A different perspective...

I do not care how much you know about coaching or how little a laymen knows. It is very obvious to ANYONE that we run the same plays up the gut over and over again.

Why do we refuse to run outside the tackles?
Why do we refuse to chuck it deep once in a while?

I was having a heart attack in the stadium against FSU when we kept running it up the ******* gut over and over and over again. Same **** for the UNC game. We should be undefeated had the play calling been better.

Also, why isnt Richt yelling at the referees for their terrible calls? The **** clock was still running when we ran out of bounds around 2 minutes left? He is too busy calling the next run play that he cant put the refs in check.

Advertisement
Guys who've never done it...

Always have the answers.

I can tell you firsthand, it's never as simple as you make it sound. There's things that coaches see that you have no idea about. You guys might blurt out a solution that the coaches have already tried and you don't even know it.

I have a 6'4" 240lb Defensive End who seldom plays. I'm sure the critics think I'm (we're) dumba$$es for not putting him on the field every series.
"Look at that boy! He needs to be on the field! They got that 6'0" 185lbs DE in there instead of him! That's why they can't stop the run!"
However, they're not at practice and they don't watch film to see that the kid gives poor effort on 50% of his snaps.

Our two best RB's don't even start. Know why? They can't line-up and do the right things. They don't know the pass protections. They don't know how to read inside/outside zone. So guess what, we have to give the majority of the snaps to a kid that runs a **** 7.9 in the forty.

This crap happens on every level of football not just high school.

Quit comparing coaching high school ball with major D 1 ball.....it makes you look stupid.

Quit following me around and negging all of my posts. It makes you look like a d!ck rider.

I can't help with all the ****** you've put in this thread. You are ******* helpless. You aren't the only poster that's ever coached the game of football stud. There are plenty on here that have and you comparing your **** HS squad with major D 1 culture, commitment, etc. is just plain asinine. You're comparing apples & oranges and I just couldn't help but call out the stupid.

The other guy in the thread who has actually coached understands my perspective.

That's all it is, a perspective. It's not me saying "this is what is going on".

But see, your fa99ot a$$ will follow me around all over this board and look to contradict things that I post. For whatever reason I just rub you the wrong way. It's like you have a man crush on me. It's pathetic. There's a handful of ****heads on here that I always have to hear from and you're one of them.

You're that douche-bag that always attempts to contradict people who are far more qualified/experienced than you on certain subjects...just cause you wanna be heard.

I made this thread to give my perspective and have a legitimate conversation with fellow Cane's fans...but then I gotta deal with a$$holes like you.

If you made a post on here about suckin' **** and the perspective you get looking up into another man's eyes, I wouldn't attempt to contradict you and call you a ****** cause obviously you know much more about that than I do.

I like most your posts, this one is full of excuses. Reminds me of your Dorito posts, you seem to blame players/other areas over coaches for lack of team success, perhaps because you are a coach.

Also laugh at not having enough talent to beat a mediocre FSU or UNC at home. Or score more then 19 and 13 points vs horrible defenses. This team went 8-5 last year with the most incompetent staff I've ever seen, we are headed for the same or worse. That is with returning 10 starters on O and having the D be light years ahead of where they were last year.

And yes it has happened. * went 6-7 in 2011, hired Urban and went 12-0 in 2012.

Excuses? How do you decipher between excuses and legitimate REASONS?

I blame coaches plenty. I blamed Golden's staff for a ton of ****. I blame high school coaches on a regular basis. However, I have trouble blaming a guy that I've seen succeed. That was the whole point of using the analogy of my HC versus Richt. (both of which are struggling right now despite success in the past)

And surely we're not expecting Richt to be Urban Meyer are we? The best coach in football? We're not expecting that from Richt. That's an anomaly.

Just last year you said Miami had a "real" Miami defense, you talked very highly of Doritio.

Richt was fired for a reason, he has never won the big game and has been worse the last 6-8 years. This is who Richt is, conservative and unimaginative. If you don't know that, then you haven't watched UGA at all recently.

Our offense vs Power 5 teams: 355 vs Tech, 276 vs FSU, 363 vs UNC.

Give me a legitimate reason why an offense who returned 10 starters look worse then one coached by the incompetent James Coley? Tell me why James Madison put up 500 yards on UNC and Miami had 363 and 13pts?

We have a winner for the best question of the day.

I answered that in my original post.

It's not a matter of talent, it's a matter of one offense being a well-oiled machine and another one being brand new. (and scaled back)

I do not care how much you know about coaching or how little a laymen knows. It is very obvious to ANYONE that we run the same plays up the gut over and over again.

But...

No.

