A few scrimmage nuggets

This is actually kind of cute. The whole 15-0 thing. My seven year old daughter and I play a similar game that you're playing. Only she catches on when absolutely no one thinks it's funny or remotely entertaining. I can imagine what your response will be. @rva

Maybe your daughter actually is funny and your sense of humor is total ****.

Advertisement
Because this is becoming the popular move. Jump on a guy whose stock is in the toilet. If he turns it around, come back and anoint yourself a prescient visionary. If he doesn't, no one remembers.
It's just weird that Pope is the guy getting pumped because there are others at the position who have legit talent but haven't emerged and have actual excuses like injuries/Covid/seniority to explain why they haven't produced yet.

I think the sample size on Pope is big enough to know what he is at this point.

Haha. She is pretty funny. But do you think your schtick is funny? Honestly?

I think you're probably stunting your daughter's creativity. Embrace 15-0 before she get's as cynical and anti-fun as you.

Advertisement
It's just weird that Pope is the guy getting pumped because there are others at the position who have legit talent but haven't emerged and have actual excuses like injuries/Covid/seniority to explain why they haven't produced yet.

I think the sample size on Pope is big enough to know what he is at this point.
That’s exactly why buying Nope stock right now is so intriguing to those of us who are desperate to be seen as the seers we are. I can’t wait to stick it up everyone’s cagootz if Nope suddenly awakens from his 21 year slumber.

Advertisement
I think it's the off season buddy.
Yea. And I actually think you're a pretty decent poster most of the time. But it sort of just gets to a point, you know? I would definitely want a buddy of mine to let me know when **** is getting a bit played out.

As I recall, most of Pope's drops were either on WR screens to the outside (running too soon) or on deep balls (gauging the moon ball dropping from the sky). ****, who am I kidding - he's had all kinds of drops. But has anyone considered the staff is challenging his manhood by putting him in the slot? Make him run routes over the middle and TAKE THE CONTACT. Interesting watch when a safety of LB meets up with #6 in the middle of the field. The degree of difficulty catching the ball from slot patterns should be easier, but how will Pope like the contact/footsteps?

Yea. And I actually think you're a pretty decent poster most of the time. But it sort of just gets to a point, you know? I would definitely want a buddy of mine to let me know when **** is getting a bit played out.
We have podcasts with an imbecile and trolling to generate clicks like there is no tomorrow, not sure anything is worth taking seriously....

Advertisement
That’s exactly why buying Nope stock right now is so intriguing to those of us who are desperate to be seen as the seers we are. I can’t wait to stick it up everyone’s cagootz if Nope suddenly awakens from his 21 year slumber.
Can't wait for the few times he makes a play and the fans here try and dunk on people that said Pope stinks.

Can't wait for the few times he makes a play and the fans here try and dunk on people that said Pope stinks.
Statistically, he will likely have already dropped a pass in that game, or will soon drop a pass in that game. But you're right, those guys are still going to come full tomahawk.

Advertisement
As I recall, most of Pope's drops were either on WR screens to the outside (running too soon) or on deep balls (gauging the moon ball dropping from the sky). ****, who am I kidding - he's had all kinds of drops. But has anyone considered the staff is challenging his manhood by putting him in the slot? Make him run routes over the middle and TAKE THE CONTACT. Interesting watch when a safety of LB meets up with #6 in the middle of the field. The degree of difficulty catching the ball from slot patterns should be easier, but how will Pope like the contact/footsteps?

God, I hope our coaches aren't that insane. Take the skinny WR who lacks confidence, is more of a flag football guy than real football player, and who lacks football IQ and instincts on the field, and move him into a tighter space in the slot to "toughen him up" running routes into LBs and Safeties? At least he won't be starting long.

X, Harley, Smith and Rambo are my WR’s. They all work hard and continue to develop. Pope and Wiggins might show out this year, but I’d prefer to believe my eyes and not find out the hard way. X is the hardest worker in that room and it’s showing on the field. Crazy how that works lol
Work
Work
Work
Work
Pope does belong in the slot. That doesn’t mean he’s our best slot receiver. All for of my guys are just as good there too. There’s only so many balls to spread around.

Last edited:
I haven't seen all this bravado regarding Pope. Most are in wait , see and hope mode that he can finally put it together here.
The posturing on this board by some of these posters is borderline nauseating. Most Cane fans are definitely in a wait and see and are hoping for the best for Pope and the squad.
Who in their right mind would want to see Pope fail? Even worse. What kind of wack job would sit around with baited breath so to speak , just waiting to pounce on anyone who has anything good to say about the young man? Francischise and the rest of these haters need to get a life.

Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
Back