another year with a bench of 2 guys and Omier like 6'6 center like some high school team

Advertisement
Back