A divided house

reg

Sophomore
I have been a lifelong Canes fan but I married an FSU grad that grew up in Detroit. Out of our 3 kids, 2 (10 years old, 3 years old) are die hard Canes, but my youngest (turned 9 month's old today) is a bit confused. I'll give her until she turns 1 years old to make up her mind. Depending on which side she chooses, I may make an executive decision of downsizing to just being a family of four on May 5th.

On Saturdays my wife feels as out of place as a devout Catholic at a Black Pentacostal Church during a tent revival. However, the one thing that my wife and I share on Saturdays, is the genuine hate for Ohio State and the fnking Gaytors!

Curious to see who else on the board has a significant other that is anything other than a Miami fan, and how does it affect your household or relationship?

Advertisement
No issues here. Wife even joins me at the spring game. Tent revival reminded me of the time me and some friends rocked a tent revival with green oranges. They were all running scared and the preacher yelled for everybody to get down! We died laughing at them! Had to be there.

My gf went to UF but couldn't stand tebow so converting her to a canes fan was pretty easy

My girlfriend doesn't follow college football that much but when she does she roots for Ohio State. Safe to say....I'm not happy about that, but I am in the process of converting her, because when the games turn on ,I make her watch with me and she's starting to slowly but surely come around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
My boys and I are Cane fans; my wife and daughter are ND fans. Fortunately my wife is a Dolphins fan.

One of my ex-wives was a gator fan. But she still went to the OB with me and pulled for the Canes. Eventually, she even adopted all of the appropriate anti-gator verbiage, but her heart wasn't really in it. Anyway, I got rid of her at my earliest convenience.

My current wife doesn't give a fart about college football and doesn't even try to fake it. She gives me room on game days to vent whatever creative 4 letter combinations I choose.

I live in towards the north eastern part of florida, so all I see all day long is fsu and uf trash on everybody everywhere, don't need a spouse to understand these feelings

Makes me want to kill myself

Advertisement
One of my ex-wives was a gator fan. But she still went to the OB with me and pulled for the Canes. Eventually, she even adopted all of the appropriate anti-gator verbiage, but her heart wasn't really in it. Anyway, I got rid of her at my earliest convenience.

My current wife doesn't give a fart about college football and doesn't even try to fake it. She gives me room on game days to vent whatever creative 4 letter combinations I choose.

That's fnking hilarious!

My wife is a bama alumn but roots war eagle. I remind her often of her alumni status

Despite her auburn fanhood, she knowsl....ITS ALL ABOUT THE U in our house. We 20 years in so she knows the rules....Auburn games are on in the bedroom and on the small screen. Both 70 inch tv's are resereved for miami hurricane games

Advertisement
My significant others all reside at my local jerkoff joint....errr....Asian spa. None of them speak coherent English but I doubt there are big pockets of FSU or UiF fans in Cambodia so this thread doesn't hit home at all. Best of luck to everyone else dealing with this ugly dilemma though.

I grew up 2 blocks from campus (Miami) and my mom worked there for 20 years. My wife grew up 30 minutes from Tally. I don't think we ever had a conversation about it when we got married ....she just converted from day 1. We live in Georgia now so we are surrounded by UGA fans. My kids are too young to remember the glory days and get berated at school all the time for being fans of The U, but I have quickly taught them to point out (to their UGA classmates) that 5 >1. My in laws are still huge FSU fans so that's been fun the last several years. To this day I think they hated me more when we got married for the fact that I was a Cane as opposed to the fact that I knocked up their daughter before we got married!

Advertisement
I grew up 2 blocks from campus (Miami) and my mom worked there for 20 years. My wife grew up 30 minutes from Tally. I don't think we ever had a conversation about it when we got married ....she just converted from day 1. We live in Georgia now so we are surrounded by UGA fans. My kids are too young to remember the glory days and get berated at school all the time for being fans of The U, but I have quickly taught them to point out (to their UGA classmates) that 5 >1. My in laws are still huge FSU fans so that's been fun the last several years. To this day I think they hated me more when we got married for the fact that I was a Cane as opposed to the fact that I knocked up their daughter before we got married!

This is a true snapshot of how this rivalry is suppose to be!

Wife didn't care too much for college football when we met, while my son readily admits I influenced him to become a 'Cane fan while I was stationed in Northwest Florida. Being that my wife is from Ohio, and thus indoctrinated from an early age to cheer for O$Uck, we wagered on the Terry Porter game and he won her some tainted $$$. However, my son stayed a 'Cane fan thoughout until he bacame a 'Cane, allowing Mom to take numerous $uckeye cult deprogramming trips to Coral Cables/games, including the 24-6 game against O$Uck. She is now a 'Cane's fan and dislikes O$Uk appropriately.

Advertisement
Back