9-3.......Would you take it?

Advertisement
Some of y'all saying 12-0 wouldn't be enough for you? TF do you want then? If winning isn't enough then some of y'all just want to be miserable and complain, which sounds to me like you have the problem, not the coaches.

I think if AG doesn't win the coastal and a solid bowl game this year he's gone, but if he shows significant improvement then some of y'all better start eating some crow.

What I meant by saying 11-1 or 12-0 was that I want to beat FSU and don't want to lose to an inferior opponent. That would leave Clemson as the only team that is not inferior or FSU because I want to beat them. It's been too long.

So unless we are 11-1 or 12-0 we lost to FSU or a bad team like UVA or Pitt like Golden always does. Obviously 9-3 or 10-2 would be a step in the right direction but our schedule is weak imho. Every team is/should be weaker than Miami or even if they are a good program they are in a rebuild year. Not full rebuild but replacing a ton of players and even full units.

And even Golden has said it himself.. we bring back 25 of 30 on defense plus add Quan and Jenkins back. 2 of those 5 were Armbrister and Fentress which should be easily replaced. (not even bashing them but guys like Jaquan Johnson should be an upgrade). Not many teams in the country bring back 25 of 30 on either offense or defense and then gain a starter that missed a season and a should have been starter last year that missed the season

Last edited:
i feel the reason the administration didn't fire AL Golden a few years ago is because two reasons one Donna Shaala and two AL had a Huge Buyout our School is still paying Randy Shannon's Contract we can't afford to pay for two coaches contacts, but now the difference is AL Buyout has drop to like 2 million so we can buy him out thats why you see the change and tone from Blake James. I think this will be the season we see what the administration and AD is really made of ...... GO CANES! !!!!

Advertisement
Most of you here are the biggest sweethearts I've ever heard... you give a guy you don't even know three redeeming chances:
#1 UL bowl game blowout with no coaches fired in the offseason
#2 6-7 2014 with no coaching changes
#3 2015 season

People on here must own 150 stray dogs, 255 stray cats, and give every homeless person they see $4K

Most of you here are the biggest sweethearts I've ever heard... you give a guy you don't even know three redeeming chances:
#3 2015 season

People on here must own 150 stray dogs, 255 stray cats, and give every homeless person they see $4K

Didn't Coker fire nearly all his assistant coaches after 9-3?

i think we go 10-2 with losses to FSU and GT because of our defense and miss out on going to the acc championship

#3 2015 season

Didn't Coker fire nearly all his assistant coaches after 9-3?

Things were different back then. We had actual expectations of competing for national championships, not hoping and praying to win a weak division title in the worst of the Big 5 conferences.

Advertisement
To answer the question, no I do not want 9 wins. I want 10+ and a competitive ACC championship game berth. Anything less and the head coach should be terminated.

Randy Shannon won 9 games. Larry Coker won 9 games. AG won 9 games once. That doesn't prove anything, nor should it be held up as some sort of reasonable indicator of progress. That just means you're ******' AVERAGE for the U.

Why are we trying to find scenarios to keep Al around as opposed to shooting him into the Atlantic via circus cannon? I don't care if Miami goes 12-0 wins the NC, and then WWE-style storms the field at the Super Bowl, challenges the Seahawks and the Patriots to merge into one super team and UM proceeds to beat that team by 60. If any of that happens it'll be in spite of Fat Back and his gang of dumb**** assistants, not because of.

Shooting Al into the Atlantic with a circus cannon is the best idea I've heard yet! Just make the trajectory just off the coast of Cuba and paint spy on his forehead. Al couldn't go 9-3 with instructions.

9-3 should be a given. At best, that's an average coaching and team performance at this point considering our schedule.

This is all on paper at this point, maybe our schedule looks decent at the end of the year. What teams are returning that we'll face, not impressive whatsoever.

So for today, **** no I don't reward this bozo with another season for that. 10 wins or bus his *** back up north.

Advertisement
With the group of sophomores and juniors that we'd have returning for the following season, would 9-3 (I know we're still settling) be acceptable to give Al one more season?

Does 9-3 give me a natty? Than no. Only way golden would win me over is with a natty

Advertisement
Al couldn't go 9-3 with instructions.

Not to defend bozo the clown, but you must be a new fan or have a very short memory since he went 9-3 two years ago.

It's worth repeating...the only reason a coach as inept as Golden and the numbers "9" and "10" are even within the realm of possibility this year is because the ******* SCHEDULE IS PATHETICALLY EASY.

I don't doubt he could pull out an accidental 9 win season playing Dave Wannstedt ball (a bunch of 13-10, 14-13, 17-16 type games) where we play conservative as **** and out-athlete the pathetically mediocre teams on our schedule.

This is exactly what worries me....winning 9 games this year would basically extend our sanctions. This program will take a severe step backwards if Golden isn't eradicated soon. Every season he stays sets us back 1 or 2 more.

9 wins should never be acceptable at the University of Miami under any circumstances. I'm so sick of these losers who know seem to make up a decent part of the fanbase.

Advertisement
Back