A divided house

Advertisement
I have been a lifelong Canes fan but I married an FSU grad that grew up in Detroit. Out of our 3 kids, 2 (10 years old, 3 years old) are die hard Canes, but my youngest (turned 9 month's old today) is a bit confused. I'll give her until she turns 1 years old to make up her mind. Depending on which side she chooses, I may make an executive decision of downsizing to just being a family of four on May 5th.

On Saturdays my wife feels as out of place as a devout Catholic at a Black Pentacostal Church during a tent revival. However, the one thing that my wife and I share on Saturdays, is the genuine hate for Ohio State and the fnking Gaytors!

Curious to see who else on the board has a significant other that is anything other than a Miami fan, and how does it affect your household or relationship?

i think you're supposed to leave the baby on a mountainside or something if she ends up a noles fan since bashing heads on a rock went out of style a few centuries ago.

I call Ohio State.. the Suckeyes

So do I, but I use $uckeyes, because a search of the $uckeye institute shows Urban Meyer, athletic booster organization or not, is making $4,534,772.00 in earnings, earnings which I KNOW are partly being payed by my tax dollars thanks to living in this hole of a state.

https://www.buckeyeinstitute.org/data/higher_ed_salary

Add O$Uck grad and petulent crybaby Governor John "I'm taking my marbles and hiding out in my mansion" Kasich and cold weather...Well it it just SUCKS.

I have been a lifelong Canes fan but I married an FSU grad that grew up in Detroit. Out of our 3 kids, 2 (10 years old, 3 years old) are die hard Canes, but my youngest (turned 9 month's old today) is a bit confused. I'll give her until she turns 1 years old to make up her mind. Depending on which side she chooses, I may make an executive decision of downsizing to just being a family of four on May 5th.

On Saturdays my wife feels as out of place as a devout Catholic at a Black Pentacostal Church during a tent revival. However, the one thing that my wife and I share on Saturdays, is the genuine hate for Ohio State and the fnking Gaytors!

Curious to see who else on the board has a significant other that is anything other than a Miami fan, and how does it affect your household or relationship?

Your baby girl will come around once she figures out there will be no toys for Christmas until she declares allegiance to the Green and Orange.

My wife figured out from jumpstreet it was a lot easier to just go along to get along.

I'm an Orthodox 'Cane, so I require every girl I date to be a 'Cane or 'Cane convert. Otherwise, when my number's called, I won't be allowed in that great old Orange Bowl in the sky.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Use the belt.

Generously.

My ex was a Nole. When we played Fsu I'd holler at her to make me a sammich and make it quick

Had no idea she was a Semenhole fan. So as I was hitting it from the back and faintly saw the tribe tattoo. Safe to say it was infuriating when the last few years seeped into my memories, but then I thought of the *** whoopings we used to give them and I had the most confusing glorious nut bust that one could imagine. Deleted my number, changed my name, and moved to Alaska. Now I depend on these boards for mental stabilization.

I'm and Dolphins fan and my wife's a Jets fan. Both our teams usually suck but not this year a baby! We went to the 2015 game at Joe Robbie but there was no joy in Mudville that day. Needless to say it is a situation to avoid. Marrying an FSU fan though?? That can't be real life.

Advertisement
My wife doesn't care about football that much but roots for the Canes with me. My three kids are all Canes too. We live in Lakeland and this place is slam full of Gatah. My oldest began calling out the Gatah as trash a couple years ago (makes me warm all over).

Remind your little Catholic girl about the history of Father Leo with the Canes. My wife and 4 kids all mandated to be Cane fans regardless of anything else; there was never a choice. In-laws are mixed bag. Did get rid of one gator son-in-law, trying to convert the other. Most of the grand kids no that the only proper response to "What's it all about?" is "All about THE U." One got little uppity when she was dating a gator fan, but came back to the faith when I took her car away. Turns out hot car beats the crap of on any boyfriend. Bonus was the object lesson for the rest of them. All is fair in love of THE U and the war against the world.

Advertisement
My wife graduated from FSU also so I feel your pain.

tumblr_m3v0hegswj1qd1doe.gif

You should get the "A House Divided" license plate so you can be like everybody else that has one.

Advertisement
My girlfriend and her whole family are FSU fans. It's a little rough on gameday, but more than worth it the rest of the year.

I've married outside of my religion (not so bad) and my political beliefs (not so bad). The only big mistake was marrying outside my fan allegiance.

Advertisement
Back