What we're doing is not obvious to "anyone". And that's clear by some of the assessments/observations that are posted on this board every day. (Ex: We don't have a mobile QB for RPO's)

It helps to understand WTF is going on. It helps to understand the nuances of football. A laymen doesn't see what an experienced coach sees which is obvious by your "we just run up the gut" statement. You see a run "up the gut" and I see an RPO.

Advertisement
OP made a similar thread where he said Dorito a defensive genius or something to that effect.

How this had made it to 4 pages is beyond me.

You mean the thread where I said that he indeed knows a lot about football but may lack the ability to apply it properly and/or may have philosophies that don't fit with our athletes?

You fvckheads gotta let that thread go. Or at least have the story straight if you're gonna keep bringing it up.

Always have the answers.

I can tell you firsthand, it's never as simple as you make it sound. There's things that coaches see that you have no idea about. You guys might blurt out a solution that the coaches have already tried and you don't even know it.

I have a 6'4" 240lb Defensive End who seldom plays. I'm sure the critics think I'm (we're) dumba$$es for not putting him on the field every series.
"Look at that boy! He needs to be on the field! They got that 6'0" 185lbs DE in there instead of him! That's why they can't stop the run!"
However, they're not at practice and they don't watch film to see that the kid gives poor effort on 50% of his snaps.

Our two best RB's don't even start. Know why? They can't line-up and do the right things. They don't know the pass protections. They don't know how to read inside/outside zone. So guess what, we have to give the majority of the snaps to a kid that runs a **** 7.9 in the forty.

Quit comparing coaching high school ball with major D 1 ball.....it makes you look stupid.

Quit following me around and negging all of my posts. It makes you look like a d!ck rider.

I can't help with all the ****** you've put in this thread. You are ******* helpless. You aren't the only poster that's ever coached the game of football stud. There are plenty on here that have and you comparing your **** HS squad with major D 1 culture, commitment, etc. is just plain asinine. You're comparing apples & oranges and I just couldn't help but call out the stupid.

I like Macho's posts overall but his arrogance over being a HS football coach is amusing.

Its like saying I owned a lemonade stand so I know what its like to be Bill Gates

Last edited:

Always have the answers.

I like Macho's posts overall but his arrogance over being a HS football coach is amusing.

Its like saying I owned a lemonade stand so I know what its like to be Bill Gates

Don't confuse me having to defend myself all the time for arrogance. Two different things.

Advertisement

Always have the answers.

The other guy in the thread who has actually coached understands my perspective.

But see, your fa99ot a$$ will follow me around all over this board and look to contradict things that I post. For whatever reason I just rub you the wrong way. It's like you have a man crush on me. It's pathetic. There's a handful of ****heads on here that I always have to hear from and you're one of them.

You're that douche-bag that always attempts to contradict people who are far more qualified/experienced than you on certain subjects...just cause you wanna be heard.

I made this thread to give my perspective and have a legitimate conversation with fellow Cane's fans...but then I gotta deal with a$$holes like you.

If you made a post on here about suckin' **** and the perspective you get looking up into another man's eyes, I wouldn't attempt to contradict you and call you a ****** cause obviously you know much more about that than I do.

Well...I've coached for almost two decades. Been a head coach, coordinator, position coach and I don't agree with anything you said. He agrees with you because he's a Richt **** rider (look at his screen name).

Always have the answers.

Agreed.....he's an arrogant **** but brings a lot to the board. I generally agree with him but also don't mind calling him a douche bag when he's acting like one.

I can't help with all the ****** you've put in this thread. You are ****ing helpless. You aren't the only poster that's ever coached the game of football stud. There are plenty on here that have and you comparing your **** HS squad with major D 1 culture, commitment, etc. is just plain asinine. You're comparing apples & oranges and I just couldn't help but call out the stupid.

Don't confuse me having to defend myself all the time for arrogance. Two different things.

I suspect very few posters on this site even played high school football. Madden has turned a lot of people into "football experts." If Macho is a high school coach, then yes, I'd wager he knows a **** of a lot more about football than most board members. People who disagree with that statement are probably fans who, again, never played organized football. And regarding the lemonade stand analogy: I'd say a lemonade stand owner who actually has to deal with taxes, permits, etc would understand the business world more than the checkout clerk at Walmart. Doesn't make the person bill gates, but the business owner would understand what goes into having a successful business.

That leads to my real point : if you have any understanding of football, then you know that the game is won and lost in the trenches with the big uglies. OL and DL are the most important parts of a team by far. For whatever reason, the OL is severely under performing this year. I believe we have essentially the same starters as last year so whether it's the new blocking scheme, techniques, strength and conditioning or laziness, they are not blocking well. Kaaya occasionally has time, but he is clearly the type of qb who needs a clean pocket to be successful. I agree that aspect will probably prevent him from being successful in the NFL because you don't always have a clean pocket. The Canes need someone like Dan Marino, who had zero wheels, to teach Kaaya how to move around in the pocket to avoid pressure. He doesn't need to run to be successful, just learn how to step forward to avoid edge rushers - when Kaaya has to move in the pocket during games , he loses his rhythm and throws errant passes.

