A Look At 2024

I'm actually super excited about next year's starting 5...

G: Joseph
G: Pack
SF: Wooga
F: Casey
C: Omier

I think this lineup has a chance for another solid tourney run!

Back to back to back Sweet 16s is my hope and current expectation :)

We will bring in a couple of significant pieces from the portal.. this will not be our starting 5..

Advertisement
I understand but I’m just saying he misses on too many top 100’s for a guy that has back to back deep tourney runs
Again, dude is recruiting top 25 classes to MIAMI. Look at how long Mark Few had
to win at a high level before Gonzaga started getting high end classes and they still aren’t landing oodles of Burger Boys.

Talent isn’t the issue and hasn’t been as long as L didn’t have one hand tied behind his back. This isn’t football, Miami isn’t nor will ever be a destination school for the elite basketball player. Miami needs to supplement Ls solid classes with good transfers and depend on one of the best teaching coaches in the world to develop guys. This criticism is hilariously wrong and it’s like you are digging for something to complain about. What the dude is doing is WORKING.

There's no chance Casey is starting. We will bring in 1 or 2 portal guys for sure in which they'd be starters I'd imagine. Casey as a big off the bench though should be fine.
Look forward to revisiting this

There's a reason why AJ was played in the tourney and part of the 8 man rotation

We will bring in a couple of significant pieces from the portal.. this will not be our starting 5..
We're definitely going to bring in some size from the portal but I have my eye on a big breakout year from AJ. Kid oozes NBA talent. The other 4 spots are likely set.

Advertisement
The question is whether anyone can take it to the next level here, considering that L is CONSISTENTLY recruiting in the top 30 as is People forget that thanks to the one and done rule, the powers can keep signing 3-5 elite guys every year, which mean fewer elite guys filter down. Compare that to 30 years ago when that wasn’t the case.

Miami has a distinct program identity and process. It’s different than Duke and UNC because Miami basketball doesn’t have the cache and barring Miami getting a young Coach L and him staying for 30 years, that isn’t changing anytime soon.
I’m not saying we need to pivot to the duke or UNC model. That will never be realistic for us. But Miami should be able to recruit a couple of instant impact freshmen in each class. It hurts depth when 1/3 or 1/4 or the roster is unplayable and just not ready to contribute as we saw with everyone in this 2023 class.

AJ gives me Marcus Morris vibes. He'll be a legit 6'9 220 by next season and is the perfect starting 4 on a team that doesn't start a 6'8 center. I also don't love the idea of starting Bensley next to Pack. We'd get killed with size, especially when Wooga is playing the 3 at 6'5. We were never a huge starting unit but outside of Pack, we had pretty good length with Wong, Wooga and Miller.

The biggest thing for me is adding size rather it‘s ****inson, Graham Ike, or that kid from Marshall OVing to UF. I came away think that we were the 4th best team out of the 4 and that if we played FAU they would dominate the front court like UConn did.

I know that Walker kid from Houston is getting 1st round projections but Wanogo is twice the basketball player.

Advertisement

There's a reason why AJ was played in the tourney and part of the 8 man rotation
I think that AJ Casey makes a big jump next year. There are some front court portal players with better numbers. If they come they will probably start. No matter what, Casey is going to be big part of what we do next year.

Again, dude is recruiting top 25 classes to MIAMI. Look at how long Mark Few had
to win at a high level before Gonzaga started getting high end classes and they still aren’t landing oodles of Burger Boys.

Talent isn’t the issue and hasn’t been as long as L didn’t have one hand tied behind his back. This isn’t football, Miami isn’t nor will ever be a destination school for the elite basketball player. Miami needs to supplement Ls solid classes with good transfers and depend on one of the best teaching coaches in the world to develop guys. This criticism is hilariously wrong and it’s like you are digging for something to complain about. What the dude is doing is WORKING.
Your smug tone is hilarious Gonzaga has been stuck in the WCC forever! That more so speaks to why they don’t produce top 10 classes. Miami in an evolving acc (unc misses tourney, duke lacks cohesion) can absolutely become a tops hoops destination now and after L. Even Kentucky isn’t what they used to be. And with NIL? This is just the beginning

Advertisement
So is there ANY hope that the wheel will finally go round for Anthony Walker?

I still cannot figure out why he's not a dominant player. 6'-9", 230 lbs., runs the floor really well, is athletic... I dont get why he's not productive.

So is there ANY hope that the wheel will finally go round for Anthony Walker?

I still cannot figure out why he's not a dominant player. 6'-9", 230 lbs., runs the floor really well, is athletic... I dont get why he's not productive.
He has no coordination..... reminds me of Bill Cartwright without the baby hook shot.

AJ didn't play much period and the 8 man rotation he was not in. Joseph walker and Beverly were the top 3 off the bench. I hope Casey is awesome but he will not start next year. We need a big in the portal.

Advertisement
Wooga and Bensley barely played last year and very rarely scored. They both made a huge jump this year and became major contributors. It will not surprise me at all if Casey, Watson or Aire make a similar leap.

Have to imagine we will add another impact transfer or two

Is it a foregone conclusion that Wong is gone, or could Ruiz pay him enough to stay 1 more year?

I admire Beverly for his courageous battle with injury and ability to contribute in a limited role. I know I won't have company but I think he could even be a stable secure mature contributing starter next year (if he stays.) Yes, this might take up a slot the NIL/portal might want, but at least this is a better problem than finding enough bodies for a 5-on-5 practice. Remember?

The biggest thing for me is adding size rather it‘s ****inson,
I admire Beverly for his courageous battle with injury and ability to contribute in a limited role. I know I won't have company but I think he could even be a stable secure mature contributing starter next year (if he stays.) Yes, this might take up a slot the NIL/portal might want, but at least this is a better problem than finding enough bodies for a 5-on-5 practice. Remember?
I like Beverly a lot. I just don’t see him having the quickness to be a full time starter in the ACC. I like him coming off the bench giving us ~15 minutes a game,

Advertisement
Back