8 locked in

Advertisement
Yea class is shaping up nicely so far.

As far as local prospects, I think Stewart and Bissainthe are obviously must gets. Would be super nice to get Kelly also.

I like that we aren't relying on just prospects from FL. Sometimes you have to cast a wider net if the local prospects are not up to our standards or are just showing minimal interest.

We're a national brand and kids from around the country are aware of the U. Looks like we're taking advantage of that this cycle

This is what you do when it’s a weak class locally. Expect to see more of a local flavor next year. ‘23 is loaded like ‘21.

I hear you D. ... I think Manny's staff really picked up their game this year. Weakest local class (outside of DEs) as far back as I can remember, Covid restrictions lifted so all the coveted local kids are out there busting loose and not ready to commit, a good share of the talent deep in SEC territory. This has to be the hardest class to recruit in a long time. And they're doing a heck of a job.

I'm not shy to voice my concerns about Patke's LB board. And we may be scrambling a bit at OL and DT if we miss out on our top targets. But overall coaches and the rest of the recruiting staff are killing it.

Starting to look like one **** good class

Offense
1 QB: Brown
2 WR: Ibieta and Horton
1 OT: Carswell

Defense
1 LB: Medlock
3 CB: Graves, Rogers & Fegans

ZERO from Dade/Broward/Palm Beach so far. Time for the local boys to start repping the crib!!!

I think we're done on offense except for OL.

If we have schollies, we might pick up a rotational, high floor/low ceiling type at RB late in the cycle or through the portal if Cam goes pro as expected. Same with TE if we dont get Skinner.

On defense, looks like we're done at LB with Medlock and Bissainthe if he wants in. Coaches seem comfortable with having 1-2 LBs, we're not seeing a flurry of chatter for plan B LBs after missing on Tolan and with Jackson looking less likely.

DT and DE have become bigger needs with Holley gone and maybe Cam Williams as well. We need 2 minimum at DT and at DE this year, and we could actually take 3 kids at each spot and still not be overloading the depth chart. Personally, this is my biggest worry, sometimes i wonder wtf Simpson is doing by cooling on Lyons, Durant, and perhaps Tarbor. Everyone screaming about LBs but our real needs are along the DL and DB units.

CB is almost finished, i'd take Henderson and call it a day (you never know what could happen if Bama comes calling for Fegans). Safety/striker seems super clearcut - Henderson, Williams and Cull. Just take them and call it a day.

Advertisement
I think we're done on offense except for OL.

If we have schollies, we might pick up a rotational, high floor/low ceiling type at RB late in the cycle or through the portal if Cam goes pro as expected. Same with TE if we dont get Skinner.

On defense, looks like we're done at LB with Medlock and Bissainthe if he wants in. Coaches seem comfortable with having 1-2 LBs, we're not seeing a flurry of chatter for plan B LBs after missing on Tolan and with Jackson looking less likely.

DT and DE have become bigger needs with Holley gone and maybe Cam Williams as well. We need 2 minimum at DT and at DE this year, and we could actually take 3 kids at each spot and still not be overloading the depth chart. Personally, this is my biggest worry, sometimes i wonder wtf Simpson is doing by cooling on Lyons, Durant, and perhaps Tarbor. Everyone screaming about LBs but our real needs are along the DL and DB units.

CB is almost finished, i'd take Henderson and call it a day (you never know what could happen if Bama comes calling for Fegans). Safety/striker seems super clearcut - Henderson, Williams and Cull. Just take them and call it a day.
Good post. Glad someone else is concerned about our strategy with DT’s. Simpson isn’t known for his recruiting.

Good post. Glad someone else is concerned about our strategy with DT’s. Simpson isn’t known for his recruiting.

We really shoulda locked in one of Lyons or Durant. They may not have NFL potential like Taylor but if they're at least rotational players, we're gonna need guys like them after we lose Silvera and Ford this year and JHH and Miller the next. Better yet, take both and then go all out for Lucas.

Now, Jess has got a second chance with Tarber and Hastings it seems like. Dont mess this up, take one or both and then continue with the full court press for Lucas.

This whole board freaking out about LBs when we've got 8-10 kids for only two spots for 2022, even without Bissainthe. Nobody seems concerned that we're rolling into 2022 with only 5 DTs returning and zero committed.

With Avantae gone, safety/striker is also another growing need, we cant be pussyfooting around praying for a miracle in Kamari, lock down Henderson, Cull and Markeith and call it a day.

Advertisement
We really shoulda locked in one of Lyons or Durant. They may not have NFL potential like Taylor but if they're at least rotational players, we're gonna need guys like them after we lose Silvera and Ford this year and JHH and Miller the next. Better yet, take both and then go all out for Lucas.

Now, Jess has got a second chance with Tarber and Hastings it seems like. Dont mess this up, take one or both and then continue with the full court press for Lucas.

This whole board freaking out about LBs when we've got 8-10 kids for only two spots for 2022, even without Bissainthe. Nobody seems concerned that we're rolling into 2022 with only 5 DTs returning and zero committed.

With Avantae gone, safety/striker is also another growing need, we cant be pussyfooting around praying for a miracle in Kamari, lock down Henderson, Cull and Markeith and call it a day.

Think they’re proving they know what they’re doing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This class is impressive to me for that reason.

I’m sure it’s happened at some point in our history, but I can’t imagine very often. Never seen anything quite like it.
People are so stuck on negativity they can’t see something that’s impressive as **** staring them right in the face. Tbh I was nervous about this class, knowing how down Sfla is this cycle. Yet they’ve went national and are putting together a nice class. You’re starting to see why we passed on guys earlier , people here here don’t want you taking those types until you don’t take them lol. Remember spells? Now look at our cb class and we could still land another stud.

People are so stuck on negativity they can’t see something that’s impressive as **** staring them right in the face. Tbh I was nervous about this class, knowing how down Sfla is this cycle. Yet they’ve went national and are putting together a nice class. You’re starting to see why we passed on guys earlier , people here here don’t want you taking those types until you don’t take them lol. Remember spells? Now look at our cb class and we could still land another stud.
Exactly. People here were getting all panicky, wanting us to jump on any mediocre prospect just to build up our commitment numbers. Too many short sighted people and not enough people playing the long game.

Advertisement
Back