Case in point: miami dolphins. Patchwork OL, Tanny looks awful and can't win games. Finally get back the entire OL, and they beat a good Steelers team and Tanny looks solid. A great qb can hide some OL deficiencies, we know Kaaya isn't a great qb but he is good enough to win the ACC Coastal if he has a good OL.

Well...I've coached for almost two decades. Been a head coach, coordinator, position coach and I don't agree with anything you said. He agrees with you because he's a Richt **** rider (look at his screen name).

Where you coach at?

Advertisement
OP made a similar thread where he said Dorito a defensive genius or something to that effect.

How this had made it to 4 pages is beyond me.

You mean the thread where I said that he indeed knows a lot about football but may lack the ability to apply it properly and/or may have philosophies that don't fit with our athletes?

You fvckheads gotta let that thread go. Or at least have the story straight if you're gonna keep bringing it up.

No, they won't keep the story straight or quit bringing it up. Just don't let it get to you. At least a third of the people on this board, simply attack posters rather than actually discussing football. They don't have a point, know football, contradict themselves daily, are hypocritical as ****, and act like it's amateur night at the comedy club. They would rather insult you than discuss football since they would get their asses handed to them.

Someone said Madden and reading posts here (there are some solid posters who know their stuff), it's obvious that's all the experience they have playing the game.

Advertisement
thanks for the post, I appreciate having something to say other than the obvious. I was not assuming 10 wins before the season, but I have to admit I drank the coolaid at 4-0. Shame on me.

I think some people need to slow their roll. Why do you guys think you know that dude who's in the game isn't the best guy? Just because he's not performing, doesn't mean we've got somebody who should play instead of berrios. I agree that we should probably explore the middle of the field, but maybe Richt knows something about his team that I don't. I'm not saying there isn't plenty of blame to go around, but maybe we aren't a few tweaks from 6-0. Maybe the problems run deeper than we'd like to believe.

It's The team's first year with new coaches and it's frustrating as ****, but maybe that should be expected.

Always have the answers.

See this is just an **** response. "I'm a coach and I've done it and you guys are just message board posters".

Yes, I'm just a message board poster. But I've been watching football since I was 5 years old and been a hardcore fan since I was 10. I know what good football is and I know what bad football is.

The offense that Mark Richt puts on the field is not good football. No matter how you slice it.

The STA guy had the answers...

Macho,

First off.....apologize for going all in on your thread. I appreciate your contributions and think you have a very good head on your shoulders and are probably a great coach. You obviously have tremendous knowledge of the game. I coached in Montana btw....no where near the competition level you do obviously, but coaching the game is coaching the game.

I also don't disagree with ALL of what you posted. I think that what you wrote about what YOU and your staff is going through on your high school team is legitimate. I've witnessed the difficulties with my own two eyes. Changing culture and getting the kids "up to speed and on board" schematically does usually take more than a year at a high school program, although there should be flashes of a breakthrough.

1. Culture- You say the culture needs changing? Well I think Richt has gotten the "culture" turned around pretty quickly. I don't see a lot of quitting or moping quite yet, however, as Chise pointed out that can change in a hurry. If we continue to get our **** pushed in on the offensive side of the ball, there will be a mutiny soon enough (SFL football community will make sure of that).

2. Schemes- The schemes version of you post is where you really go off the rails. First off.....installing, repetition, practice time, resources, coaches (#'s and quality) and everything is magnified 100X at the college level. Great offensive minds change jobs on the regular and CONSISTENTLY make a year 1 transformation. (Herman, Babers and the list goes on) I'm also not saying I want Babers as the Head Coach, just pointing out the **** stains he has to work on his roster (for everyone claiming Richt needs "his guys"). Check out Syracuse offensive stats from last year and compare to this year. Now that's a GOOD offensive mind (or new Texas OC) Thing is we'll never mistake Richt for being a great offensive mind, because he obviously isn't one. Great offensive coaches can and should make the year 1 transition.

It has nothing to do with what we EXPECTED our record to be this year. It's irrelevant really. It's about the product we've put on the field. The offense has been dog$hit all year, it's just been masked by playing inferior competition the first 4 weeks.

It's also Richts CHOICE to put Berrios and Lewis out there on KR. You trying to tell me this team has NO ONE better than Lewis to return kicks? lol Just proves that Richt is a conservative, risk averse ***** and he coaches like one week in and week out.

Advertisement
Back